Author Topic: Cant believe people! Evil lady caught on cctv putting cat in wheelie bin  (Read 34321 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Cant believe people! Evil lady caught on cctv putting cat in wheelie bin
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »
The first cat we adopted (20 yrs ago now) had been found in a dustbin bag with her siblings :(

Tiggy and her brother Benji were dumped in a skip aged just a few weeks old. I'll always thank the heartless  :censored: who did that as they were the best cats a child could have wished for  :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2010, 07:41:03 AM »
The first cat we adopted (20 yrs ago now) had been found in a dustbin bag with her siblings :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2010, 18:26:46 PM »
while I do agree it was cruel and if it was one of mine I would have punched her (not that mine would go missing for that long without notice) I do think it sad that because it is on film there is all this publicity, we all know that cruelty goes on daily and shooting and torturing of animals are not rare, people on this forum have taken cats from circumstances beyond vile such as whole groups living in cupboards and poor Willow and Oliver still haunt me

I will say again I agree it was very wrong but maybe the publicity is misdirected

I'm not trying to cause trouble but needed to say it

I am totally with Dawn on this one, though in truth I would have put things more strongly, I have rescued cats that have been placed in bins as trash, I have seen kittens crushed as a result and nursed wounded litter mates back to health. I am not the only rescue that deals which such atrocities, I note RSPCA quickly got a fund up and running pity they weren`t as quick to show pictures of cats who were placed in bins by callous owners, a complete waste of an oportunity to educate so they can rake in the money. As for said cats owners they would fail one of my home checks.
This whole story infuriates me and BORES me.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2010, 17:58:14 PM »
I think the thing with this is that it WAS caught on CCTV so she can be dealt with, how many acts of unthinklable cruelty go unreported or unchallenged because there is 'no evidence'. In this case the mindless act was captured on CCTV so there is proof beyond doubt.

I think the death threat business is ridiculous though and cheapens the cause.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2010, 17:53:41 PM »
while I do agree it was cruel and if it was one of mine I would have punched her (not that mine would go missing for that long without notice) I do think it sad that because it is on film there is all this publicity, we all know that cruelty goes on daily and shooting and torturing of animals are not rare, people on this forum have taken cats from circumstances beyond vile such as whole groups living in cupboards and poor Willow and Oliver still haunt me

I will say again I agree it was very wrong but maybe the publicity is misdirected

I'm not trying to cause trouble but needed to say it

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2010, 17:36:15 PM »
Also think the title of this thread need changing -come on -she ain''t no lady !
Scumbag is more appropiate ! :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2010, 16:17:06 PM »
 :-: horrid horrid story...i was absolutely dumbstruck!!! and then bloomin angry!!!! >:(...I am glad that it all turned out well for the tabby girl......

why? why are there so many wierdos in the world? :-[
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
  • Slave to: Phoebe, Boomer, Dillon, Aiden & Billy!
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2010, 12:48:29 PM »

I am surprised they haven't taken her in for a mental health assessment.

I totally agree!
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »
THREE copies of The Sun to line her tray with.  :naughty:

So it does have a use  ;D

The FB thing is a bit ridiculous though. Apparently it wasn't a criminal offence  :-: - Surely if cats are regarded as property, someone disposing of your property is as good as theft?

I am fed up with reading things like "why are people making such a big thing out of a cat in a bin when our boys are dying in Afghanistan" etc. - as well as the "they kill birds and poo in my garden" -  :censored: morons  :tired:

I think she should be arrested or sectioned. I am surprised they haven't taken her in for a mental health assessment.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:46:46 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2010, 11:28:01 AM »
Yesterday morning their fb group was about 9,000 people. Yesterday evening it was 14,000 and I just checked now and it's up to almost 30,000  :Crazy: :Crazy:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2010, 11:12:20 AM »

As for *that woman*... bring it on! Job loss and all! She's needs to get it back 10-fold. How can anyone with a heart think it's 'funny' to drop a friendly, purring live cat into a dustbin and shut the lid on it?  >:( The conclusion is that she doesn't have a heart, does she?  >:(

If she seemed remorseful I'd feel a bit sorry for her (and I mean only a tiny tiny amount!). Had she said "I don't know what came over me and I know it's a cruel thing to do and I regret it", I think a lot of people would feel a little less hateful towards her. But to say she doesn't know what all the fuss is about and that it's "only a cat". Not doing herself any favours is she?  >:(

www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »
I don't read newspapers at all, haven't for over 20 years in fact.  :evillaugh: I do read a few articles online though.  ;)

Just read this Sun linky, Mark. Excellent pictures... boy is little Lola creaming in the gooodies as a bit of informal compensation!  :wow: She even has THREE copies of The Sun to line her tray with.  :naughty:

As for *that woman*... bring it on! Job loss and all! She's needs to get it back 10-fold. How can anyone with a heart think it's 'funny' to drop a friendly, purring live cat into a dustbin and shut the lid on it?  >:( The conclusion is that she doesn't have a heart, does she?  >:(

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2010, 10:57:14 AM »
I think a serious warning is needed for all Purrs Kitties. I think they should all know that placing themselves in wheelie bins and saying a humanz did it will not give them world wide attention and a tantalising array of goodies  :evillaugh:

On a serious note, I can't believe she has come out and said what she has. If she hadn't said anything, she might have been ok. Now she's just gone and opened up a can of worms and made it 100% worse for herself  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »

and I'm surprised at you Mark reading this c%&p :evillaugh:

I just googled for an update and that was the first that came up - I don't rely on The Sun for cutting edge news  :evillaugh:

I remember years ago when my mum announced that my dad wasn't happy as she had banned The Sun 'newspaper' from the house. I asked which paper they were having in its place - she said "The Daily Mail"  :-:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:57:24 AM by Mark »

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »
I like the th way The Sun includes the important information "Tracked to her shabby terraced house"  :evillaugh:

if the chavs took the trouble to be offended by this rag, it wouldn't have a readership at all.

and I'm surprised at you Mark reading this c%&p :evillaugh:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2010, 09:47:30 AM »
I like the th way The Sun includes the important information "Tracked to her shabby terraced house"  :evillaugh:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2010, 09:22:06 AM »
that's the third variation on how they found her I've read.

picture of the pampered puss is nice :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2010, 07:40:28 AM »
Apparently, she doesn't understand what all the fuss is about 'It's just a cat'  >:( - she is worried about the effect on her father who is on hospital - well she should realise that we are responsible for our actions  :tired:

She may lose her job - I hope she is denied benefits if she does http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3110434/Its-just-a-cat-I-put-Lola-in-bin-for-joke-whats-all-the-fuss-says-Mary.html

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2010, 07:36:57 AM »
Named and shamed:

XXXXXX

The facebook page is still there at the moment

http://www.facebook.com/catinbin

Well it has just been on GMTV - same name

Sorry Yvonne we can not have these details posted on Purrs for legal reasons...............if the facebook link contains the same that is their problem but there has already been one name put on Purrs that was incorrect which came from FB. I believe that it would be so inappropriate if the wrong person was named and shamed.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2010, 00:15:50 AM »
Please Purrs peeps do not put the name of the woman on here for legal reasons.

I know the links name her but we do not need to be caught up by any flack from this..............I am sure there is going to be loads as it has gone natioinal. The links are from other sites that can look after themselves.

I am sure we all are appalled by what has happened but the RSPCA hopefully will do their job!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2010, 21:32:24 PM »
It's says on Yahoo that she is being offered police protection due to the level of violence threatened against her:  http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100824/tuk-woman-who-put-cat-in-bin-identified-45dbed5.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2010, 20:34:34 PM »
Can an FB memeber tell Lisa Tinsley that is because she is a scummy chav!  >:(
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 20:35:05 PM by Mark »

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2010, 19:48:44 PM »
People who are ill just do the act, they don't scan the horizon to see if the coast is clear before doing it. They are not that self aware.

To be honest I really thought it was a wind up when I first saw it. I could not comprehend a mature person would do such a wicked thing. Now it's been proved it wasn't a wind up, all I can think is that this woman had some kind of grudge against cats in general or maybe even she thought it was a different cat that had been peeing on her roses.   :innocent:

I do not buy the mother's statement at all... I mean, what else is she going to say given the circumstances?  :rofl:

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2010, 19:34:44 PM »
From the Sun newspaper:

"She absolutely adores cats, she's an animal lover, it just doesn't make sense." Says her Mother....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3109791/Cruel-cat-woman-named-and-shamed.html

I wonder if this xxxx is suffering with some mental illness? Something like the one where women harm their children for attention...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 00:12:14 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline), Reason: name removed for legal reasons »
www.catrescue.uk

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2010, 18:39:17 PM »
Hope she gets the sack as well  :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2010, 18:32:36 PM »
Named and shamed:

XXXXXX

The facebook page is still there at the moment

http://www.facebook.com/catinbin

Sorry Yvonne we can not have these details posted on Purrs for legal reasons...............if the facebook link contains the same that is their problem but there has already been one name put on Purrs that was incorrect which came from FB. I believe that it would be so inappropriate if the wrong person was named and shamed.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 00:06:22 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline), Reason: as stated above »
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2010, 18:17:33 PM »
The facebook group has been removed now I see. I know the woman has been caught but do you think Facebook have taken the decison to remove it or do you think the police have asked them to remove it?
www.catrescue.uk

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 18:12:40 PM »
http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/np/coventry/news/newsitem.asp?id=949

"Media speculation that the woman is being given police protection is categorically NOT the case.

Community Support Officers are outside the woman's address monitoring a large group of people - most of them from the media - for public order purposes as per routine police procedure."

so even the police dont want to be associated with her.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 17:49:30 PM »
Here's my pennies worth...

You don't have to be a qualified psychologist to derive the fact that sadly this women is clearly suffering some form of psychiatric disorder. She should be taken into a secure mental home where she can be diagnosed and treated propperly.

If I am wrong then she should be incarcerated for being a cold, wicked and evil person.

Question 1. If the cat had been a 3 year old child would she have been charged for any crime?

Question 2. If the bin were emptied into a rubbish truck and the child was subsequently crushed and killed, would she be charged for manslaughter?

Regards,
Andy

Well, my opinion on that is -no she is not menatally ill -but a sly conniving evil :censored: :censored: who clearly knew what she was doing by even looking around to see if anyone was watching her .
In relation to the other questions -Yes, there would be an outcry if it was a child and she would be charged and held in custody and jailed -which as far as i am concerned -my cats are more important to me than anybody -that includes family and i have no children anyway and in all honesty not much patience with most that i know  which fortuantely for me is very few-but i consider he fact that a cats life is as important as a humans -more so in many cases !

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 17:29:25 PM »
I haven't read the whole thread but considering what happened to two purrs cats not that long ago without anyone being punished I would doubt anything would happen

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 17:25:49 PM »
Here's my pennies worth...

You don't have to be a qualified psychologist to derive the fact that sadly this women is clearly suffering some form of psychiatric disorder. She should be taken into a secure mental home where she can be diagnosed and treated propperly.

If I am wrong then she should be incarcerated for being a cold, wicked and evil person.

Question 1. If the cat had been a 3 year old child would she have been charged for any crime?

Question 2. If the bin were emptied into a rubbish truck and the child was subsequently crushed and killed, would she be charged for manslaughter?

Regards,
Andy

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 17:10:31 PM by Den, Reason: Forgot the linky! »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 16:58:26 PM »
Okay, so it may be mob rule but justice isn't going to be served any other way. I don't wish any physical harm to this woman... but I do wish her many sleepless night of contemplation on what she has done.  :innocent:

Spot on, any 'punishment' given if she is prosecuted would be pathetic and I'm more than happy that she is probably  :censored: herself about everyone knowing what an evil person she is  :naughty:

What's worse - a few hours community service and a small fine (if that!) or being caught in the act and publicly 'shamed' on the headlines of every news channel in the UK and in many other countries round the world along with being in every national newspaper. Priceless!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 16:02:33 PM »
Went to look at that link and wish I hadn't due to the stupid and hateful posts on it. Some of the scum we share this planet with are not worth spending the time on.  :tired:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 15:33:10 PM »
The Facebook wall is quite interesting:

http://www.facebook.com/catinbin?v=wall&ref=ts#!/catinbin?v=wall&ref=ts

I was just looking through that. There are some *highly* disturbing images being posted. One in particular is ... well words cannot really describe it.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 14:29:39 PM »
"Coventry Police have not arrested the woman because she has not committed a criminal offence."

Is this right??
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 13:46:40 PM »
Has there been an update - how do we know that the RSPCA have decided not to prosecute?

Why is she getting Police protection?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Link to CatChat