Author Topic: Special needs old boy needing home, Wrexham/Shropshire (Staying with fosterer)  (Read 3714 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Hope Rupert enjoys his remaining time with his fosterers. I'm sure he's getting lots of love.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Awww poor old boy, probably best for him where he's now settled.  Thanks for the update  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Re: Special needs old boy needing a home (Wrexham/Shropshire area)
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 20:36:58 PM »
Hi. Sorry forgot to update this thread.

We have decided Rupert is to ill and frail to rehome and perhaps to much for a new owner to take on.. We don't think he has long left in him now so he will remain in his foster home.

Offline bluex

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 18:47:12 PM »
Hi is Rupert still looking for a home.

I would be very interested in offering him one...I live in Stafford which is not too far away  :shy:

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 12:11:02 PM »
What a hansom old gentleman! I do hope he finds himself a good retirement home.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 11:07:56 AM »
I hate the thought of oldies dying in rescue too, it is why I keep taking them in.

Me too that's one of the reasons I only adopt the oldies

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 10:55:07 AM »
HE is lovely, what a shame I am too far away. I hate the thought of oldies dying in rescue too, it is why I keep taking them in.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 21:14:53 PM »
Rupert. :Luv: :Luv: Hope he gets somewhere soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 20:13:02 PM »
Thank you.

Yeh it does break my heart when we get oldies in, esp when they dont have that much longer left anyway.. I hate to think of any animal coming into rescue and dieing in rescue with out having a final forever home. He is in foster care so in a home enviroment, but it would be just the best if he was adopted and didnt have to die in rescue. he is such a lovely boy, he really his :)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 20:07:29 PM »
Ahh bless him, what a lovely boy he is  :Luv2:

everything crossed for Rupert xx

I've added the area to the title  :hug:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 20:09:00 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Special needs old boy needing a home
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 19:48:51 PM »
These oldies break my heart  :(
Hope a forever home is found for him x

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Can anyone offer a lovely elderly boy a retirenent home to live out the remainder of his life, so he doesnt live and die being in rescue?

Meet Rupert. Rupert is 18 yrs old and came into rescue in a bad state, very thin and a very bad mouth. His teeth were so bad he couldnt and hadnt been eating for a while, he had become very thin and miserable, literaly starving because his moth hurt to much to eat. Ruperts owners werent aware of this, they had gone to work abroad and left him in the care of a neighbour. When his family got offered the job full time away, he called the neighbours and they refused to care for him anymore (not that they had been due to the state he is in) Ruperts owners seeked a rescue for him. We took him and when he got into foster he was in the above state. I contacted the owners who were distraught there beloved pet had got this way, they paid for Ruperts vets care needed at the time. Rupert has a heart murmer bless him and needs medication for life now.. FORTEKOR TABS 56x2.5mg once a day.. His mouth has been sorted and he has dental done and came through good from GA, vet worked fast as age and heart murmer were against him. he is now eating soft wet foods and has gained strength well now.

Rupert needs a quite home, just to laze about in. he is used to cats and dogs but they must respect his space and leave him be, not to stress him out. he likes to sit on your lap on his own choice and grounds and have a stroke and cuddle. He isnt to keen on going out but will have a little ponder in the back garden to soak up the warm sun.. All he wants is feeding, peace and quite and someone to give him his meds dailey..

It would be so sad for him to come into rescue and die into rescue with out a home to call his own in his final years. his medication only costs £16.07 for 24 tablets, that last him 24 days.. Not much really to help him.

Rupert is in Boarder line of Wrexham and shropshire area and needs to be homed with in that area, as due to age and health traveling would be to much for him.. A long shot I know, but it would be nice to see him go to a home of his own.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 20:59:15 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat