Author Topic: IT WILL COST TOO MUCH  (Read 5823 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: IT WILL COST TOO MUCH
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 15:02:04 PM »
well done on you for taking them ela but had to  :rofl: at your eventful weekend (sorry )

sounded like you had ah er busy time !!

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 13:19:39 PM »
Code: [Select]
She said that from next Friday things may change when the new law comes in
I bet she is great at pass the parce (sorry, buck)l. This is a matter of life and death and to ignore it is cruelty. Totally unbelievable logic. Let us delve into the realms of RSPCA inspector total fantasy for a moment. By the time the RSPCA deals with law changes it will at a date some time in the future not an instant response when  a certain date has arrived on the legal calendar.

Glad things turned better in the end
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 11:20:36 AM »
Fingers crossed for them Ela
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2007, 11:15:48 AM »
Phew, they have gone, my husband finally got to sleep about 5.30 am. First we put them in a cat pen, it is about 7' wide an 11' long and attached is a  large enclosed  sleeping area, We took them round the nearby country park hoping to wear them out, no such luck they whimpered and barked so much we thought we had better bring them in. Diesel and Bramble are about 5 month old but have absolutely no idea of how to behave at all; they are absolutely gorgeous but defiantly need taking in hand. My husband spent most if the night cleaning up weee and pooo, although he kept taking them in the garden, I know he did as every time they went outside the alarm (that tells us someone is in our garden) went off. The house across the road must absolutely stink. I am picking them up tomorrow taking for an MOT, worm, I also think one of them needs his anal gland clearing out (nice). I hope the puppies are not returned however if by any chance they have to be the RSPCA inspector has said she wants to speak with them. We are also compiling a list of what they need to do if the have them back. E.g. Chip, neuter, flea/worm at a regular interval. I am hoping the expense will frighten them off. I live in hope
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 08:52:43 AM »
I'm a bit confused ...but why would it cost anymore to come out at night than during the day?

Nope, not the petrol the manpower! It's likely that RSPCA staff that work at night get higher rates of pay. (Like when people work Bank Holidays and things I would think!) And they obviously can't be paying more now, can they?!

Glad the puppies are safe and well. Good luck getting the sisters dog signed over to you.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 08:12:42 AM »
what do you mean ela ?? are they at your house ?

Looking  after them until they can go to the farm later today. Nightmare, will explain later as I can't be on here as my husband has a couple of 2 hour sessions today and you have to watch them all the time, if we done we will be homeless. :Crazy:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 18:47:29 PM »
what do you mean ela ?? are they at your house ?

and also what type of puppies are they.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 18:24:10 PM »
Change of plan, they are here for tonight and going to the farm tomorrow, they are adorable Bramble and Diesel 

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 18:00:28 PM »
cc this is what i was on about  >:(
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=196192007    >:(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 17:29:39 PM »
Am glad to hear that.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 17:27:47 PM »
Maybe it could escape Ela.

Maybe someone should write a book about them and publish it, any suggestions for a title lol
Glad the pups are safe for now
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 13:41:52 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 16:56:33 PM »
We managed to contact the son and now the dogs are  out of the house, have been deflead and on the way to one of the fosterers who has a farm. Apparently one of the dogs is his and he wants it back some time and the other is his sisters who's in care and she does not want hers, so we are trying to get that signed over to us and we will try to find a way to keep the other.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 15:13:47 PM »
he works for social services.

A lot of people in Social Services do not want to know about the 1948 National assistance act or like to forget it exists as it costs them money.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 14:34:19 PM »
Jonty (the person ... not you doggie) would have known all about the rules and regs ... he works for social services.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 14:21:56 PM »
Just remembered about the 1948 national assistance act where social services must pay for a kennels in these cases. (Why did the RSPCA not think of this) Someone is now waiting for the emergency hospital social worker to get back to us.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 13:28:57 PM »
I'm a bit confused ...but why would it cost anymore to come out at night than during the day

Pass., I thought it was a 24/7 thing. Obviously I thought wrong.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 13:26:00 PM »
A while later an Inspector rang me and seemed most concerned and told me she would come out tomorrow (which is now today). She said that she could not come out now as obviously I understood that it would cost a lot of money for her to come out at night. There was me thinking that animal rescue was a 24/7 thing. How could I have got it so wrong.

I'm a bit confused ...but why would it cost anymore to come out at night than during the day?  Does petrol cost more at night???

I was also under the impression tht Animal welfare was a 24/7 thing ... silly me I should have known you only need care for your animals 9 - 5 Doh!!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 13:28:27 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 13:23:29 PM »
sorry if I was to have a rant about "you know who" I think I would be preaching to the already converted.

What a surprise post ;D

fuzziesdad

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 13:12:01 PM »
sorry if I was to have a rant about "you know who" I think I would be preaching to the already converted. >:(

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 12:08:37 PM »
Eww what was that about Lynn?

To be fair I think it is quite self explanatory :(
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:08:56 PM by Ela »

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »
Eww what was that about Lynn?

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 11:46:18 AM »
well i'm not suprised...if the police can lock a dog in a cell and forget about it for 10 days when the smell of decomposing body alerted them then why should we expect other profesional bodies to be much better  >:( >:( >:(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 11:31:34 AM »
I can't actually say what I think of htat, I think most of it would be altered by our sensor thingy!!
Please spay your cat

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 11:03:39 AM »
So as long as they are running about dehydrated and starving thats ok? So they will finally do something when there's no noise coming from the house and the dogs are seemed dead? Remind me what does RSPCA stand for again??

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 10:42:01 AM »
Said Inspector  has now come and said they will come back tomorrow, because someone is not watching the house 24/7 and they  don't know for sure no one has been, there is nothing they can do apparently the fact they the water pot is empty is not an issue.  She said as long as the dogs bark and are running around the house they will be fine. She said that from next Friday things may change when the new law comes in  >:( >:( >:( >:(.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
IT WILL COST TOO MUCH
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 04:21:23 AM »
2 puppies have been in a house for 5 days as the owner has been taken to a mental health unit. I only found out on Wednesday, after I noticed what I thought was a famous charities Inspector looking at the front of the house. (A couple of years ago I reported the family for not caring for birds and fish and they were taken away). Anyway apparently the Inspector told the neighbour that if no one had come  by Friday he would take the puppies. On Thursday the son of the owner came and gave the puppies water but did not let them in the garden. By last night no one had been again and the puppies are continually barking. I received a phone call from someone who lives miles away telling me about the situation and advising me that people  considering breaking in. (Someone who lives in a house opposite the back had reported it to the person who had rung me). I phoned the RSPCA again to ask what was happening and to say the son had been on the Thursday but not let the puppies out. I was advised it would be reported to the inspector. A while later an Inspector rang me and seemed most concerned and told me she would come out tomorrow (which is now today). She said that she could not come out now as obviously I understood that it would cost a lot of money for her to come out at night. There was me thinking that animal rescue was a 24/7 thing. How could I have got it so wrong.

Link to CatChat