Author Topic: TRUMAN  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Re: TRUMAN
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 21:22:42 PM »
Moira, am so very sorry that you had to let Truman go.  I thought he would go on forever :'(  He was a wonderful, determined character and very lucky to have found you.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 16:13:43 PM »
Moira,  I have just read this,  I am so very sorry  :hug: :hug:

RIP Truman,  you were loved by many  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
Oh Moira, I've only just read this - I'm so sorry to hear about Truman, he was a lovely boy  :hug:

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 12:45:42 PM »
Trigger, I remember the first time I saw that picture. I fell in love with him then and there was no way, if I could help it, he was going to die alone and unloved just because he was old. You're right, he was always very very alert and the day I picked him up he purred and cuddled into me and his whole demeanour said 'I'm so happy to see you. I've been waiting for you to take me home, lets go'.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 11:27:31 AM »
Oh Moira  :( He got a second chance from you and Im sure he was greatfull for every minute of that  :hug:

RIP Truman xxx

:hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 08:43:51 AM »
Sorry Moira,

You can tell by how you wrote about him, how much he was loved - and he knew it.  :care:

He sounds like he was a lovely old boy  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 23:35:44 PM »
As I have only recently come back to Purrs I had only just recently read Truman's story and it touched my heart.  I'm verry sorry to hear this sad news Moira but am just so happy that he was able to feel love for a littlw while before I had to go to the bridge.  What your son said actually brought tears to my eyes  :Luv:

RIP Truman xxxx

Hugs Moira xoxo
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 22:03:22 PM »

here's Truman just after he was found roaming the streets of Bristol, quite blind

but I think he has an alert air about him, as if he can hear you, Moira, coming to his rescue
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 20:33:18 PM »
Thanks again all, and for the lovely poem, Yvonne. Truman was, indeed, a Purrs cat and, for me, what Purrs is all about - giving the most needy , the 'least rehomable' a chance that they otherwise would be unlikely to get. Truman was the sterotypically 'least rehomable' cat you could imagine but he was, and remained until his final hour, a happy little ray of sunshine who enjoyed life and gave far more than he took.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 21:33:50 PM »
So very sorry Moira:

He’s in a better place right now
Than he’s ever been before;
All pain is gone; he is now at rest;
Nothing troubles him anymore.

It’s we who feel the burden of
Our sadness and our grief;.
We have to cry, to mourn our loss,
Before we get relief.

We know we’ll reconnect with him
At the end of each life’s road;
We’ll see his cherished face again
When we release our earthly load.

:RIP: :candle:            :RIP: :candle:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 20:57:58 PM »
So very sorry Moira - it is thanks to your love and devotion that Truman had 15 wonderful months with you, he knew more love and TLC in those 15 months than he probably did his whole life before he found you.  He was such a special brave boy xxx

RIP sweet Truman - have fun at the Bridge special boy xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 20:11:12 PM »
So sorry moira, he was a really special old man  :( :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 19:54:08 PM »
Moira Trueman worked his way in to a lot of hearts on the forum and stole yours cause you were his Mum - you gave him more in the last year of his life than perhaps he had ever had and he stayed that bit longer on borrowed time so you would have some wonderful memories to treasure forever - thankyou for sharing your speical boy with us :hug: :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 19:47:23 PM »
Lesley it would be wonderful for Miaow Miaow's kitten to be called Truman Jnr. Thank you for thinking of it. Does that make me his Godmother :)

Most definitely his fairy godmother :Luv2: :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 19:06:06 PM »
So very sorry to hear this Moira, you gave him the greatest gift throughout his time with you and at the end too  :hug:

He'll be safe and sound at the Bridge by now, just as you son saw him  :hug:

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 18:04:55 PM »
Lesley it would be wonderful for Miaow Miaow's kitten to be called Truman Jnr. Thank you for thinking of it. Does that make me his Godmother :)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 14:53:32 PM »
Awww, I'm sorry hun  :hug: :hug:

RIP darling Truman xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 14:14:03 PM »
I am so sorry to read this Moira, with your wonderful love and care I always thought Truman was one of those cats who would just live forever. :Luv2: :Luv2: 

Would it be alright to name Miaow Miaow's male kitten after your wonderful boy? as a tribute to a very special cat. :hug: :hug:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 14:06:23 PM »
Thanks, all, for your good wishes.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 13:59:30 PM »
So sorry.    :hug:  As others have said, he was a special little man and you gave him a wonderful home to live out the rest of his days in.

Karen
x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 13:06:04 PM »
I will never forget the way you stepped in and offered a loving home for Truman, Moira, and  I am so glad you were rewarded by being able to care for him in every sense of the word, to the end of his days

he sure was one special little cat
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
He was such a special man, Moira. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I think that belief he's young and healthy again is a good one to have. :care:

RIP Truman.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 11:09:49 AM »
so sorry to hear this rip truman

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 06:49:40 AM »
Awww, Moira I'm so sorry.  I remember you adopting him and what a lovely old boy he was  :hug:

God Bless sweet Truman xxxx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 02:34:36 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this, what a wonderful old boy Truman was. He defied those who condemned him so long ago and your TLC kept him happy until the end of his life  :hug: :hug:

RIP Truman, play hard on the Bridge, you have left a paw print in so many hearts.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 00:53:30 AM »
I am so terribly sorry - you gave him the most wonderful time with you and i am sure he is at the bridge a young man again and free from illness and pain .
RIP Trueman - you will be greatly missed by so many of your fans and admirers.
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Moira
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 00:53:52 AM by bunglycat »

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
TRUMAN
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 00:17:42 AM »
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I am writing this. I had to let Truman go this evening.  He was a bit off his food and distant yesterday. I hoped it was just a bit of a tummy upset – he had had a couple of those over the past few months but always came round like the trooper he was. It wasn’t to be this time, though. When I got back from work this evening, about 7, he was up and walking around so I thought he was going to be OK. I had bought him some special food as a treat – Iams wet for seniors – and he ate a little of it. I took him downstairs as it was quite warm and he hadn’t been outside this season yet. I sat on a garden chair with him on my lap and he cuddled in. I then took him back upstairs, put him on the bed and went downstairs to feed the others and have my own tea. When I went up to see him again an hour later and he was sprawled out across the bed – he never lay like that, always curled up or crouched, so I knew this was it. He was struggling to get up and crying. I called the vet straight away and she came out within half an hour. I stroked him and talked softly to him while he slipped away, lying on my bed where he has spent most of the past 15 months. The vet took him away, wrapped in his blanket. She asked if I wanted his ashes but I said no, that the best of him would be with me always. In 20 years I have had to let so many go to the Bridge but I thought with Truman it wouldn’t be so hard – he was living on borrowed time, after all. Not so. This is the hardest yet. Perhaps because he wasn’t expected to live very long at the beginning as time went by it seemed like he would live forever. He was old, blind, had a nasty ulcerated cyst on his neck and was scraggy with the muscle wastage to his hind quarters but he was the most beautiful cat I have ever had and he was greatly loved. The strangest thing, my son, Christopher, stayed with him while I went downstairs to let the vet in. He said to me later that Truman had looked up at him and, for a moment, looked like a young cat. I’d like to think that he is now at the Rainbow Bridge, young and whole again.

Play hard at the Bridge, little man.

Link to CatChat