Author Topic: Catit Design Cabrio carrier- any good??  (Read 4810 times)

Offline Philip

• Distinguished Cat
    • United Kingdom Ragdoll Cat Trust
  • Slave to: Ellie, Bertie, Christian, Saba
Re: Catit Design Cabrio carrier- any good??
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 22:54:00 PM »
I have 2 of these and they are fantastic.

You can take the bowls out without opening the door.

With regards to opening the top, it is a bit fiddly at first, but practice if you get one without the cat in and you will get the hang of it.

You put the seat belt through the handle. I wouldnt say it was that heavy.

Its very sturdy and spare parts are available from the manufacturer.

Zoe, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with yours, I havent experienced that with my cats. They are Ragdolls though and are placid in the carrier.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 22:58:42 PM by Philip »
[/img]
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/cheekee_munkee/All-3-together-web.jpg[/img]

RIP Maddy 02/06/2009 xxx
RIP Delphi 21/02/2011 xxx
RIP Skye xxxx

Bring love and happiness to all you do and it will be repaid tenfold.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 13:50:08 PM »
I've got one very like that one, Mark, and my cats like to go into it

last time Tiffany had to go to the vet I put it out the night before and when it was time to leave she was already in it and I just had to do the zip up :evillaugh:

and she weighs 6 kilos +
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 13:51:12 PM by trigger, Reason: addition »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »
They had a similar looking one in Lidl last week. It looked a bit bigger - it also looked well made but I wondered about trying to get an uncooperative cat into it.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 12:16:54 PM »
I don't know about this one but I have a fabric one from Argos, this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8706557/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C14419152/c_2/3%7C14419152%7CPet+supplies%7C14418785/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418785%7CPet+carriers+and+kennels%7C14418790.htm

It's not terribly big but Chilli fits comfortable and it has a shoulder strap which is great if you have other things to carry! For the price it's pretty well made too and I reckon it would be fine for kittens.

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 16:21:54 PM »
I bought two of the cabrios when I worked at petplanet, unfortunately Tyler managed to shove the food and water bit out on the way to vet and nearly suffocated as her head was trapped, The vet had to break the clear plastic door to get her head out.

I chucked my other one out as I was not risking this happening again, I have tried many things due to the discount i got at pet planet but was not a fan of the cabrio, did not also think they were good at opening or cloising from the top.

I am sure i still have a picture of Tylers head trapped somewhere. As we took pics to send to the manufacturer

Zoe
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 15:34:08 PM »
Ahhh that's not good about the weight then as I want something as light as possible as NFC kittens aren't exactly the lightest and I'll be trying to manage Findlay in his carrier in the other hand!

Size wise I don't want anything too big as it is purely for kittens (as the adults already have several big IATA approved carriers for travelling)

Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 14:57:32 PM »
Same as Gill - I've not seen that design but did look at the old one (very similar) at supreme cat show a couple of years ago.  I found it very heavy without a cat and it wasn't that big either. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 14:54:54 PM »
Not seen that new design before and if its the one I was thinking of the old design was great but too small for my cats

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
Catit Design Cabrio carrier- any good??
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 14:52:18 PM »
I'm looking to get a small carrier for using for kittens and whilst I was initially looking for a fabric one so it takes up less space I have come across the catit design cabrio on special at petplanet (http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=327&pf_id=52107) and just wondered if any of you have got it and whether you would recommend it or not?

How does the seatbelt bit work as I can't see any clips for seatbelts on the pics I've seen.

How do you fidn the top openeing bit as some reviews seem to be saying it's not that great and not very easy to close again.

Any views positive or negative on it would be appreciated, thanks!

Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Link to CatChat