Author Topic: 3yr old neutered male looking for new home (Remaining with owner)  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 3yr old neutered male looking for new home (Remaining with owner)
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 20:53:54 PM »
Just altered the post title and checking it's changed  :)

:ok:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 20:57:20 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
Re: 3yr old neutered male looking for new home (Unknown Outcome)
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 20:43:36 PM »
lorotadine and certerizine mainly, ceterizine works well for me but doesnt combat the wheezing side of it, and nothing helps with my eyes feeling like ive had sand poured into them. my docs are useless to be honest, it took me ages to get them to try me on the ceterizine (excuse the spellings i cant remember how to spell them properly  :-[ ) i was on lorotadine for a while but it just didnt feel like it was helping much. i get terrible hayfever too so im on them for that aswell, along with nasal spray and eye drops. oh and the red light treatment thing for up the nose, not a great look while im using it but it does seem to help a little. my doc didnt say to rehome, but that i could avoid close contact with things im allergic to.

annoyingly, im super allergic to rabbits, moreso than any other animal i know of, cant even be in the same room as one, and what is it that mr dudley seems to be bringing home every day at the moment...yes, lovely chunks of very furry wild bunny rabbits. as if being allergic to him isnt enough, im now having to collect up his left over bunny drumsticks from the garden, thankfully he doesnt bring them in the house!

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 20:32:42 PM »
Hi Kel

Just out of interest, which antihistimines has you tried? I think the two main over the counter ones are loratidine and cetrizine hydrochloride.

I have allergies (fortunately not to animals) and I went in to anafalactic shock two weeks ago. My doctors have prescribed me with some stronger antihisitimes to carry with me at all times in case of a reaction. I will dig out the name and maybe you could see if your doctor thinks they would be worth you trying. I'm guessing your doctor may have already told you to rehome your cat to solve the problem but just say that is not an option :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 11:32:47 AM »
That's a shame  :( there's lots of info here on allergies and Petal Cleanse works well for some: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4837.msg74414.html#msg74414

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »
we are very attached to him, he came to us a week after we moved in in dec 2006. my girls have grown up with him being around, and all the neighbours love him too. hes terrified of other cats (including kittens  :-[ ), but show him a barking snarling dog and he wont bat an eyelid. hes definitely one of a kind. i just wish i wasnt so allergic to him, he tries to come for affection and fuss but it leaves me streaming, itchy eyes, wheezing, rashes, sneezes, and it can take hours to wear off.  hes not as bothered about fuss off my husband, or any guy for that matter, hes a proper ladies man which is unfortunate as my husband isnt allergic and will happily sit and stroke him and fuss him.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
Aww bless, I bet you're attached to him now too I know that if I ever move 2 of the ferals who are closest to us would have to come too.

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:10 AM »
its ok, i dont think anyone will want him anyway, he had no interest last time so i dont really see much point, the gorgeous mr dudley will have to stay here with us, hes over 4 years old now and hes been with us since he was 8 weeks old so hes used to the way things are. thank you for the offer anyway.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »
Would you like me to put back in needing home section?

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 08:34:41 AM »
hi, hes still with us, we had no interest in him so we have kept hold of him as i didnt want to put him through a rescue center if i couldnt rehome him myself. he is kept outside a lot to try to reduce the allergic reactions, although hes learnt how to open the back door and let himself in  :innocent:  he doesnt get the attention he loves but he seems happy and he is safe, he has his cat kennel outside to escape the elements if he needs to. if the right home came along i would still let him go as he loves to be snuggly with people which in this house he simply cant be.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 07:20:10 AM »
As there has been no update will move to sorted if there is any news please pm me  :thanks:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 3yr old neutered male looking for new home
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 13:03:16 PM »
Any news?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
 :Luv2: Awww, bless him he's a lovely puss and hope that he gets lovely, forever home very soon xx

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:00:11 PM »

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
3yr old neutered male looking for new home (Remaining with owner)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:55:19 AM »
ive come to the decision that i really need to rehome my 3 year old black and white boy. he is neutered,frontlined and wormed(will worm again before he goes as he is due) and was vaccinated all up to date but he was due 2/3 weeks ago and we simply do not have the money to get him sorted. he is extremely affectionate, and adores cuddles, hes a ladies man, he likes any attention but he prefers women. i cant get close to him to give him the attention he craves as i am allergic to him, my husband is rarely home so he doesnt get much fuss from him, and my daughters are always busy playing with their friends to pay him any attention. i take antihistamines but they have very little affect on my sneezing/wheezing/swelling up/itchy eyes.

he is 3 years old, he was born at the end of october 2006. he was neutered before he even set paw outside the door as we didnt want him roaming. he adores dogs, absolutely no problem there, but he is terrified of other cats. he once met one of my cousins kittens and he looked like we had shut him in a room with a rabid lion, and that was before he even came within 10feet of the hugely scary 10 week old visitor! he has been bitten twice on the tail which have led to abcesses, the vet said its him trying to run away from other cats which has led to them biting his tail/bum instead of anywhere else on his body.

hes great with kids, hes been around children from a few months old upwards. hes never ever scratched anyone, he kind of bops with his paws but keeps his claws in. if a child pesters him too much, he will just get up and walk off, no fuss. hes a very laid back cat. even when he was pinned down by my neighbours playful labrador he simply looked at me and meowed, no claws, no biting, no hissing, and when the dog was called away he got up and pottered off as if nothing had happened. he is the perfect cat (for someone with some spare money and no allergies)

he is an outside cat, but will use a litterbox if kept inside, he will sleep the day away on the sofa or in the sun, he isnt fussed. he does sometimes hunt and bring me home pigeons,rats and rabbits nicely killed and left fresh on the doorstep  :-:  but i just put them in the bin.

he is on dry biscuits and has the occassional wet food as a treat.

not sure what else to say really, he just needs a new home, preferably away from busy traffic as he has very little road sense. im not sure if he would ever accept being around another cat so prefer a home with no other moggies. not looking to get anything for him, just a good new home. he can come with a food bowl,cat carrier,outside cat kennel and his old litter tray too if wanted.

we live near gainsborough in lincolnshire.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 20:37:59 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat