Author Topic: LOST PURE WHITE MALE CAT GREAT BADDOW CHELMSFORD - HOME SAFE  (Read 18433 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: LOST PURE WHITE MALE CAT GREAT BADDOW CHELMSFORD - HOME SAFE
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »
sent you an email :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »
I think Ben feels his nose has most defo been knocked out of joint haha, Jerry has done another runner this afternoon arrgghh no doubt he will come back after his gallavanting at least he can find us now! yes I tried what u said and it seems to have worked! so thank u! yes I think Benny boy is stressed out with all the change he is lying on the bottom bunk feeling sorry for himself lol Im going to go up give him a kiss and cuddle! Ill upload pics of the girls and send u them can u send me an email that woiuld be brill and Ill attach pics to that some of them are really funny haha! still need to name them, yes I now have two cat litter houses large ones lol I hate emptying them yuk! I shove kitty shake n vac into the litter now as they ming badly!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2010, 10:22:06 AM »
Hi Gill,

1).  In answer to your question about car oil .... washing up liquid is the best stuff to get it off.  Just a tiny little drop rub in well and then rinse thoroughly!  I have found this is best done in the bath holding kitty by the scruff of the neck.  Also it's best to rinse using a jug rather than the shower ... cats really do not like showers!

2).   I would keep an eye on Ben ... he may be stressed out with the arrival of the girls (and his missing brother coming home).  He's gone from being an only cat to 1 of 4 now.  Cats tend to soil beds only when stressed .... it's their way of getting your attention and letting you know I AM NOT A HAPPY CAT!  The other reason may be not enough litter trays ... we usually recommend 1 per cat + a spare 1 ... However 5 trays is rather alot.  I would go for as many as you can without turning your house into a giant litter box! LOL.  This thread is well worth a read:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4916.0.html

3).  Did you get my email about how to deal with "cat pee"?

4).  If you want to send me piccies of the new girls I'll gladly resize and post for you.

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »
Yes I cant quite believe it either Yvonne and the hassle with the insurance company and garage they shoved it into has been really stressful:( not only that but I cant get around without my car as I have fibromyalgia so depend on it completely:(( I better get a courtesy car before tuesday as thats when the two boys have their pre op check up its been a mission keeping both in having a toddler who keeps opening the patio doors into the back garden! Ben keeps hissing at the kittens dunno why he came out a house that was overrun with cats and kittens! mind u he was attacked quite badly last week by a black and white cat and was really shaken to the point he scratched me to bits when I went outside to get him:( jerry is now bouncing around the livingroom thank god thot he was destined to life under the bed haha!! he was really wary of everyone and everything when I got him back home wee shame:( but now I can groom him and pick him up for a quick cuddle at least he is letting me handle him, I reckon another week and he will be hunky dory!! the kittens are absolutely adorable but it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who do not bother worming or de fleaing the poor wee souls, ben and jerry are older supposedly two but they look younger, they have never been wormed deflead chipped or anything by the previous owner think she used them as studs as she always seems to have white litters advertised:( sickening really and the price she was asking a kitten 100quid! each
terrible I dunno what these people think about (well obv the cash they make) well they have an excellent loving home here with me now and the life of riley! long may it continue, Im a bit fed up smelling cat pee at the mo! think its jerry but yesterday ben out the blue shat on my sons bed and he poo`s bigger than me!!! it was everywhere and stinking the place out! I dunno what came over him, so unlike him really:(( and then this morning I caught him squatting down to pee in my sons buggy! so neutering is not coming fast enough now lol x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2010, 08:15:30 AM »
Good morning Gilly - so pleased that Jerry is home

So very sorry about your car
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »
;DMorning Everyone!!!, well isnt it fabby news that I have Jerry back! Apologies everyone that Ive not been in touch but so much has been going on not just with Jerry (someone vandalised my car:( so now no car its in repairs in the garage:(( ) Jerry is coming out his shell a bit more now although still tending to hide under the downstairs bed! he is getting better though! I groomed him last night as he is still minging lol anyone any ideas how I can get car oil or car muck off his fur? he has some black patches on his fur that aint shifting! vets this tuesday with Ben and Jerry for pre op checks thanks god its not coming quick enough! and this thursday coming is neutering day all going well! oh just as Im typing this Jerry has decided to join me in the livingroom RESULT! I have two further new additions (sucker that I am) 2 new girlie babies!! I wish I knew how to add pics on here they are both completely adorable but Im toiling for names haha! one is a fluffball pure white with blue eyes and the other is white with light grey patches and beige patches on her both adorable! so funny with the older cats they keep hissing poor Ben is terrified of them dunno how as the house I took him out of is full of kittens galore! so my house now has four babies in it haha thiunk I better stop now think thats plenty to be pampering for the moment! my vet bills are going to be sky high! with all the ops, innocs and buying advocate for them all (I swear by advocate for cats n dogs haha) Im desparately needing to get out for a scratch post and toys but no car how annoying :( Ill keep you all updated this site has been fabulous so Ill keep coming on everyday as Ive thoroughly enjoyed myself and the advice has been diamond to me! thank you all so very vwery much I would never have found Jerry without you all helping me! xxxx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2010, 21:46:15 PM »
Great news  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2010, 00:36:16 AM »
So pleased he is home and hope the neutering will calm both down and stop the spraying  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2010, 23:05:16 PM »
I have had an email from Gilly to say that Jerry is back home Woo Hoo.

From Gilly ....

I got him home sorry Ive not been in touch but he has been out again twice thank god he found his way back! 10-11 days he was missing and he is very restless:(( he is also spraying all over the bedroom downstairs even although there is a cat litter house:(( still small price to pay as I have him back think its going to be a long haul settling jerry after his jaunt but I shall persevere, whereas ben is being an agel in everyway poss and is such a luvbug! jerry is too but I think its all been very confusing for him he is such a loving gorgeous boy as well, Im trying to get them both fitted in as emergency asap for neutering and microchipping.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: LOST PURE WHITE MALE CAT GREAT BADDOW CHELMSFORD
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 19:54:42 PM »
Any news?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 19:28:26 PM »
Excellent news he is still around  ;D the man could tie a line to his door handle. Have CP a trap to lend you? Fingers crossed hes home soon

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 15:54:54 PM »
Wish I was closer and could give you a hand trying to recapture Jerry.  Keeping my paws crossed for a positive outcome xx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 12:45:30 PM »
 :) Keeping fingers crossed you catch your gorgeous boy soon xx  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »
make sure that flea treatment is frontline cos bob martin is dangerous and doesnt work. worm treatment should come from vets as again over counter ones are useless! you can buy frontline at phsarmasists, some pets shops etc.

sorry bout typinbg have a cat velcroed under chin lol

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »
Thank you so much everyone!!! another sighting first thing this morning and another telephone call!! a man in number 60 Dorset Ave called me this morning, jerry was in his conservatory! (he leaves it open all night for his cat! ) so he is going to put some food down hope jerry goes back in and he will try and creep round and close the doors! Ill call cat protection see if they can lend me a hand, this morning jerry ran over to the marconi site so Im just getting the kids ready and breakfast and Ill drive round Im going to put ben in the carrier in the car and shove him down hopefully his moaning will attract jerry to us! I sure could use a hand as its annoying not being able to catch him:( I just want him neutered de flead wormed the works now, oh and microchipped, they are both such beautiful boys and once settled very loving mind u the bloody hairs that is coming off ben:( awful I could knit a coat of them haha! no more blood in his poo though and eating tons regularly! Im positive ben has fleas now so Im doing him today with spot on and I most definitely think both will have worms bloody shame! if I get jerry back this weekend it will be a trip to the vets for both beginning of next week to get all the treatments they both so badly need and they can recuperate together!! once again I cannot thank you all enough for helping me the support on here has been absolutely fabulous, Ive not really had my own cats before (Ive always had dogs!) so this has helped me no end and its kept me going through all the worry!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 19:39:14 PM »
Try giving the lady some of hois cat food and a dish and set up feeding times as suggested.............so many ways to go from hear but neighbours trying to garb him is not one LOL

Have a little meeting with them and work out a plan.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 19:21:50 PM »
Excellent news that he is still in the area.  I agree about asking your local Cats Protection if you can borrow a trap from them.  If he is eating bread at this lady's house maybe she would be happy to let you set the trap in her garden as he is obviusly hiding out there.

Good luck and hopefuly you will have your boy back home soon  :hug:

BTW ... he is gorgeous xxx
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 19:23:21 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 19:03:32 PM »
I dont know what kind of trap I can set??/

Hopefully you won't need one but if you're having probs then if you ring your local CP they should be able to loan you one and will explain how to set it  :) you may need to get the lady or one of her neighbours to do this for you.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 19:00:45 PM »
Glad you got some posters sorted, i wasnt up late enough last night!

It would be best if the neighbours stop trying to grab him and if possible set up a regular meal time, this will help keep him around. Can CP lend you a trap as they are nearest? A cat trap is a humane cage with spring loaded pedal, you bait with food and hope he goes in  ;)

Iv attached the pic of jerrys brother ben  :Luv2:

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 18:18:17 PM »
I dont know what kind of trap I can set??/

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 17:59:25 PM »
 ;D That's great news - maybe you'll have to set a trap if you can't catch him - best of luck anyway xx

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 17:44:35 PM »
Had a phonecall today!!! a sighting of jerry in Dorset Avenue!!! so he is most definitely still around no-one could catch him though he has been sleeping under a ladies shrubs! he is hungry and has been eating the bread she leaves out for the birds its going to be really hard to capture him I think as three of her neighbours have been trying with no success:( he must be absolutely terrified:(( I shall keep looking and keep trying to get him!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 16:15:51 PM »
Very best of luck xx  :hug:

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 15:57:42 PM »
Just to let you all know that I have put posters on every second lampost going up Dorset Avenue and surrounding going to do more tonight down the side streets (there are so many!) hopefully I shall get a reaction or someone will be in touch soon!!!!

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 07:17:37 AM »
Hi I emailed the pic to you and thank you os much I got the printer paper now to try and get a poster done and a load printed off!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 22:23:46 PM »
The Picture will need resizing to about 600 pixels on longest side......if you email it to me as an attachment I will resize for you

Will pm my addy

Gill

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 19:23:11 PM »
Ive been trying to fathom out how to get his pic on here then I tried and it said the pic was too big:(

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 19:22:25 PM »
aw thats really kind of you thank you I have a pic of his brother and he is the spitting image! I was just going to go to tesco and get printer paper whats ur email addy

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 19:18:01 PM »
Have you done posters/leaflets yet? If you post a pic i could make you one up and email it back to you. You can then add your contact details and print off
He could be camped in someones garden and they wont have a clue who to phone...

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 18:57:57 PM »
Yes I was thinking that:( he has lay on my bed all day hasnt eaten a thing hasnt drank any water Im beginning to get worried now:((

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 18:57:00 PM »
could be stress thats causing a problem

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »
It probably is the same place actually seemingly its been here for donkeys years!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 08:50:51 AM »
blood in poo isn't always serious, obviously it should be checked but often just a bit of irritation in the stomach and nothing to worry about

my mum's family worked for marconi in the war - wonder if it is the same place??

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 02:11:42 AM »
The reason I am so so worried is that the cats I bought were very thin in my eyes and I thought they maybe needed worming, after talking to the previous owner she hadnt wormed them, neutered them, microchipped them infact what from I can gather they have never even been innoculated:( tonight Ben has been extrem,ely distressed and keeps pacing the house, he only settles in my bed or my 7 yr old sons but most of the night he is up pacing and yelling, and I noticed he has done blood streaked poo:(( it stinks to high heavens so Im now assuming that they more than likely have a gut prob:( and if ben has it more than likely jerry will have it too so both need urgent vet treatment so I must try and find him fast:(((

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 01:39:17 AM »
youi dont have to be techie, write them out in capitals many times or get em photocopied...no need for picture with a white cat.................posters are top of the list for doing alond with door knocking.

Would take a carrier and some food with you when searching,

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 00:53:50 AM »
Lol, yes its the next opening down from where I stay! I`ve still not been able to get the posters done I am not techie minded:(( Ill keep trying till I get it right! I need him back asap as Ben is in sooo much distress its heartbreaking watching him pace the floors looking for Jerry:(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 20:43:08 PM »
Have a look at your road and area on google, it will let you see what areas may attract a cat

Iv taken a screenshot and put a red mark where i think the marconi is, pretty near! Any local people visiting there would be seeing it, obv i dont expect him to go for a social evening!  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 20:35:53 PM »
Not sure what or where the Marconi club is but I would definitely put a post up.  HE might not go there but I'm guessing people do and the more people that are looking our for your boy the better  ;)

Re: the pillow case .... I do agree with Millys Mum in that it might be difficult to get a cat into one but it's easier to carry round than a box.  ;)

Offline gillybabes_98

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 20:24:48 PM »
Yes the marconi club is still open! I dunno if he would get to there from dorset avenue as Im not really familiar with this area myself, for some reason Ive a feeling someone has taken him in dont know why:(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 19:16:12 PM »
Is the marconi club still open? Would be worth putting a poster up in there if it is.

Imo a pillow case can extremely backfire and not something id risk if one of mine were MIA, fitting a wriggling and fighting cat into a rigid box can be hard enough let alone a floppy sack, you only get one chance at getting a spooked animal

Link to CatChat