Author Topic: cat missing in wokingham - Home safe  (Read 5423 times)

Offline berkshiregirl01

• Kitten
  • Slave to: tyler tubs bruno timmy tilly gingernut sam
Re: cat missing in wokingham
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »
He came back for a short period this morning was sat in the garden with one of my other cat's untill he chased him off. At least i know he is coming back. my sister spoke to his previous owner and she said he wasn't really a indoor cat

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 11:05:08 AM »
he'll stick around as long he is being fed by you, though you might need to feed him outside for a while until he feels safe to stick around with your other cats  - and if you can make him a cosy bed in the shed and give him access to it he will be fine

you could try shutting them away for a bit in the evening and putting food out just for him in the kitchen (I am assuming the cat flap is in the back door from kitchen) and leaving the door open

it looks as if he wants to come and go like the others, so the aim is to get them used to having him around - if he eats indoors and then leaves again they will start to get used to  his scent

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline berkshiregirl01

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 10:22:02 AM »
this cat is being a naught little boy we had him shut in my sister's room last night with litter tray and food, but this morning she got up to go to the toilet and he went out again! couldn't shut door to cat flap as other cat's have to use it. i'm hoping he will come home when he is hungary, at least i know he is staying in the area

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 10:14:54 AM »
this is great news

and shows too that although you thought he was unhappy in his new home, he was attached enough to hang around it outside  :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline berkshiregirl01

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 01:42:45 AM »
just thought i would let everyone the great news Gizzy is home!! my other cat's were in the top of my garden, and were startled by something i went up there but couldn't see anything but could hear his bell called himbut had no luck. So got my sister to go out there she took her big torch with her and saw him at bottom of garden, but soon as she saw him he ran over the fence. We left it as we didn't want to scare him off. But then later on this evening when the weather started to turn bad he came in through the cat flap, but then one of my other cat's chased him out into the garden. Luckly he went into the shed. Sister went back out there again as she is his favourite. she had to wrestle with him to get him has the scratches and cuts to proove it! tucked into a bowl of food no problem. Now all window's and door's are just. Job's for tomorrow is contacting all rescues to tell them the good new's. i realise how lucky i am not everyone is so fortunate

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 20:26:51 PM »
Hi Alicia,

Do follow the lost advice in this section, he is a beautiful cat and I hope that you find him very soon  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline berkshiregirl01

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 11:46:26 AM »
ok so at least he might still be in the area. it is just so upsetting

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 00:08:38 AM »
Tosker escaped from my supposedly cat proof enclosure during  his first night with me, because he was so afraid, and it was pointless looking for him as there was no way he would have allowed himself to be caught

but the second night I saw him at the far end of the garden, so I put food down there for him

and he came back for food every night, and I found out after a couple of weeks that he had taken up residence in my neighbour's garage

Gizzy might well be quite close still too, as nervous cats want to hide rather than wander off - so I would suggest you set up a feeding station outside where you can spot him from a distance if he comes to it

if he does then at least his immediate needs will be met, and you can move on to the next stage

my Tosker took 3 months to get into the  house, and a year later is the most cuddly loving cat I have ever had
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline berkshiregirl01

• Kitten
cat missing in wokingham - Home safe
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 22:55:00 PM »
Hi i'm new on here we recently took on a two year old cat, but i don't think he got much attention was ever so nervous and scared just hid under the bed or behind the sofa. i feel ever so guilty after five day's he managed to escape. I feel silly crying over him. Just go over in my mind if only i had done this. we have tried calling him with a bag of food but no luck. i'm just worried he will try and make his way back to basingstoke i have contacted all the local recsue's. will try looking further a field. His name was gizzy and is all black wearing a silver sparkly collar with blue pattern on it with a bell on it

Alicia Cowley
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 16:46:56 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat