Author Topic: Missing tabby/torty female. HOME, safe but definitely not well  (Read 6963 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Missing tabby/torty female. HOME, safe but definitely not well
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 13:12:48 PM »
Ahhh I'm so pleased so is back to normal.  I must admit I think it actually does them good to get a bit lost or shut in somewhere as it makes them stick closer to home and not go off wandering as much!   ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 08:44:23 AM »
she's much better thanks.  back to normal in fact cos she bit me yesterday.  that's what i've been waiting for  ;D.  it does seem to have shaken her up though.  usually she spends all day out, just on the garden fence outside the back door.  but she's only been out afaik to do her business.  she's spent the rest of the time in the kitchen.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 22:53:46 PM »
Hi ya hun ... how's Shénzy  doing?

Offline Miles

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yitzach and Walter
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 10:17:01 AM »
Glad to hear she's home and i hope she continues to improve.
Mum to two gorgeous cat's, Yitzach and Walter.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 22:19:59 PM »
tonight she has eaten a small amount of cat food, a small amount of tuna and had a big drink.  she's had enough f the wardrobe and is out on the landing and purring very quietly.  no wees or poos yet though.

i think she might have just been knackered and shook up after her adventure
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 17:53:26 PM »
Phew .... so pleased she has eaten and drunk.  :hug:

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 09:32:44 AM »
this morning she has eaten some tuna and had a drink of water.  just spoke to the vet and he suggested that i keep an eye on her over the weekend and take her in on monday if i feel i need to.  she seems exhausted so hopefully after a couple of days kept in she'll be feeling more like her grumpy old self.  she's taken herself off to the bottom of the wardrobe to sleep on my shoes.  i'm uch happier now that she's filled her belly and had a drink.  better dig out a spare litter tray for her now.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 07:13:16 AM »
Glad she's home and hope that she's feeling better today  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 23:50:45 PM »
offered her warm water but shes not interested, got about 2 mls into her with the syringe.  shes not so weak that she couldnt jump up next to the telly, i suppose thats good. 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 23:46:55 PM »
So pleased she is back home .... but sorry to hear she is poorly.  I would try offering her some warm water to drink before syringing her.  I know Foxy can be very fussy about drinking cold water and prefers her water to warm.  Also if she is feeling a bit off colour warm water might make her feel a bit better.

Hopefully after a good nights rest she will perk up.    :hug:

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 23:17:05 PM »
thanks Helen, i'll do that now.  i just hope i dont upset her.

Thanks so much again Sam.  isnt that just typical?  the posters will probably turn up tomorrow.  i'm very very grateful for them even though they wont be used (i'm more grateful for that though).

right, now to get some fluids in her

:thanks:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 23:12:37 PM »
Pleased she's home but sorry she seems unwell  :hug:

If there is no way of getting her to a vet tonight then I would definitely syringe her water, when Riley was poorly the vet said to try and syringe 5ml of water into him every hour.

Please let us know how she gets on  :hug:

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 22:31:06 PM »
she's home but she isnt well at all.  my eldest just went to get the last 3 stragglers in while i had a bath and came in and said Shénzy is on the shed roof.  he brought her in and she's lost a lot of weight, more than i'd expect even if she has been shut in somewhere since tuesday.  she's a bit wobbly, has a very dirty bum, wont eat and is dehydrated.  i can't take her to a vet until the morning, should i try getting some water in her with a syringe?  she wont eat anything, even turned her nose up at chicken soup (well she didnt turn her nose up, just completely ignored everything i put in front of her.  she came straight upstairs to find fat Andy, her foster mum.  she's had a wash from Andy and is now sitting listlessly on the window sill.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Missing tabby/torty female
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 15:05:39 PM »
yeh that's fine hun

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 14:41:07 PM »
Sam, that is incredibly kind of you  :thanks:

i'm using office 2007, is that ok?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »
Hun .... if you send me the word version of your poster I can print off a load for you and put them in the post today (should be with you tomorrow) (NO CHARGE ..... I can do em at work  ;) )

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »
things just aren't going right for me at the moment  :(.  spent hours yesterday searching for my windows disk.  ended up with piles of stuff everywhere and then found the disk in my bra drawer.  i'd checked there a few thousand times already.  then after fixing the pc i discovered that my printer software is damaged as is my microsoft office disk.  finally managed to get it up and running this morning with some free publishing software only to find that the printer is lying about how much ink i have.  oh well, its dole money day so off i trot to the cashpoint machine only to find i havent been paid.  had to use a tenner out of my last 30 quid to top up my phone to ring the job centre.  turns out that it's been delayed due to tax credits needing information.  wont get any money until tuesday.  so no posters until then.  i'm so frustrated, keep crying (even in the co-op just because the check out lady asked if i'd found my cat).  gonna range out a bit further with the door knocking today.

where are you Shénzy?  :'(

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 09:52:30 AM »
still no sign.  i am now in the process of ripping my room apart to find the windows disk.  got paper, got laminate pouches, got cable ties.  as soon as the pc is sorted it's a day of printing and distributing leaflets for me.

isnt it typical?  i recently helped find a friends sisters cat using my pendulum and now that i need it it's run away with my windows disk.  oh well, at least my room will be clean by the time i finish.

oh, and there will be something in the hoover worth putting out  ;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:53:22 AM by Bonkers Mad!!! »

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 19:23:43 PM »
she's quite distinctive

he actually described her to me better than i wouldve described her so i'm pretty sure it was her.  he has 6 indoor cats and although there are quite a few cats around here there are none like her.  havent heard back from him yet so i'm assuming shes not there now.  still, yesterday evening is better than yesterday morning imo.  having real problems with my printer so if i dont get it sorted by the morning then i'll have to borrow the neighbours.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 19:12:02 PM »
That's a positive sign then, she's quite distinctive (well, compared to cats round here anyway!) so fingers crossed it was her and she's stuck in a shed temporarily or something  :hug:

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 18:58:14 PM »
yep, seen the tips  :thanks:

just been door knocking again and the man 3 doors from me saw her in his garden yesterday evening.  that's better because i havent seen her since about 9.30am yesterday.  he's having another look now.  still, if she were that close she'd have to be ill or locked in somewhere to have not come home last night.  she's never done it in the whole 6 years shes been alive.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 17:26:43 PM »
Any news?  :hug: I wouldn't get overly worried about the poo thing, all cats have a runny bum from time to time with nothing sinister behind it  :hug:

Have you seen Sam's tips, I know you're probably doing most of it but just in case there's somthing you haven't thought of  :hug:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 13:41:07 PM »
i'm really worried now. monday night she had the runs and it was cream coloured. just looked it up and this is what i found

Possible diagnosis: The dark brown pigment in stools is provided by the bile duct, so weird-colored stools often indicate problems in the liver/pancreas/bile duct area. GET CAT TO VET ASAP.

i've searched the garden and got next door to check their shed (noticed while leaning over the fence that they are growing weed   ;) ). thing is if shes laying somewhere dying i don't know how i'm going to find her. all the gardens along here have at least a few foot that have been left to go wild. it seems more likely to me that something is wrong with her and shes close by simply because she never leaves the garden.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
done some door knocking but most people are at work.  gonna turn the house upside down now to try and find my windows disk so i can get some leaflets printed up.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
Missing tabby/torty female. HOME, safe but definitely not well
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »
Shénzy went out as usual yesterday morning and hasn't been seen since.  she usually doesnt move much from the side fence.  only goes out the front if she hears me coming and is usually the first one in at night on account of being a greedy butter.

i'm going to have to wait until my neighbour comes home from work this afternoon before i can print off some leaflets as both my desktops need reinstalling and i can't find my windows disk and for some reason i cant install my printer on my laptop.  so frustrating.  going to have to go door knocking in the meantime.

she's never stayed out all night  :(

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 22:23:41 PM by Bonkers Mad!!! »

Link to CatChat