Author Topic: TEMPORARY HOME NEEDED FOR TWO CATS  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: TEMPORARY HOME NEEDED FOR TWO CATS
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »
If you do have to give up the little ones please don't wait until the last minute to ring a rescue to put on their list. Many rescues have a list of cats waiting to come in many weeks long. I would be very wary of a rescur  who knew it was going to have a space at a  certain time. There is only one way they would know for sure when a space would definitely become available and you don't need me to tell you that.

A rescue I know of always had spaces on a Thuirsday afternoon.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 09:36:31 AM »
Are there no family members willing to take your cats on for a year? TBH, most rescues as stated in the previous post only take cats on that are no longer wanted by their owners so they can find them a new home.

I really hope you find someone. Sorry, I can't help, I've already got a house full!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 16:17:12 PM »
Where so you live? Perhaps it would be wise to ask any local rescues if they know of anyone who take in cats for a period of time. I am afraid if you cannot get a friend or relation to care for them you may have no choice but to give them up for adoption.Although at this time of year most rescues are full to bursting. I don't think a rescue can take them in  on a temporary basis as that would block up a space for a full year and prevent perhaps many cats from being rescued and finding purrfect homes.

Re the playing with string, I suggest you never let them do this without full supervision  as it is a very dangerous practice and can cost a cat its life.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline WPFWPF

• Kitten
TEMPORARY HOME NEEDED FOR TWO CATS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 16:02:59 PM »
Please, please can you help?  I have two very fluffy 4 year old female cats that need a home for possibly up to one year.  Due to unforeseen circumstances I have had to move, and am unable to take my cats with me.  I desperately don't want to give them up permanently, and would be delighted if there is anyone that could provide a loving temporary home for them.  They are:  Molly - a black moggy with long fur and Lola, a white pedigree with blue eyes and long fur.  Both are very loving and friendly and love to play with string and in the great outdoors.  They are both fully vaccinated, regularly de-flea’d and micro-chipped.  I don't want to split them up so they definitely come as a pair.  Please contact me ASAP if you think you could help, or you know anyone that can.  Many thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat