Author Topic: Cam Cat show (small brag)  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Re: Cam Cat show (small brag)
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 22:16:02 PM »
Thanks folks, I am so proud of my girl no matter what snide comments the judges made. There's always other shows and other judges and we've got our next one to look forward to where Pearl's favouritest judge will be judging.  :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 10:57:34 AM »
Well done Pearl.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 10:54:42 AM »
Well done to my No1 girl  :Luv:

All I can say is the judges must have had an off day  :see:  :rofl: :rofl:

The stunning Pearl will always be  :1st place: in our hearts  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 23:32:33 PM »
Well done Pearl, you know you are a star no matter what stupid jduges say  ;D ;D

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 22:47:40 PM »
whitty im pleased you had a good day and well done pearl  ;D
i went to the FIFE cat show today and enjoyed it and met lotty and wonderful bibo baggins
i was a little put off by the way some people handled the way there cats didnt win , 1 lady stormed off stage in a right huff me and ho couldnt stop laughing , thing is it was a lovely cat but not the best and theres no need to be a bad sport ( she made a show of herself ) get it SHOW lol  :evillaugh:
one young lady won and started screeming and jumping about wi the poor kitten in her arms the judge had to tell her it wasnt a football match

we did enjoy it though , but not the smell of poo in the litter trays  :evillaugh:

well done perl
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 23:37:55 PM by COSMIC CREEPERS »

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Cam Cat show (small brag)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 22:22:37 PM »
I’ve just come back from a rather tiring and slightly trying day at Cam Cat, but most important, it was a good day out amongst friends and I got to show off my little girl.  :Luv:

Considering the really strong competition in the Household Pets section packed full of Supreme group and class winners and National winners, Pearl did very well. She picked up four seconds (including her Open) and a fourth in her classes, which included beating one of the group winners at last year’s Supreme. I am so very proud of my little girl because she was in with all the really big guns and held her own.  :Luv:

We very almost had a blue card day!  

But I can’t understand why one exhibitor cleared off in a huff, leaving her beautiful rosettes behind because her cat didn’t do as well as she’d expected him to.  :stupid:

The frustrating part of the day was the way the HP judging was carried out - Pearl’s open class wasn’t judged till three in the afternoon and the judge did not put the cats on a trolley to have a good look at them and really get to meet them. It was all rather perfunctory.  :thumbd:

And despite the judges all making a fuss of Pearl and be seen to be loving her to bits, remarks were overheard about her being a pedigree, which was a little disconcerting. Anyway, at the end of the day she is always going to be my very special little girl and other people’s opinion isn’t the be all and end all. I just wish for perhaps a little more tact on their part because no one can prove what she is or isn’t.  :mad2:  :brick:

Lastly, I just would like to mention the very kind stall holder who attended to madam’s litter tray accident while the hall was cleared for judging.

Link to CatChat