Author Topic: Hi KookyPoss Welcome to Purrs  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Hi KookyPoss Welcome to Purrs
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »
Thanks Mark  :thanks:

Sorry for your loss. CRF is a cruel illness  :hug:

It's lovely what you've done with the memory box and pressed flower. We have compiled a list of all Possum's kooky behaviours and our nicknames for her. We shall continue to add to it but will make a point of reading it on her anniversary (and probably lots in between also!!)

I'm a mature student also, I failed an exam and should be revising at the moment but with losing Possum, its the last thing I wanna do. Can't see my lecturer understanding either!  >:(

Long live the memories of our precious furbabies  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 20:46:16 PM »
Hi Kookypos.

Welcome to Purrs - I know how you feel about Possum. We lost our black amber-eyed girl, Willow to CRF on 2nd Jan. It was such a dark time and although we do get upset sometimes, we can think of her and laugh at some of her antics now. We only have a few short videoclips and plenty of photos to remember her by as well.

I know what you mean about some people's attitude. I am a mature student and one of my smug lecturers gave a list of 'not good reasons' for work being handed in late. One of them was 'my cat died'  >:( - she thought she was hilarious  >:(

We have a china box we keep her favourite mouse, piece of string etc in  :Luv2: we also planted a Camellia. I have pressed the forst flower and it will also go in the box. I don't care what people think or say  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »
Thank you!  :thanks:

That means a lot. My boyfriend and I have lots of happy memories, photo's and video footage to keep her spirit alive.  :'( :Luv:

At least I've now got a place to come and talk about her without being made to feel that I'm over-reacting. I find it hard to believe people's attitudes when they say "why you so upset? It's only a cat"  >:(

Possum was my child in animal form.

Chat soon xx :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 07:22:36 AM »
So sorry to hear about your gorgeous girl  :hug:

Glad that you've joined us Kookyposs  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 21:14:57 PM »
Sorry to welcome you to Purrs under such sad circumstances  :hug:

Possom was beautiful, it's a huge cliche I know but the loss will get easier in time  :hug:

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 18:19:29 PM »
Hiya

I'm currently in mourning. Lost my beloved furbaby Possum on 3rd Aug 2010. She was 16yrs old and was suffering with chronic renal failure. She is at peace now on the rainbow bridge, with her mum Fruitbat and brother Nero. Miss her and her kooky ways more than words can express. My life has a huge possum shaped hole in it. RIP Possum xx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Hi KookyPoss Welcome to Purrs
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 22:23:30 PM »
Hiya  KookyPoss :welcome:
A Warm welcome to Purrs In Our Hearts (Purrs)  

We look forward to getting to know you and your cat/s  ;D and we love Pictures  :pic: :print: so the more the merrier  ;D

Have a look around and if there is anything you would like to ask or need help with, just let us know and we will gladly help.  :sneakin: :heeee heeee: ;)

Hope you enjoy Purrs  :grouphug:

Tan
Admin

Link to CatChat