Author Topic: What would you do? My little visitor - I need your help!  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: What would you do? My little visitor - I need your help!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 19:20:50 PM »
I can see your point Purrdy but I always see her, she is always out and about, even in the pouring rain in the middle of the night.

I am also making efforts to find out where she lives and speak to her owners so I can tell them my concerns and out right the situation. I certainly don't want to be "stealing" someone else's cat. She lets herself in through the cat flap and quite a few times I haven't even realised she's in until I fins her snoozing somewhere.

As for the collar, she growls and swear whenever you touch it, she clearly isn't happy with it but while its attached to her there's not much she can do about it. It's honestly enormous, she's only about 7 months old and wearing a dog collar with a massive buckle, absolutely no give with it being leather and a loop for a lead!

I just want to speak to her owners now and see what the situation is and maybe offer a bit of guidance (although it may go down like the Titanic :innocent:). I'm only trying to do what's best for the little one.

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 19:14:31 PM »
I can remember  my adorable little boy Huxley...little ginger Tom.....some woman from across the street a few streets down decided to continue to make a fuss of him and feed him despite our pleas and efforts to stop it.....He got run over one day on his way to her house.....broke our hearts :'(

i wouldnt encourage anyone eless cat in...I know that seems hard when they are so freindly...and loveable..... She doesnt look too distressed in teh photos...but i would prefer to see a safety collar on her.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 19:03:58 PM »
She's still not gone, she's moved to the comfy chair now and is sound asleep :Luv2:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 18:54:01 PM »
Well, done - she obviously prefers you to her real owners tho! ;)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 17:33:25 PM »
I did it! ;D I had tried to loop it round the lead attachment thingy first time and secure it with tape but that didn't work. This time I've just wrapped it round the collar itself and secured with tape. She swore profusely but I rewarded her with a couple of Dreamies and she's now lying on my dining table :innocent:

She's literally been in and out all day so I don't even know if she's been home today :( I've just written that she visits me and could they pop round to see me. I'm a little nervous of the response I'll get but I have to do something, the collar is making me angrier and angrier. As you say Gill, I jus think she doesn't like them and this one she especially dislikes and who wouldn't!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 17:15:41 PM »
Maybe she doesnt like people touching her collar cos its forceable put on and she doesnt like collars.

She obviously has a home and she is either locked out of it most of time or hates it and is looking for another.

Cant think how you can attach something to collar that will stay on and be seen........sorry

Somehow her neighbours need contacting.........I left posters on lampposts for two that used to try and move in in London, both owners contacted me, one had to colect his cat from Battersea Dogs home for not the first time and the other I am sure used to let him out at night and he crossed a road every night to come to me down an alley, right until I move3d here..............I loved him so much  :(

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: What would you do? My little visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 14:01:21 PM »
Well, after her letting herself in via the cat flap twice this morning, the second time spending four hours snoozing on my sofa, I decided to to do the note.

I tried to attach it to her collar but failed miserably and really hacked her off :evillaugh:

I think she's being left out all night as I've seen her at 2 and 3 in the morning and the first time she came in today was very early doors.

So I need tips on attaching this blooming note so I can try and ahve a word with her owners, the collar looked very uncomfortable for the little one to sleep with, it's so chunky around her neck :( Help!

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 19:22:50 PM »
I may try the note thing but she's a contrary creature and when I tried to look at the collar she swore at me :evillaugh: Not out of pain, she's done it before when she's not interested in being touched :evillaugh:

I know what you're saying Mark but it's not like she can be stopped. Chilli is the exact same, she loves people and is very very nosey, she is always wandering in open doors, apparently she visits loads of my neighbours round here :innocent: Luckily most of them don't mind at all and those that don't just shoo her away, not that she's very good at taking the hint.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 19:18:50 PM »
Poor baby  :( - she's gorgeous  :Luv2:

I hate any kind of collars on cats but that looks so uncomfortable - I hate to think what would happen if it were caught on a branch or something  :scared: - I know cats are wanderers but just her going into strange houses isn't a good idea - not everyone is like you/us  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 19:03:16 PM »
It looks like it's a hound collar and depending on the quality of the leather they can be very expensive. Whilst it's tempting to 'lose' it, it might not be the right thing to do  :scared:

I would see if you can find out where she lives, maybe attach a little note on her collar asking. Then talk to the owner and tell them it's not appropriate and potentially dangerous for her.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 18:58:08 PM »
She's a beauty Shona, she obviously likes the hospitatlity at yours  :evillaugh:

If she is always losing her collar, maybe that one could get 'lost' to................ :sneaky: :sneaky:

Yes, would be a shame if she managed to lose this one too :sneaky:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 18:55:49 PM »
The buckle on that thing looks dangerous!! I would take it off  :evillaugh:I mean it hasn't got her name on or anything, it looks like it would jar into her neck!!!

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 18:54:36 PM »
Bless her! it sounds like the owners have bought her a distinctive collar in case she goes missing! What a nightmare she is!!

Still make the most of her, she seems to have chosen you! Why do things like this NEVER happen to me!!! 

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 18:54:32 PM »
She is gorgeous!  :Luv:
See what you mean about the collar, clearly is not a safety one so she could come to serious harm wearing it!  If she is always losing her collar, maybe that one could get 'lost' to................ :sneaky: :sneaky:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
What would you do? My little visitor - I need your help!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 18:39:26 PM »
This is getting to be a little bit of a habit but it's been very warm so came home from work, opened the front door checked my emails in the bedroom. Wandered into the lounge and who did I find? The little black and white girl, this time snoozing on the comfy chair :Luv2: Thing is, she now has this horrible, thick, heavy, leather DOG collar on, complete with loop for a lead. She's had a variety of collars, I think she loses them and this is obviously an attempt to get her to keep it on but it really worries me :( I don't know where she lives and I don't want to go sticking my nose in where it's not wanted but I really dread to think what might happen if she is left with that collar :(

Some piccies of the little cutie tonight

A good look at the collar, the bit you can see is its narrowest point, it gets thicker at the back :(
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 14:01:50 PM by 925dancer »

Link to CatChat