Author Topic: Help please for name of silly lucky dip for tomorrow....  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Help please for name of silly lucky dip for tomorrow....
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 13:04:12 PM »

When I phoned up the winner yesterday she laughed hysterically for 5 minutes then told us to add the £1-60 to the takings  :-[

:evillaugh:

You can put the prize into the next Mucky Dip  :evillaugh: - the stamp would cost more than it is worth  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
Mucky Dip  :evillaugh:

:) I quite like this

and if mark would like to PM me his address I will send him the item of his choice  :rofl:

We did a cash raffle on the day, no prizes winner to get half the pot.
When I phoned up the winner yesterday she laughed hysterically for 5 minutes then told us to add the £1-60 to the takings  :-[

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »

:) I quite like this

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »
I've written a letter to the paper - gosh Angry from coventry,  :rofl:

Non fundraising at the Cheylesmore festival

I would like to thank the organisers of the Cheylesmore festival for a well organised day at Quinton Park on Saturday. The weather also added to a day that was enjoyed by all.

Coventry Cat Group had a stall there to sell fairly inexpensive toys and our ‘Mucky Dip’ (tag line “what’s in your litter tray” - you had to be there!) at 20p a go was very popular with the children – maybe because we decided that we were going to do an ‘everyone’s a winner’!

However as we were packing up after a long, hot day we were approached by the organisers of the event demanding that we cash up to give them 20% of our sales. We had already paid £20 for the pitch and I was surprised that they could ask for so much more.

We raised £100 on the day and therefore our total cost for the stall was £40.

Normally we are lucky to get a 30% profit on items we sell. Our decision on Saturday to let everyone win a prize mean our profit margin was probably nearer 10% , and maybe not even that.

Even at 30%, we need to sell about £75 of stock to take £100. At 10% this rises to £90. 
Therefore the day’s fundraising cost us between £15 and £30.

I told the organisers that next year the three of us would either spend the day caring for all our foster cats or even have a lie in – and save our charity some money!

For all those people that came to the stall to buy things to support the Coventry Cat Group, I can only apologise. Luckily any money put in the collecting tins was not subject to this 20% theft however it certainly did not make us in profit when everything was added up the next day.

In the old days, the religious organisations had their tithes, a 10% levy but I guess that’s inflation for you!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
That's disgraceful Angie  >:(

I agree. To charge that much of a charity is appalling.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 10:03:25 AM »
That is so greedy. Is that the local council?

Our branch has the car park of the local junior school sometimes as an overflow for daytrippers. The school get 50% of the takings but at least it is being used for the school I guess + I am told that they do pretty well for no outlay. They also sell some jam and donated plants to add to the coffers.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 22:44:22 PM »
That's disgraceful Angie  >:(

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 22:38:29 PM »
The miserable  :censored: - where did you have your stall?  How can they get away with that?  :censored:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 20:52:39 PM »
Hi all,

just to say the Mucky Dip went down a storm so mission accomplished! Thanks to Mark who should have patented the name!

I was however shocked that not only did we pay a £20 pitch fee, they demanded 20% of our takings to boot. I have emailed them a complaint and may write to the local paper. There we were, hot and tired at 5pm packing up, when the organisers came round demanding we cash up and hand the 20% over.

As it was a getting rid of stock day, it didn't really matter but if we were trying to sell on an ongoing basis then even a mark up of 40% would only make up evens for the day on takings of £100.

All I can say is thank goodness we are no longer 'non fundraising' in this way and next time I'll read the small print before taking on a booking!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 23:24:27 PM »
Find the kitty poo  :naughty: :rofl:

Pick  'n' mix

Find it - you can have it

Search for a treat

Have a great day Angie

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 19:36:43 PM »
perhaps I should use spent litter as well?

Would be great if you could put a fake poo in for entertainment value (for you  :evillaugh: )

Apparently, a squashed up snicker bar is quite convincing   :evillaugh: (snack size of course  :sick: )

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 19:20:39 PM »

Like that!
perhaps I should use spent litter as well?

come on guys - as a bit of incentive the winner can have their choice of a water squirt flower, mini slide whistle, mini train whistle, childrens card game, 4 pce footballers paint-ur-own, power prop glider or packet of water bombs - that'll get you thinking caps on  :rofl:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 19:34:30 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 19:09:00 PM »

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 18:57:29 PM »
I really like lucky litter lotto  ;D ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Help please for name of silly lucky dip for tomorrow....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 18:38:00 PM »
Guess who's fund raising tomorrow  :doh:

Anyway lots of cheap plastic tat lovely little toys to get rid of sell and couldn't be bothered to do a tombola with all those tickets....

so......

is this a stupid idea and if so what shall I do instead?

If it might work, what shall I call it - litter lotto? lucky litter lotto - what's in your litter box? (well bowl  :-[)

Link to CatChat