« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 14:54:42 PM »
 :hug: :hug:

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
  • Slave to: Davey & Tinker
Re: Gizzy
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
How stunning are those photos! She looks like she was very cuddly and fluffy!
I love the sound of the life she had, sounds like she was looked after very well by you and I'm so glad her life had a "story" worth telling. When cats die some people just think that its sad but life goes on. They don't talk about the memories of the cat, maybe like they do about humans. I love how you told her story, how she came to you, the sweet little things she did to show you she loved you and the sweet things you did for her too. If I were her I would have felt so special and lucky :-)

My cat Jess had a tumor which was discovered just 2 days before he died. Vet was going to PTS but Jess died in his sleep before that. Still get upset when I think of that; all those years he had with us and at the end we weren't there with him.  :hug:
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 08:17:23 AM »
Sending lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: Sylvia. Gizzy sounds like she was a very special little girl.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 07:55:38 AM »
 :hug: :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 23:32:42 PM »
For you Sylvia  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sylvia

• Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Thomas, Suki, Sweep, Tatty & Tabs
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 23:09:25 PM »
Its been a year since you've been gone, my little Gizzy, and I still miss you so much.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you, and you are never far from my thoughts.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 08:37:14 AM »
How wonderful to receive a double rainbow, I've never seen one before either  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 21:24:27 PM »
I've never seen a double rainbow, didn't even know they existed. So pleased they were finally able to send the message  :hug:

Offline Sylvia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 18:49:35 PM »
Had a bit of an emotional day yesterday.  I had been waiting such a long time for a rainbow, and I was getting worried that Gizzy and Tatty had got lost somewhere  :scared:  It happened yesterday  :wow:

I know that I'm probably being a bit silly about this, but I assume that (prompted by Monty) both Tatty and Gizzy had a paw in this, because it wasn't just a single rainbow, but a double rainbow  ;D

It was the boys who drew my attention to it.  Tommy, Sweepy and Tabs were sitting on the front doorstep, and I wondered what they were looking at.  The pictures aren't all that good and the second rainbow is pretty faint, but it was definitely there.  I will post this on Tatty's thread too.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »
Lovely to hear how she chose you  :hug: She was stunning, I love that pic of the wind catching her fur  :hug:

Offline Sylvia

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 19:18:28 PM »
I just wanted to thank you all for your very kind comments  :thanks:

I'm still finding it very hard to come to terms with  :(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »
What a very beautiful girl Sylvia  :Luv:  So pleased she had so many years with such loving caring slaves and glad that her previous slaves allowed that to happen - not that it sounds like they had much choice in the matter.

RIP adorable Gizzy  :'(

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »
what a lovely girl  :hug:.   
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 08:27:57 AM »
So beautiful  :Luv2: :Luv2:

God Bless Gizzy xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 20:46:34 PM »
What a stunning girl.

RIP Gizzy back with your mate on the Bridge

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 18:16:35 PM »
RIP Gizzy, what a beautiful girl.

Offline Sylvia

• Hero Cat
Gizzy
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 15:03:20 PM »
Gizzy (whose proper name was Gizmo) used to live in the house diagonally opposite us, and we had known her almost since she was born, as her mum Star (a Colourpoint Persian) used to bring her around to us when she was very young.  Gizzy used to amaze us by squeezing under the 2-inch gap below our garden gate.  :shocked:

Gizzy and her mum used to live in a house with 4 young children, and Gizzy had never been as laid back as her mum was about this, and she decided when the family had gone away on Christmas Day of 1994 that she would rather move in with Monty, Chloe and us rather than stay in her old home.  She was 18 months old and took up residence on one of our breakfast table chairs.

Jim said that she had a home already, and that we should put her back outside.  It was at this point that Gizzy started to show part of that obstinacy/determination that she maintained for the rest of her life.  Jim persuaded her to go out, and locked the cat-flap.  Gizzy immediately started to set about ripping the cat-flap out of the back door.  Jim went upstairs, and when it started to rain, I couldn’t leave her outside, and I unlocked the cat-flap to let her back inside.  It was at this time that we found that she had an open sore running down her back from her shoulders to the base of her tail.

After the Christmas holiday was over we spoke to Gizzy’s owners about her, and when I got back from work each day I would carry Gizzy to their house and hand her over to them.  In the time that it took me to cross back over the road, get to the front door and open it, Gizzy had usually made it out through the cat-flap, over the fence, across the road, up our driveway, under the garden gate and in through our cat-flap in our back door.  She would be waiting for me in our kitchen as if to say “Where have you been then?”  By the end of February 1995, Gizzy’s old family agreed that they couldn’t persuade her to stay with them any longer, and that she should become ours. ;D

Once we registered her with our vet, got her checked over, and microchipped, our vet said that it looked like she was suffering from a flea allergy, and after treatment for this, and much grooming, she became a very beautiful cat.  Initially she must have realized that we were trying to help her because she would let me groom her without a murmur,  However, some time after this, she soon let us know that she would prefer it if we kept the grooming sessions short – less than 1 minute for preference.

She had such a sweet nature, and became one of Monty’s girls.  He had been smitten by her mum Star, so I like to think that he accepted her because she was her mother’s daughter.  :Luv:

After we were joined by Sooty and Sweep, we thought that she would appreciate the younger company, but she soon let us know that she was not very impressed by youngsters, and when we were joined by Tommy, he was the only one that she didn’t seem to mind sharing space with.  We were eventually joined by Suki, Tatty and Tabs, and Gizzy took all this in her stride.

She loved to sit in front of the keyboard of my PC, and whenever I leaned forward to kiss her on the head, she would lick me on the nose.  I’m a diabetic, and if I were hypo at night, she would stand on my chest and lick my face.  She used to look after me.

On Sunday mornings, if I had Primula cheese on toast for breakfast, she would come to keep me company, and strangely I always seemed to end up with a dry piece of toast with no topping.  When it was time to go out for a walk, she would still be sitting on my lap, and I would never have the heart to move her.  I was always late for everything on Sundays, but it was would be our special time together, and I would cook her some coley for supper, which she adored.

Her favourite place was on the grey lamb’s wool rug behind the sofa, where I would find her every morning, and I would give Gizzy her breakfast there, hidden away from everyone else.

When indoors, if you picked her up she would melt into your arms, however, if you attempted to do the same thing outdoors, she would head off at great speed like she had an urgent appointment elsewhere.  :Crazy:

She always remained the tiniest kitty, with a deceptively huge and impressive fluffy coat.  When she was outdoors and the wind was blowing, I always afraid that the wind would catch that coat of hers and that she would get blown away.  She used to love to sit out in the rain, and bring bits of the garden indoors with her in that coat.  I used to tease her when she came in wet that she was my little grey floor mop.

She was never any trouble at all, and apart from having to keep on top of her flea treatment and vaccinations, look after her coat, and chop up her food really small, she only had to visit the vet once for a liver infection in the 15 years that she was with us.  So in those last few days, when we found out she had a tumour, it was totally unexpected and such a shock.  :'(

We have never had to do anything as difficult as letting Gizzy go.  :'(

You were my special little girl, and I will always love you baby – my little Gizzykins, my Cutie Pie  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Here are some of my favourite photos of Gizzy:

Gizzy’s beautiful face (I may be a little biased here)

Gizzy fur caught by the wind

Of course you would never catch Gizzy on the kitchen work surfaces  :innocent:

Or on next door’s garage roof  :innocent:

Gizzy out in the garden with her fluffy coat on

Link to CatChat