Author Topic: Anyone tried RC Senior 27?  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Anyone tried RC Senior 27?
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 18:57:49 PM »
RC give calorie/energy info so you can compare that way

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 22:42:07 PM »
I don't want anything higher cal than the one they are on now, although having said that, the Hill's senior light is 50% less fat than the standard but I'm not convinced reduced fat is the way to go with cats and they are designed to metabolize fat but not carbs.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 21:56:01 PM »
Yes MM, Milly here has the outdoor mature and it is much oilier than the light ones that Geoffrey has.  I always find that RC goes down well too Mark so it might be worth a go if you can get a small bag to try.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 19:46:52 PM »
The outdoor mature goes down well here, havnt tried the indoor yet. The outdoor seems more oily than other bix, more appealing maybe, has a higher calorie content than their other foods  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 09:52:36 AM »
None of mine have ever touched JWB or Burns. Willow used to eat a bit of RC Sensible but the others wouldn't touch it. Maybe I should get a small bag to try - I think the local garden centre does it. My main concern is that the first ingredient is corn.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:47:13 AM »
all the rc I've tried has always gone down well - we have indoor longhair at the moment (furballs!) and everyone is eating that fine, in the past I've used light, sensible and usually fit 32 and they love them all - they won't eat any pah own brand dry  or arden grange or jw so its not just that they like dry

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Anyone tried RC Senior 27?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:40:16 AM »
I was looking into a soft kibble for the hedgies (I think hedgie kibble isn't much better than go-cat) and saw the ingredients and wondered if Alice might like it. Alice & Kylie have Hill's senior light at the moment but wondered if the RC might be better for them. As well as being soft kibble, it has glucosamine etc added.

Link to CatChat