Author Topic: Shiggy, seven year old ragdoll looking for a new home....(Now in rescue)  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Shiggy, seven year old ragdoll looking for a new home....(Now in rescue)
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 19:37:37 PM »
I saw you were going to Poddington :) I haven't been to Santa Pod for years, used to go quite a lot when I was a kid :D

Yep we went to look at a house we do go to Santa Pod Raceway a fair bit though as hubby's into drag racing

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 19:38:07 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 19:18:24 PM »
I saw you were going to Poddington :) I haven't been to Santa Pod for years, used to go quite a lot when I was a kid :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 19:10:02 PM »
Jane - were you at Santa Pod?

Not this weekend but we do go  :)

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 18:54:07 PM »
Jane - were you at Santa Pod?
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 18:53:16 PM »
Rushden is just up the road from me! The lady who runs the rescue has a niece who works at my vets (and we used to go to the same school-small world)!

I have friend at works who's mum is looking for a persian or other posh long haired cat. She used to have a persian which she adopted when it was quite old. I will mention Shiggy :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 18:46:50 PM »
He is 'cos I delivered him  :)  and he may have a home soon  ;D  (meant to check if he was posted here)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Shiggy, seven year old ragdoll looking for a new home....
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 18:40:55 PM »
Now with Rushden Persian Rescue. (I think that's right!)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 21:36:17 PM »
He is. Just not a fan of sharing his space, that's all.

Offline jennyk

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 14:11:22 PM »
He is stunning!
Jenny K

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Shiggy, seven year old ragdoll looking for a new home....(Now in rescue)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 22:06:40 PM »
Have been asked to see if anyone is willing to offer this boy a home. He is currently sharing his home with two other cats (both spayed females) and his current owners took him on from somewhere else where he had a spraying issue as it was felt this behaviour might alter when he went to them; it hasn't and they're starting to feel it's because Shiggy really wants to be an only cat....here's his info:

Shiggy likes lots of cuddles and fuss but he will let you know when he wants some time alone and he will go and curl up somewhere quiet as he does like his own company too.
He likes to give lots of kisses and licks.
He is a bit skittish sometimes and doesn't like surprises (loud noises etc)
He likes having his tummy tickled and will play with your hand whilst doing so.
His favourite toy is a little cat nip mouse that he will carry around in his mouth, bat around and go crazy for! Its like he is playing football, he leaps about and 'kicks' it.
He likes a scratch post, preferably one with a bed on top but nothing too high because he won't jump up.
He likes having his nose stroked.
He has never been outside and due to his age and naivety I think its important he is kept strictly indoors (unless on a cat lead). Ill advised to leave windows too wide open or doors open as he is curious but it'd most likely end in disaster.
Shiggy is enormous and his size is something to take into consideration. He won't use a hooded litter tray as they are usually too cramped for him. He also doesn't jump up very much or high.
He is very well behaved actually. He isn't interested in tit-bits and won't jump up on surfaces.
He is a fussy eater and when we got him we were told he would only eat Roast Chicken Iams. We tried to wean him off this but to no avail. He really will only eat Roast Chicken Iams biscuits. He will reluctantly eat Go Cat Chicken for indoor cats if you mix it with the Iams but he really is a very fussy eater. He doesn't seem at all interested in wet food, although we have tried giving it him. He will ignore it.
He requires grooming twice a week really, just a quick brush to keep him looking nice and get rid of dead fur but he is very clean and is always preaning himself.
He miaows rarely but generally when he wants some more food (or Iams if there is only Go Cat left in the bowls) or if he wants a cuddle. He makes a weird wookie sound too sometimes.

We think Shiggy would be best going to a home with no other pets, particularly no other cats. I don't think he would be suitable for a family with young children but would be better suited to a person or couple or a family with older children, where he isn't on his own for too long and would get a lot of fuss.

As mentioned, Shiggy can be skittish. When we first got him it was a case of 'Find Shiggy' every morning as he would hide in little nooks and crannys(in the back of the cat carrier, behind the toilet, under the sofa, behind the washer) and he would turn his head to avoid making eye contact with us. If new people come to the house he tends to avoid them and curl up in the kitchen but is never aggressive. He is just getting old and is becoming a grumpy old man.

Clearly, I don't think seven is old..... ;) But I can see that these people have paid a lot of attention to this chaps needs and tried to help him with his behaviour. Please PM me if you can help Shiggy find his new home.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 18:45:44 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat