Author Topic: Noob!  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Noob!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 15:38:04 PM »
 :welcome:
So sorry to hear about ^Tammy^

I have lost 3 to RTA so know what you are going though.

I think the fact that you are thinking about a new furbaby shows you are ready -
and also it is prob ^Tammy^ that is behind that thought anyway!

I say go for it !

Michelle xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 12:53:08 PM »
I've never waited too long, when we lots Bluto in 2005 he died on 21 November and we had our newbies on 5 December

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 12:06:47 PM »
Hi, so sorry about your loss. Always feel free to chat about it at Purrs. I've always allowed two months of mourning before thinking about another cat, but it's different for everyone. If you can give a cat a good home, then why not go for it.

Hope that we hear lots more from you.  :welcome:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 01:54:48 AM »
Hugs! RIP sweet Tammy!   It is so hard to loose our babys
 :welcome:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 22:10:16 PM »
WElcome to Purrs, sorry it is under such bad circumstances, but as the others have said, if you feel the time is right then go for it, there is never a wrong time to get another furbabe, and i think it is a fantastic tribute to them. Out of interest, what area do you live in, we might be able to direct you to a rescue
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 17:54:14 PM »
Hi Fleur and :welcome: to Purrs,

So sorry to hear you found us under such sad circumstances.  As Alex says the fact that you are thinking about a new furbabe probably means that the time is right to open your home and your heart to a new little friend.

I hope you enjoy the forum we are a friendly bunch and love chatting about our cats / our friends cats / cats in rescues needing homes / old cats / young cats ..... bascially CATS!!!!  :rofl:

Sam, Fox, Zephyr and Rossi
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 17:30:40 PM »
HI Fleur warm  :welcome: to Purrs

So sorry about your Tammy  :'( She will be on the bridge now with all our babes and will always be in your heart.
There are members including myself who have lost an adored babe in an rta and it's such a shock and so painful. We are here if you ever wish to talk about it.
You could never replace a babe, they will always be treasured but helping another in need when you are ready is a great tribute to your bridge babe.
To give another a chance at a loving home.

I'm sure there is the purrrrfect cat for you to be a slave of out there and wish you all the best finding her/him/them.  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 17:21:25 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

So pleased you found us, even in sad circumstances.

You can never replace a cat cos the always have a footprint in your heart  ;D

When you feel you are ready for a new feline in your life then is the right time and it sounds like you are there. Its amazing how our Purrs on the Bridge have a way of sending us messages and the right needy cat.

I was desperate for a new cat as soon as Kocka had passed to the bRidge but the bonding took quite a while, maybe cos Misa and Sasa had such bad pasts.

I am sure you will find the right Purr for you, where abouts do you live?

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 17:02:51 PM »
Hi Fleur  :welcome:. I would say that if your looking for feline company now then it's the perfect time to go out and find that special furry companion! I think Tammy would like to know that you have given a home to a little cat who needs you, and that you have someone to love the way you loved her. It's not replacing her at all, it's sharing out your love. Hope you find your new furbaby soon.
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline FleurDav

• Kitten
Noob!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 16:58:19 PM »
Hiya, I'm Fleur - stumbled across this site whilst I was googling Rainbow Bridge stuff.  I lost my black and white baby, Tammy, to an RTA in January, and I'm pining for feline company, but I'm worried that it might seem like I'm replacing my gorgeous Tams.  How soon is too soon?  Surely giving a new cat a home would be a good tribute to Tammy?

Link to CatChat