Author Topic: Too early to mention the C word so will mention the A word instead  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Too early to mention the C word so will mention the A word instead
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 00:30:51 AM »

For any large/Bulky items, these are pretty good. You can choose different companies on price. I'm sure it would be cheaper than the PO and they collect from you. You don't need the exact weight - as long as it is under something like 10kg. http://www.parcel2go.com/

I used them earlier this year for something - no idea what it was though  :-:

:thanks: I might try to take a photo of Noah's wee-face, it's actually quite cute as he turns his ears back. Normally he won't allow photos as he tries to headbutt my phone, but mid-pee he stays quite still.  :sneaky:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 00:00:04 AM »
Or is that just too gross to auction off? :sick:
[/color]

I won one in the Auction the year before last - I got it as a spare and not used it yet  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 22:22:40 PM »
Hmmm, can I just estimate postage? I don't really fancy marching up to the Post Office with cat litter tray in hand. :shocked: I've just toyed with the idea of getting Noah to 'model' the tray for photos but I am not sure the world is ready for his poo-face.  :rofl:

For any large/Bulky items, these are pretty good. You can choose different companies on price. I'm sure it would be cheaper than the PO and they collect from you. You don't need the exact weight - as long as it is under something like 10kg. http://www.parcel2go.com/

I use Parcel2go for Purrs shop international and bulky orders and had no probs :) All been very good :)

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 19:42:17 PM »
There are limits  :innocent:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have you seen the creepy eBay thread, would probably be the biggest seller if that was anything to go by!  :rofl:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 17:56:03 PM »
Hmmm, can I just estimate postage? I don't really fancy marching up to the Post Office with cat litter tray in hand. :shocked: I've just toyed with the idea of getting Noah to 'model' the tray for photos but I am not sure the world is ready for his poo-face.  :rofl:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 17:20:39 PM »
I might auction off a picture of me wearing my lucky purringo pants!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ya never know! We have had a few funnies in our auctions like loo roll holders excellent cat toy!  (i wonder who put them on!!  :shify: )  They went though  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 17:16:02 PM »
yayyyyyy Auction thread has started  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Always love that time of year  ;D loads of fun  ;D

Lol Gilly ya right i hadn't hought about the C word design for the top but will get Steve thinking about it.  I think we popped the Purrs C word head on in Oct last year  :scared: so prob aim for end Oct.

I am already getting shop goodies for C word in and they will be up with the new Purrs shop design hopefully end Oct too. Have already been asked about our C word personalised photo greeting cards for this year so have got Steve's design thinking cap on.  ;D

My local shop has already got C word chocs in  :scared: :Crazy:
Has summer fini yet??  :-:

I know Gilly will need help for the auction running as it is alot of work but i know she loves doing it  :sneaky:  :Luv: :Luv:  so she will prob be recruiting.

Also if ya up for it we need someone to do a bit of marketing to email lots of Pet suppliers if they would kindly donate some goodies for our auction for some advertising on our special Auction page just for them ( this was last years page - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk//Auction%20Sponsors/index.html ).  the more goodies we can get the more we make for the cats  ;D If anyone is up to helping us with this job, please can ya contact me or Gilly. :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 17:08:02 PM »
There are limits  :innocent:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 16:28:41 PM »
I might auction off a picture of me wearing my lucky purringo pants!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 14:31:25 PM »
I knew what the C and A words were before opening the thread! Does that mean I am no longer a newbie?  :wish:

Please tell me if this is bad idea  :-[ but Noah doesn't really use his eleven month old super-jumbo-deluxe-blooming-expensive hooded litter tray. I would of course clean thoroughly before the auction and posting! As Noah is indoor I am pretty sure he is free of nasties - tested clear for FIV, no feline contact since vaccination, recently zapped with Stronghold. Can't imagine anything would survive anyway if I scrub and pack it away ASAP.

I think it's a good idea .... I'd bid on it.  I quite fancy a hooded tray but haven't bought one just in case, like Noah, my lot ignore it and I end up wasting my money  :innocent:   So if there's a chance of getting a bargain, helping you get rid of an unwanted tray and helping needy kitties all in one go then I'm definitely in  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »
ANy thing goes - I still have Tans Crackers from a couple of years ago! :shocked: :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 02:22:35 AM »
Yes you can estimate postage and I will be putting some rates up much nearer the time  ;D

I am sure we will love his face  ;D ;D

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 02:19:49 AM »
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 01:52:40 AM »
I think its worth a try and nothing to lose  ;D

Yes I reckon you are not a newbie anymore  :rofl: :rofl:

Mary Holidays, a new year the C word...............my goodness.........sigh

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :shify: :shify: :shify: :scared: :scared: :scared: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 00:45:44 AM »
I knew what the C and A words were before opening the thread! Does that mean I am no longer a newbie?  :wish:

Please tell me if this is bad idea  :-[ but Noah doesn't really use his eleven month old super-jumbo-deluxe-blooming-expensive hooded litter tray. I would of course clean thoroughly before the auction and posting! As Noah is indoor I am pretty sure he is free of nasties - tested clear for FIV, no feline contact since vaccination, recently zapped with Stronghold. Can't imagine anything would survive anyway if I scrub and pack it away ASAP.

Lulu's Catbook

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 22:36:18 PM »
 :oops: :sorry: Gill

BUT do you know somethig else??? It's nearly 2011 too  :naughty: :evillaugh:

I've just booked my flight to Italy for May 2011 so I'm a bit mixed up as to what month and year it is  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 22:25:09 PM »
The boys have had some bits and pieces tucked away ready since a few days after the auction finished last year :evillaugh:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 21:58:38 PM »
Ive got a few things put by for the Auction and am really looking forward to it again.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 21:46:50 PM »
I've seen C word chocs, cards and wrapping paper in the shops already, in several shops in fact! Haven't even done Halloween yet!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 21:27:38 PM »
I feel I should really modify your post Mary  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

How dare you use the C word in September LOL, even Tescoes isnt doing that yet, they are conning peeps out of money by apparently selling all the chocolate tins at half price but expect they will still be that price in December  :shify: :shify: :shify:

I think the C word should not be used until the little red hat appears on Purrs,,,,,,,ummmmmmmmmmmmm I do hope Tan has worked out how she is gonna do it tthis year  :scared:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 21:26:51 PM »
sounds like fun.      Dug a few things out already  ;D
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 21:20:39 PM »
Nice one Gill :rofl:

I've got 5 Christmas presents wrapped and I've got 4 things ready for the AUCTION.

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 20:57:36 PM »
Anything that can be easily posted without too hefty a postage cost can be auctioned  ;D

Things dont have to bed cat related and if they are not then a nice few wordss relating them are always good  :rofl:

ie.......This box of goodies would be loved by my cats if the goodies were taken out  :innocent:

Seriously its loads of good fun and am sure inthe link that dancer retrieved there will be all the instructions ands stuff too.............they wont really change this year either LOL

Its really loads of fun and we have to keep the bidding going for 2 weeks, so the art is bid little and often until the final day and then at some point you will have to go for it and hope  :naughty: :naughty:

The auction ends precisely on the second according to the Purrs site clock, any bids after the closing time cannot be accepted  :shify: :shify:

All the money goes to the selected rescue and thats every penny, except paypal fees but the generous peeeps here often send in a bit more to cover them.

One important thing for all newbies is that postage and packing is paid by the donator and also by the winner, cos this is the only way we can make the auction work but it means there is a nice little lump to add onto the final total  ;D ;D

So pleassed to see that some of you are already prepared  ;D

We only do this once a year cos its our big fund raiser and takes two weeks of solid work every night from me and any little helpers and two weeks of work from all of you with your sneakie bids  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Any questions just ask  ;D

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 19:31:07 PM »
Here it is! This was last years auction for Sunny Harbour.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,102.0.html

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 19:28:34 PM »
What do you donate? What is auctioned?

I could hand in Sean I suppose.

People donate all kinds of things, although mostly cat related so it could be cat beds and toys etc, or cat ornaments or MUGS or stuff that isn't cat related at all but that you think other people would like. Then they all get listed and people will bid on your item, then you send the item off to the winner and the money goes into the pot to be donated to the chosen rescue  :)

I haven't found anything in the shops, but I have a few handmade things lying around that were going to go on a C-word craft stall but I'll pop them in the auction instead.

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 19:28:23 PM »
With any luck my cash back from Quidco for changing energy supplier will have come through by then and I can skim some off for auction fun, it wouldn't be an auction these days without me frantically bidding at the last minute on about 20 different things! :evillaugh:

I have some leftovers from last year that can go in again this year and maybe I shall see if my boss wants to donate anything, not sure that we will have anything particularly useful or wanted though.

Oh oh and maybe I can make a couple of cushion covers from some remnants too..................

I do love the auction and maybe this year I'll manage to win some choccies :shify:

Yay, I loved the auction last year!! Especially the last frantic minutes of bidding!  :rofl:

Somewhere round here, there will be last years auction, let me see if I can find it and link it for you, back in a tick ;)

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 18:35:37 PM »
Yay, I loved the auction last year!! Especially the last frantic minutes of bidding!  :rofl:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 16:59:41 PM »
What do you donate? What is auctioned?

I could hand in Sean I suppose.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 16:55:38 PM »
Well I need a lot of mugs since we now have 2 houses on the go - with OH living in Hull 9 days a fortnight - he didn't like anything that came with his flat so he robbed me mug cupboards :shocked:

Also there is something comforting about mugs - nice new ones with pictures and china ones and oh what the hell I like mugs, shoes and handbags - I am an addict :rofl:

I also love all the Clan cats to :Luv2: :rofl:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 16:51:15 PM »
Money in the bank and lots of power at my fingetips with new lappy and I will give you a run for your money on the mugs and all those other things the Clan doesn't need :sneaky: :evillaugh: :shocked: :rofl:

Liz just how many mugs do two people need! lol

You can never have too many mugs  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 16:46:20 PM »
Money in the bank and lots of power at my fingetips with new lappy and I will give you a run for your money on the mugs and all those other things the Clan doesn't need :sneaky: :evillaugh: :shocked: :rofl:

Liz just how many mugs do two people need! lol

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 14:03:21 PM »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 13:50:54 PM »
I've had stuff ready for the Auction since February!!!!!  ;)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 13:24:31 PM »
I was thinking about this too. Found something in Bristol that I was soooooooooooooooo tempted on picking up for the Auction, but thought nah. It would cause too much bickering  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I might go back and get it though  :naughty: :naughty:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 13:24:04 PM »
Ooh, I was thinking about this the other day, we'd all best be getting ready  ;) ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 13:12:09 PM »
YAY I was only just thinking about this earlier this morning x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Too early to mention the C word so will mention the A word instead
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 01:09:43 AM »
Some peeps especially newbies will wonder what on earth I am talking about, others will know  :rofl: :rofl:

The A word is infamous on Purrs and it stands for AUCTION  ;D

So start collecting stuff for the annual auction, if you havent been all year. The money will all go to one of our independent rescues and I do know who but not telling yet  :rofl: :rofl:

The AUCTION will commence late November and finish mid December so that all money can be at the rescue in time for the C word LOL

In the last two years we have made a massive £2000 each time so thats gotta be the target, its loads of fun and time for me to advertize  :innocent:

Get ready everyone please and of course save your dosh for two mad weeks of bidding  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat