Author Topic: Hi, I'm new  (Read 1850 times)

Offline happybunny22000

• Kitten
Re: Hi, I'm new
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 07:48:19 AM »
4-6 weels  :scared:
Shes about 1/2 hour away by car.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 19:51:30 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

You really should not let a new cat out for about 4-6 weeks, especially if you are near her old home.

I will be the first to mention this but insure insure insure, we recommend AXA LOL.

I hope all 3 get on soon  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 19:46:35 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Leo Oscar is very cute  :Luv2:  I'm sure he, Misty and Beau the dog will get used to each other in no time  :)

I would keep Misty in for 3-4 weeks, she needs to bond to you and the house before you let her out. Is she chipped? If so you'll need to change her details with the chip company so she's registered to you and not her old home. If she's not done then definitely get that done before she goes out. I take it she is already spayed?

Offline happybunny22000

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 19:29:32 PM »
leo is now oscar lol
ordered him a tag this avo.

Misty just hisses at him whenever he comes near, yet shes supposedly used to cats.
When should I let her out, she's used to being an outdoor cat? So far she (after a day) will come and jump and sit on my bed, she hasnt pood yet though, and she wont actually walk out my room. When she isnt hiding behind my bedside cabinet then poor oscar wont come in because she hisses and shows teeth. And theyboth do that to my pooor border collie. he is petrified of both. Its comical though as oscar is the size of my hand and beau is a straping 2 year old border collie

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 16:44:51 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

OMG Leo is gorgeous  :Luv2: hopefully he will get on with your other new arrival and she can teach him how to be a nice well mannered kitty.  As he's still a baby it'll be good for him to have a old "big sister" to look out for him  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 12:13:56 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

If you're wanting info on your new kitten/cat we have lots in the 'Health & Behaviour' section and you'll see child boards underneath with Care, Behaviour and Health Guides so there's lots of info for you and you can always ask, usually you'll get lots of good advice from all us cat mad people  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline happybunny22000

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 10:34:46 AM »

think i Probably will keep her. they couldnt take her, they rehomed her and two others :(

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:30:04 AM »
Hi, congratualtions on your new arrival(s). Leo is gorgeous:Luv:
Are you keeping the older cat? Could they not have taken it with them?

Nicky

Offline happybunny22000

• Kitten
Hi, I'm new
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 08:24:16 AM »
Hi
Ive just adopted an 8 week old tabby male kitten from the RSPCA, he's my first so any advice would be given. Someone off another forum heard I was gettig a  kitten, and needed to rehome their cat os theyr moving down south and coudnt take her, dropped their 8 yr old cat ff to me yesterday too. :( Supposedly until it finds a new home :S
My poor border collie is terified of both, its funny though from thep.o.v that the kitten is the size of my hand lol

this is leo
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 08:25:43 AM by happybunny22000 »

Link to CatChat