Author Topic: Asked rather an odd question  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Asked rather an odd question
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 19:08:38 PM »
peeps here think it strange for someone to have a cat, let alone 4..........sigh

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 18:41:09 PM »
I think its possibly the "ferals" that folks don't quite get a grip of somehow and the fact that not all my ferals are nice - well only 2 don't go to the vet but as I type this Ace number one nasty boy is sitting 2 feet away from me waiting for his extra upstairs treat - this has taken 5 long years and he has the memory of an elephant he still hasn't forgiven us for "loosing" his Mum Miss Gracie to the brodge and the fact he had no human contact till he went in a trap!  The there's Blue who has been with us for 2 years he is still quite nocturnal but tonight decided he wanted to eat in the family room in daylight with the others so I had the Clan dogs totally out iof breathe for and extra 20 mins before tea ball so he could be sociable and he is also a cat milk junky - so readily available in the wild :rofl:

Sweetie has no idea she is a cat she is a Princess and must be obeyed - she is 18 and my soul cat and will sit on a chair and eat off the table and leave no mess - she is afterall the Leader of the Clan and knows how to control both parents and get back at teh others she still throws a mean set of claws!

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 11:33:28 AM »
What would be normal/ not normal for a cat  :-:

Are they meaning have you had cats come to you through none urgent circumstances Liz? like you have actually chosen them to come into your home instead of them being put on you (although they are not put on you  :) )

I really dont get that one LOL  The only odd cat I have would be Tia, she's more like a dog  :evillaugh:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »
Darcy is normal in that he's a typical kitten, he plays and gets stuck down the sofa cushions, and meows and cuddles and climbs. I think Pepsi isn't a typical cat in that she has ideas above her station and thinks she's a princess and is a bit of a snob  :evillaugh: Some of the things she does don't seem very 'cattish' and her expressions at time seem very human, but this is normal for her so I guess it's normal in general.

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Saska

• Adult Cat
  • Millie
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 06:04:07 AM »
What is normal anyway??
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 23:07:41 PM »
 :Luv: Noni is a gem of a girl; laid back, affectionate and an all round sweetheart. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 22:29:21 PM »
I have only just stopped getting embarrassed when mentioning we have 6 Liz. Can't really see us ever having less than 4 now.  Would be funny to see reaction of non cat peeps when you tell them about The Clan  :)

I have to admit that we do think of Noni as our well adjusted "normal" cat although even she has her food ishoos.  Suppose by "normal" we mean seemingly at peace with her world pretty much all the time.  She is top cat although she doesn't feel the need to impose her status.  The others are so relaxed with her, even Dinah who is not exactly cat friendly.  She's sensible, very grown up for her age and doesn't cause us any worry.  I hope typing that isn't tempting fate  :scared:

edited for typos
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:24:50 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 22:04:21 PM »
I agree with JS ... what exactly is a "normal" cat? 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 21:54:09 PM »
I tend to find myself questioning what people consider "normal" for a cat. There isn't really one way I expect a cat to be, so I'd just say yes more than likely.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Asked rather an odd question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 21:35:53 PM »
On Friday at work I was asked a rather odd question which took me aback - Did I have any normal cats :shocked:

After a moments thoguht I had to say all mine are quite normal in their own ways - my ferals love or hate humans - some are still in training, my ragdoll is gorgeous but has her moments of not hitting a grit box - but that was her 4 previous homes faults for never training her - since comeing to us she has learnt to use a bidet - she is after all my posh totty!  My domestics are all normal to a pint but looking over my large eclectic family I can say hand on heart they are all quite normal in our house!!!  O(ne girls nearly passed out when I mentioned I also had my Clan Doggies Sky and Sunny and looked after my outside crew and You don't live here from next door on my own for 2 weeks till their Daddy is next home! :shocked:

Does anyone else have problems with folks and their views on cats especially theirs!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat