Author Topic: Urgent - 14 year old female needs new home (E Kent) - (Now has place in rescue)  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
The update sounds positive and that Gwen is safe now  :)

"It appears that crossed fingers worked and the vet verdict is reportedly positive. It remains to be seen how much we can work on some behavioural issues and make sure a happy kitty joins a new home soon.first there's some work at the vets...
She is coming in on Monday and will be getting her first vet treatment on Wed. The family are also going to be following up with the progress at vets and are happy to help with cost, which is a big deal to a small charity. I'll be keeping you posted and load photo here too"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 06:46:42 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Urgent - 14 year old female needs new home (E Kent)
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 11:34:27 AM »
Well it is sounding like the cat has a place but I think I'll know more this evening and I'll keep you updated, thanks for the offer of help it's much appreciated  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »
I am in the process of emailing our branch welfare & rehoming people as this one sounds urgent. Let me know if you hear it hasn't been sorted. I don't know if the branch is in a position to take any cats in right now but if this cat hasn't got a rescue place yet, I think it would be a priority - fingers crossed it is sorted but otherwise......
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 10:35:08 AM »
That's all I know it was an email I received through CC and I was advised to post it as urgent on the forum and thankfully a rescue has come to the rescue.  There's a few health issues to check over and vet visit booked for tonight so keeping fingers crossed Gwen may be safe now xx

thanks Mark  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 08:24:18 AM »
Where in East Kent are they Janey? (we are East Kent)

I wondered if they have contacted CP etc.

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Gwen - female shorthaired tortoiseshell urgently needs new home. Aged 14, ok with children dislikes other cats and dogs.

"The reason we are desperate to rehome is that my alergy has become so severe I have gone into anaphalactic shock requiring adrenalin injections, each attack is worse, we have tried everything we can to rehome her this is our last hope. It is not the cats fault, her days are spent sleeping and eating. She is a typical older cat with no health problems only slowing down because of her age"

If you can help then please email Lesley: normancox@live.co.uk
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 06:45:30 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat