Author Topic: We're all guilty!  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: We're all guilty!
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 15:05:43 PM »
:shify:

I'm not over-attached then  :shify:

Go on - do one of them just to make the rest of us feel better!

Well, I suppose we did invest in an autofeeder so that Blip could have her breakfast at 04.00 and we could stay asleep.  That probably should count  8)

Definitely counts.   There was always the alternative option of making her wait.....  ;)

That was never an option for either of us  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 13:12:49 PM »

Well, I suppose we did invest in an autofeeder so that Blip could have her breakfast at 04.00 and we could stay asleep.  That probably should count  8)

Definitely counts.   There was always the alternative option of making her wait.....  ;)

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 13:09:36 PM »
I dont see how thats any different to how we'd treat our kids, and as we all know our cats are our kids  :Luv2:  :evillaugh:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 09:29:02 AM »

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 00:13:57 AM »
 :naughty: :rofl: :naughty: :rofl:

All apply except Number 1 - the reason that doesn't apply is because there is always food in Bonnie's dish - when empty, I fill, just like a good slave  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 22:07:48 PM »
The first 3 all apply  ;D

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 21:53:49 PM »
 :shy: erm yes....guilty...!!  :shy:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 18:28:00 PM »
Not at all  :shify:

I just searched for 'how to tell if you're a crazy cat lady' and found this  :rofl:

http://www.helium.com/items/1451790-crazy-cat-lady-article

crazy cat lady

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 16:37:25 PM »
Until auite recently I was guilty of all 5!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 16:17:21 PM »

I pretty much do all of them although no.5 isn't an irrational fear that something bad will happen to them (as in they probably wouldn't be indoor cats if I lived elsewhere) but a necessity considering my living arrangements.  I do all the others to a greater or lesser extent.  I don't offer a variety of foods if they decline one, but I offer a variety in general and have been known to sit on the floor beside Jaffa trying to coax him to eat if he's not keen on something  :rofl:  I don't seriously decline invitations to see friends for fear they will be lonely but I have been known to turn down general invitations (not from close friends) if I think they have been on their own a lot  :-[

I was particularly guilty of no.2 last night.  Jaffa was in his usual position on the bed and Mosi joined me in his regular (but not every night) place squashed up beside me.  Leaving me at an angle in the middle of the bed with my head where the pillows join - not the most comfortable of positions.   I read for a while and then decided to go to the loo before going to sleep.  You'd have laughed if you had seen me trying to get out of bed without disturbing Mosi.  I managed it but when I got back into bed (again trying not to disturb Mosi) he jumped down and wandered off into the living room.  After a moment of relief that I had a bit more space in bed, I felt so guilty I found myself calling Mosi back, apologising for disturbing him and almost begging him to get  back into bed!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 16:21:54 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline DandCmum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 14:07:10 PM »
 :rofl: Haha am guilty of most of these too, especially 2 and 3! Dexter even gets to lie under the covers in bed if he wishes causing us to almost fall out the other side  :tired:

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 13:45:51 PM »
 :naughty:  Oh dear! I don't do any of these things - does that mean I don't love my 4 furries?  The only one I worry about is little Jess, my late mum's cat who hates the other three with a vengeance, mostly because mad Harvey chases her.  It's a constant battle to keep them apart.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 13:41:47 PM »

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 13:35:02 PM »
I'm only really guilty of #5 although that's just one of the many reasons why he's an indoor kitty. Number 2 I sometimes do but rarely as I'm such a fidgety person by nature it's impossible for me to keep still, especially if I'm uncomfy. If anything he works around me.

However, if he's comfy I will actually camp out on the floor whilst he gets the bed  :scared: This is in the evenings if I want to watch tv upstairs btw, I don't sleep on the floor - he's not that spoilt!

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 13:33:13 PM »
Guilty as charged I'm afraid  :rofl: apart from number 1 but that's only because Hobbes has dry food down all the time  :rofl:

edited for spelling mistake
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 13:41:12 PM by Ann Clarke (Tabby cat) »

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 13:28:56 PM »
Not at all  :shify:

I just searched for 'how to tell if you're a crazy cat lady' and found this  :rofl:

http://www.helium.com/items/1451790-crazy-cat-lady-article

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
We're all guilty!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 13:19:02 PM »
Sorry, I just had to laugh.  I'm looking at stuff on the internet re behaviour, urine spraying, over dependency etc. and I'm sure I'm guilty of encouraging an over attachement with Jaffa, esp since Mosi arrived as I feel I need to compensate Jaffa for having to share my attention.  But I just had to post this article as the list of things that indicate over attachment could describe so many of us  ;D  Hands up who is guilty of the following - I'm sure most of us are guilty of 2 + 3 (though hopefully not of making a cat wear an elizabethan collar for 18 months following a minor scratch - that's just sad)

Some examples of over-attachment include;

1. Getting up in the early hours of the morning to prepare food for your cat because that is when he wants it.

2. Sleeping at a contorted angle because your cat is stretched out in your bed and you don’t want to disturb him.

3. Offering several food varieties to see what your cat fancies at one particular occasion.

4. Declining invitations to meet friends and stay away overnight incase your cat is lonely.

5. Keeping your cat confined indoors for fear of something bad happening to him.

http://www.purrfectcatbehavior.com/over_attachement.html

Link to CatChat