Author Topic: Dave had a new trick to wake me up this morning!  (Read 1265 times)

Offline cheekycj

• Adult Cat
  • Light of my life...my two boys Joey and Charlie x
Re: Dave had a new trick to wake me up this morning!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:27:11 AM »
Daves a very clever little puss and sweet as the days is long  :Luv2:

Hope hes ok  :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 20:12:13 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :hug:

He's the human equivalent of the person that phones their boss to say they have a terrible cough and wont be coming in today  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 12:26:34 PM »
Bless that Dave  :evillaugh:

I had a giggle when I read your status on FB

Hope it doesn't return though.

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 10:57:22 AM »
He is a persistent little chap! I hope it's not a serious cough

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:38:34 AM »
 :naughty: He's persitent bless him!  :evillaugh:

hope that his cough doesn't return
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Dave had a new trick to wake me up this morning!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 07:55:06 AM »
Now as you know, mornings are plagued by Dave's never ending quest to get me out of bed to feed him. It doesn't matter that I never immediately get up and feed as I don't want to encourage him (clearly doesn't work though).

Well this morning he took his tactics to a whole new level. He started coughing. A couple of times sat on the floor. Then he came onto the bed and he continued but was purring all the while so I thought it would pass. He snuggled up on my pillow by my head and carried on coughing and purring. By this stage I'm getting worried and check the time to see how long till the vet opens. I'm sat watching him, trying to figure out if it's a stubborn hairball or something to worry about. Seeing I'm up he jumps off the bed and sits in the doorway. Coughs a few more times with me still looking on concerned.

He then gives me one last look and wanders off into the lounge, not a peep out of him since on the coughing front! Now he's back to his usual harrassment tactics to get me out of bed.

How this was either a coincidence and he did have a hairball bothering him (although nothing was brought up) or he managed to fake a cough to get me to wake up! You've got to credit the ingenuity haven't you! :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat