Author Topic: ebay dismantled cat runs in northants - ends in a couple of hours....  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Karen-covcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • my babies
Some people have a second account so they can bid on their own items to up the price and i think she did this because shortly after auction ended i emailed her and said if sale falls through to contact me and she replied straight away saying they were still for sale!!!!!!!!!! :shify:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Maybe you should bid on a wheel barrow lol

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
welll,,,, just think its probably riddled with woodworm and ringworm to boot!

not to mention rotten to the core - I've already lost two cats from a rotting shed last year.

and do I really want to walk up to the top of my garden to deal with the cats (100m uphill carrying litter trays.....)

and I bet even if I had pens up there I still wouldn't get my no-cat study back..... :(
 :rofl: :rofl:

always look on the brightside...

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
oh well keep your fingers crossed you get a second chance offer cos the winner bidder was a newbie so might back out. Thats how we got our car we are picking up at the weekend :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Oh you lost then  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
lol, oh well too stingy by half me...... :evillaugh:

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
good luck ;D

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
ok ok......I'll put an offer in.....

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
If you do go for it thought id say ive got my big car if you need it or my help to collect!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Cash on collection  would also be better for her - no paypal fees!  Win win - you get to inspect before you buy it, she saves money on fees.  ;D  If its a good price go for it - there is nothing she can really do if you choose not to go through with the purchase.  Bids are supposed to be legally binding but if it isn't as described then she couldn't really do anything.

Offline Karen-covcats

• Adult Cat
  • my babies
I agree with sootyca as a buyer on ebayer you have the upper hand. You could always email her and ask her if you can pay cash on collection as you dont have a paypal account or cos your a charity or anything like that. Looking at her feedback she has not sold anything on ebay before so may just be new to knowing how collection items are usually paid. I dont know what cat pens cost but if thats a good price id go for it. At the end of the day if you won and then said you wanted to pay cash on collection she would probably accept as if she doesnt she has to relist it and wait another week to sell it and get charged again!!!
Usually people dont stick to it they just write it as everyone else has, i just won a car the other day and on the ad they wanted £200 deposit by paypal when ended which i havent been asked for and already spoke to them to arrange collection at the weekend!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
That's an auction asking for trouble!  Paying by Paypal and requesting collection only.  You should never take Paypal when advertising a collection only item as you have no proof of postage. 

As the buyer Angie you would be quite well protected. You would pay by Paypal, go and have a look at the item and if not as described then you would do a Paypal chargeback and should get the money back - make sure it is funded by Credit Card though just in case.  Alternatively if you would rather pay cash on collection you inspect the item fully before taking it away.  A well used scam would be to put in a "item not received" claim - seller can't prove that item has been collected so buyer gets money back.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
ebay dismantled cat runs in northants - ends in a couple of hours....
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 14:34:23 PM »
was thibkibg about bidding but didn't want to risk wasting the dosh if it turned out to be firewood but someone might be interested...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/cattery-used-5-runs-4-sleeping-compartments-/170482230674?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Cats&hash=item27b1886592#ht_500wt_957

Link to CatChat