Author Topic: missing cat Pontefract - Home Safe  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: missing cat Pontefract - Home Safe
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 13:17:29 PM »
Poor girl! so glad that she's home and safe with you now  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline mollypy

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 13:13:20 PM »
I have never let her out at night, I always keep my 2 cats in after tea. This night she must have sneeked out  :sneaky: when my husband went into the garden with our german shepherd, Erik, he came to bed believing she was in. We are extra careful now, we double check they are in before locking up for the night, but as you say its maybe a good thing she is afraid to go out in the dark. :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 13:05:47 PM »
OMG the poor baby ... I didn't realise her injuries were so serious.  Sounds like she is a very lucky girl.  I'm sure with time and lots of TLC she will get over the trauma ... on the other hand it might not be such a bad thing that she doesn't go out at night anymore.

Give her a big cuddle from me and fingers crossed she will be fully fit again very soon  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline mollypy

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 06:07:43 AM »
I cant tell everyone how lucky I feel, she is doing fine now, but was in a sorry state when she came home. She just turned up in the garden at 6.30am. The vet said he thought a fox may have had her she has a swollen infected cheek that looked like a bite, a dislocated jaw and had lost over 1 kilo, and he believed she lay in undergrowth for almost 3 weeks unable to get home. After 2nd vist 4 days later they found huge hole in her mouth and checked her blood, they said at some point she had lost lots of blood and her red blood count was very low. On her 3rd visit this monday they said she is doing fine, shes put half a kilo on.  She doesnt go out much now, she looks out of the door when it is dark in the morning and runs to her chair, she does go out when it is light but only for half hour or so. She seems afraid of the dark so I think whatever happened did so when dark. We will probly never know what happened but I am so thankful she must have had a Guardian Angel watching over her. Thankyou so much for everyones support, people like you kept me going and gave me hope THANKYOU :thanks:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: missing cat Pontefract
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 20:21:12 PM »
Excellent news xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »
So pleased to hear that Suzy is home, you must be over the moon.  Hope the vet visit goes well.. :Luv2: :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline mollypy

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 08:05:32 AM »
Suzycame home at 6.40am this morning she is very skinny and has an injury to her cheek. I rang the emergency vet who said to take her at 8.30 when they open. She has eaten loads.
I am so happy, thankyou for everyone who listened and cared

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Lesley

Offline mollypy

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 17:16:54 PM »
Thankyou for your concern, I have registered her on some websites but I will check your list, I realy need to find her we are so upset we realy love her

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 16:31:45 PM »
Hi Mollypy,

So sorry you've lost Suzy, I hope that you find her very soon  :hug:

(just read your other post)

Have you also checked the sites/websites etc on the list?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 16:33:01 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline mollypy

• Kitten
missing cat Pontefract - Home Safe
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 16:10:58 PM »
Suzy is a female black and white cat about 7 years old.  She lives with us at Knottingley road Pontefract but went missing 24th July 2010
Please could everyone keep an eye out for her she has never strayed before. I have done everything, put up posters all over Pontefract, put an advert in the paper, checked with refuse dept and railways  to ask if they found her injured but nothing. She is micrro- chipped    :thanks:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 20:21:51 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat