Author Topic: New cat owner from Cheshire  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
Re: New cat owner from Cheshire
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 22:40:41 PM »
Great pics and video! Welcome to purrs!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 10:59:51 AM »
How cute  :Luv2: She obviously loves her Dad!  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 09:27:25 AM »
 :Luv: awww isn't she lovely, and she has a purrrfect purr  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 09:20:43 AM »
Hey all, just thought I'd check in, we were finally brave enough to let her out and our fears were unfounded, she knows exactly when she wants to go out, doesnt wander too far and comes in and out through the back door as she pleases. She's great.

She's such a personable cat and tells us exactly when she wants feeding and when she wants to go out, although we are trying to "teach" her that at night when its dark and its late, she doesnt go out, just an unfortunate side effect of us not having a cat flap.

This is my usual wake up call, her sitting on my chest lol Hopefully it'll play ok, if you whack the volume up you can hear how damn loud she purrs!

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/v/435015017716" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.facebook.com/v/435015017716</a>

:)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 22:35:04 PM »
Hiya  Paul, Mrs Paul & gorgeous Misty   :welcome:  ;D
A Warm welcome to Purrs In Our Hearts (Purrs) 

We look forward to getting to know you all  ;D and we love Pictures  :pic: :print: so the more the merrier  ;D

Have a look around and if there is anything you would like to ask or need help with, just let us know and we will gladly help.  :sneakin: :heeee heeee: ;)

Hope you enjoy Purrs  :grouphug:

Tan
Admin

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 20:00:46 PM »

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Misty is beautiful and you certainly sound smitten  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 16:16:07 PM »
 :welcome: Paul and Misty  ;D

Misty is beautiful  :Luv2: I'm not surprised she captured your heart.  She's certainly got her paws well and truly under your table  :evillaugh: and looks so chilled out.

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 15:38:29 PM »
Torties are just  :Luv: :Luv:

Welcome to the mad cat house  :welcome:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »
Hi Paul, wlcome to purrs. My Alice is also VERY vocal  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34:34 AM »
So another Nortie Tortie for the Boards Nortie Tortie crew - welcome - I would distract at tnight and only let her out throught he day as long ashe can get back in

We have 1 Calico tortie Amber and 3 Brindle Torties - Xian, Beijing and Gypsy here at the Clan and all 4 are vocal ladies

Welcom to the board and we never tire of hearing cat stuff - I just add ours several at a time due to the numbers - we have an awful lot of ferals plus some domestics and a rescue ragdoll and they have their own pets our 2 Border collies Sky and Sunny :shocked: ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 10:00:38 AM »
she is stunning (I've a soft spot for a torti myself!) and looks very at home I was the same as you, my big brother had always told me when I was growing up cats were sly and not loyal and I believed him then I met my oh a life long cat lover and he changed my mind I now realise my brother has just never had dealings with cats (and also found out he is a bit scared of them lol!)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:48:52 AM »

Hi Paul

A big Purrs Welcome to you, Mrs Paul and Misty.   :welcome:

She certainly looks as if she's made herself well and truly at home!  ;D  She's a beauty too. 

Hmmm.  yes, a few of us have been where you're standing now, Paul (not in Cheshire, I mean re cat slavedom/ownership).  We had our notions well and truly disabused and became smitten in much the same way as you and Mrs Paul.  Cats have that knack, you see.  ;)

You can't unfortunately fit a cat flap in a UPVC door unless its done at the time of manufacture, as it weakens the door.    You can however fit them in glass, and I've seen them successfully fitted to brickwork too if you had a suitable space near your front or back door.   A lot depends on layout.  A friend of ours has a cat who is happy to come and go via the bathroom window which is normally left open for her, although from a security point of view I don't think it's an ideal solution....  :shify:

Anyway - welcome to the forum, have a wander about and see what's what.  Look forward to hearing more about Misty's exploits soon.   :)

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
New cat owner from Cheshire
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:25 AM »
Hi all, new cat owner here just thought I'd say hi, tell you a bit about me, and my/our cat and share a couple of pics (I am a nightmare for taking pics!).

My wife and I used to have a springer spaniel and never really had any intention of having a cat. My experience (while limited) was of very cold creatures who didnt really want much attention, which I think is why I have always been a "dog person". However a few months ago we were asked by my wifes daughter to look after her 2 cats, a 10yo maine coon and a young black and white. We had them for nearly 6 weeks and if I'm honest fell in love with them, it certainly changed both our minds about cats. This was more than evident when the black and white got out of our upstairs window and jumped.....ran off completely unscathed and came back the following day, which was impressive as he'd only been in the house for 10 minutes! Anyway, a friend of hers had to get rid of her 4yo (we think) cat as she has allergies to the cat hair and her household with young children and an abusive husband meant the cat was pretty much left to its own devices and probably not fed very often either. I'm certain it lacked attention. So we said we'd have her and see how it went. Well I have once again fell in love, with Misty the cat :

She has however taken a liking to coming up in the middle of the night and making herself comfortable between us in bed lol :

However annoying this is we love her and are so glad we got her. Just need to get her microchipped and confirm she is definately up to date on her jabs. Also need to work out a way of allowing her to go out as we have a UPVC back and front door and I havent a clue how much a catflap would cost for one. We were told shes a house cat but EVERY night about 9pm she goes and sits in front of the back door and stares at us meowing but obviously we dont want to let her out in case she doesnt come back.

I have to say she is probably the most vocal cat I have ever met and her pur, well to say its loud is an understatement!

Thanks for listening to my waffle :)

Paul.

Link to CatChat