Author Topic: I'm new here so a big hiya to everyone  (Read 6318 times)

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Taz, Marvin, Monty, Merlin & DS RIP Tasha & Baldrick
Re: I'm new here so a big hiya to everyone
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2007, 13:32:56 PM »
Hiya, well Smokey was at least 17 when he passed, but he could have been older as my parents got him from a rescue place & he was full grown then.  I've never seen another cat like him, he was about the same size as a small terrier & really strong.  When he 1st came home, we made sure the house was escape proof & opened the box. There was a grey flash & we couldn't find him anywhere.  Found him in the morning in the kitchen as he'd shoved the microwave 6ins out of the way to hide behind it, lol.  Smokey & Robbie were like a tag team, unfortunately when Smokey passed, Robbie just couldn't understand it.  Although Robbie had another cat friend (Oscar) 6 months later Robbie followed Smokey & 8 months after that so did Oscar.  They'd all been together for years so i'm glad in a way that they're all together now.  Still miss the little darlings though & it upset my parents dreadfully, but they have 2 others now so it helps a little.  Edward & Wilma are gorgeous  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2007, 13:10:33 PM »
Awww Smokey is sooo handsome what age is he?

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2007, 11:10:19 AM »
Oh thanks, I will look out for the page  :thanks: What do you think of Smokey?  No it wasn't staged he used to sit like that most of the time, followed you everywhere, more like a dog than a cat,   :) he was such a handsome boy. 

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 11:01:26 AM »
Hiya, what's the story of Minimopsical?  Does anyone have a direct link, perhaps?  :thanks:

We'll be posting a page for Minimopsical for the cat show very soon. Teresa can tell you all about our wonderful little mascot, who is very special indeed.

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2007, 11:00:02 AM »
Hiya, what's the story of Minimopsical?  Does anyone have a direct link, perhaps?  :thanks:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 23:36:16 PM »
I can't seem to find one of Robbie at the moment, but I have one of Smokey, another favourite boy.  He was a mixed breed but the closest I could find is that he's the spitting image of a Korat, a Thai breed apparently.  This was taken at about 6am on my sister's wedding day, hence why it's been cropped, Smokey's beautiful, but me at 6am?  I don't think so  :rofl:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 10:11:34 AM »
Aaww  :thanks: Desley, that makes me feel much better, it's not till next month so we're ok just yet & I will get working on a pic of Robbie, cheers  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 08:18:19 AM »
Siou - dont worry about an anaesthetic on a 12 year old, she will be fine, just make sure they do pre-anaesthetic bloods, and you can ask them to put her on a drip if you like - we have had cats on here a lot older than that having dentals. Good luck, and would love to see a pic of Robbie.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 01:51:19 AM »
I'll reply tomorrow........I've got to go to bed as well, I'm knackered.......lol,  :hug: xxx

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 01:48:49 AM »
What kind of  :censored: goes out of their way to do that?  Unfortunately I know they exist.  I can just about understand people not liking cats, just about, but why not just scare them off?  No need to do them harm, hope you hired some big burly blokes to have a chat to your neighbour, what a  :censored: .  At least they were well looked after & loved by you while you had them, I think we just have to enjoy what time we have with them, it's always too short isn't it?  :hug:  You can't measure the joy & pleasure they give to you as all mine have done to me & still do.  It would be a sad & lonely world without them  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv: them all, time for a nap now I think  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 01:37:27 AM »
Awww Sue  :hug:  I lost Dylan, Nobby and Oscar a couple of years ago.......they were poisoned by my  :censored: neighbour.  I am still grieving for them and I still miss them like crazy especially Dyl......he was my baby and sometimes I wished I hadn't have been so attached to him.  He's the little one on my Avatar  :Luv:  :Luv: It literally broke my heart and some days I thought I would never get over the pain.  I can smile about the things he did now, he was such a little character.........the one thing I always think of when I think of him was his runny bum  :rofl:  He suffered with Colitis bless him and the New Year before he died, he'd wrapped himself round my neck as he usually did and went to sleep.  I woke up New Years day covered  :sick:  :sick:  I wasn't laughing then but I laugh when I think about it now......I loved him to bits, bum and all  :Luv:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 01:29:23 AM »
Robbie was 17 when he passed, Mum & Dad did their best for him, as he was really their cat, but truly I belonged to him.  He was 8 weeks old & I was 14  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv: at 1st sight, I think he initially adopted me as his Mum, right down to the kneading bit.  OMG the stories I could tell you about him, like when he went missing with pink eyeshadow & purple lipstick on to when he managed to open the little fridge & nick my Dad's steak for his tea (Mum rescued it cut the fang marks out & served it up, Dad never twigged  :rofl:).  Poor Robbs, towards the end his paws & face started to swell with water retension, took him to the vets got him injections which worked for a bit, he kept rallying for as long as he could but towards the end he had to be taken back to the vets as he had given up.  I saw him the day before & said goodbye as I knew he had already gone, he was just still breathing.  I've cried for him on & off for 4 years as I felt so guilty for not going to the vets with him, it's only in the last week or two that i've come to realise that he's happy & in a better place & has company & I know i'll see him again one day so for now I think off him & smile  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 01:12:28 AM »
I'm sure Tasha will be fine, the anaesthetics these days are a lot safer than they were.  Robbie sounds gorgeous  :Luv:  How old was he and do they know what caused it?  I've had my heart broken so many times by my lot, sometimes I wonder why I put myself through it  :Crazy:  I still cry over a few of mine that I've lost......they certainly pull on the heart strings  :'(  Some nights I sit thinking about them or when I lose another one and it sets me off, it's the worst thing you can do really but I suppose it helps with the grieving process as well.  I look forward to you posting a piccie of Robbie......I absolutely love Silver Tabbies  :Luv:  I had a Norwegian Forest cat here, he was a silver tabby.......he was so beautiful, I ended up rehoming him as I had little Bob in at the same time and he needed tlc where as Sisous had the offer of a fab home with a friend of a friend.......I still feel jealous that she had him.........lol

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 01:00:27 AM »
Hiya, just read though the posts, i'm really sorry about Pingu  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'( must have been dreadful for you & your son.  I'm glad Alfie's getting better though & he's beautiful.  Tasha's due at the vets shortly for a dental check so i'll ask him, although I do worry if she needs an ansthetic as the vet said she's around 12, ok not ancient but still.  You've got me worried now as Robbie (my angel) started eating his litter tray gravel about 3 weeks before he passed, but i'm sure it's nothing as serious as that.  If I find a picture of him I will post it, he was a beautiful silver tabby & i'll never forget him, something special my lad  ;D, never known a cat like him before or since.  Even now on occasion i feel as though Robbie's dropped in on me to see how i'm doing, makes me smile & cry at the same time when I think of him, Robbie, Smokey & Oscar rip boys

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 00:35:24 AM »
Quite a few of mine like curry but they deffo won't be even getting a whiff of it now  :'(  :'(  I didn't even realise Pingu liked curry but had an idea she'd eaten some as she'd been a little sick, the vet said she'd literally stuffed her face with it  :'(  :'(  I had to rush Alfie in the vets yesterday morning but luckily I think he's going to be alright.  He's still in the vets but hopefully can come home tomorrow  http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=3225.40  .........it never rains it pours  :Crazy:  I think I'd be worried about elastic bands as well, one of my cats Rosie is obsessed with anything plastic.......she doesn't eat it though, just spends ages licking it  :Crazy: I will mention it to the vet just in case it's a sign of something.  Good news is Katies babies are all doing fine......they are all sooooo cute lol
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 00:36:23 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 00:28:27 AM »
 :'( :'( I'm so sorry Dawn, I never thought about it that way, but fortunately Tasha only gets a small piece of whatever we're eating at the time & fortunately she's never shown a liking to curry which is now definately off the menu.  Her liking for elastic bands is bit worrying though, although I do make sure there are none for her to get hold off, nearly had a heart attack the 1st time I caught her, little monster.  Nothing worse than losing a babe,  I hope the other furries are managing to cheer you up  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 00:06:35 AM »
Hi Sue, just be careful on foods.........I sadly lost one last week as she stuffed her face with curry  :'(  :'(  That was the only reason they could give for her dying  :'(

http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=3053.40

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 00:01:35 AM »
 :thanks: Dawn, you know Tasha's a funny girl, she's ok with me, but adores o/h to the point of drooling & kneading, this is pretty funny to watch as o/h doesn't know where to look  :rofl:  Tasha's a junk food addict too, turns up her nose at fresh cooked chicken or salmon, but watch out if you have a pizza, kfc or chinese she goes  :Crazy: she also likes crisps & worse still elastic bands if she can get them  :censored: (obviously this is not allowed  :scared:) does anybody else have furbabes with strange appetites?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 23:22:13 PM »
Awww they are all lovely  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 15:53:37 PM »
 ;D Wilma

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 15:52:46 PM »
Here's Edward & Wilma  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 15:51:54 PM »
Hello all, I managed to get another pic of Tasha shown below, also there are 2 more of my Mum's cats Edward & Wilma.  Edward is a big friendly ginger boy especially when there's food about & the little black girl is Wilma (also v.friendly).  Both were rescue cats, Wilma is about 5 & has only been spayed just before she came to my Mums so lord knows how many litters she's had, poor thing, all is well though as they've made it to Mums.  Note to all cats looking for a home - turn up with a plaster on, crutches, in a wheelchair or just look plain sorry for yourself & your in  :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 10:10:25 AM »
WElcome to Purrs.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 10:06:41 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

Tasha is gorgeous and can't wait to see more pics of her  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 01:11:41 AM »
LOL, I promise I'll take some the next few days.  She hasn't really grown much, still very much petite but is still as gorgeous as ever  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 21:06:43 PM »
Hello Siou2 :welcome:
Shelby is a little beauty, maybe if you get on DD's case too she will hurry up and get some piccies of her.  The last time I saw Shelby was a year ago and I am dying to see how she has grown.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 18:32:08 PM »
As soon as I have chance, I'll update you on all.  The gorgeous Shelby is a little brain damaged girl that I have.....she's ginger and white and gorgeous  :Luv:  She was close to death's door when I got her in, the vets think she's had an infection that went into her brain.  She is blind in one eye and had to be syringe fed for weeks, she couldn't walk but slowly she managed to take a few wobbly steps.  The thing that concerned me though was if you stood over her, she would totally freak and just went flat to floor trying to get away  :'(  :'(  She can now walk reasonably well, doesn't panic as much and is a total love bug, I keep meaning to take some more pics of her for Lainey.  She is still brain damaged but knows when she wants food cos she doesn't shut up  :Luv:  :Luv:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 18:33:14 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 16:12:29 PM »
Hiya Dawn, i'm drooling over the pics, you'll have to tell me their stories when you manage to find a minute ;), was looking through the posts & a kittie named Shelbie was mentioned would really like to know about him of course this is when you have time with looking after the kitties

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 14:54:22 PM »
Yesterday was a busy day for me so my brain wasn't working  :-[  The fundraiser finishes today not last night......I thought yesterday was Friday  :rofl:  I've not had any auctions on for a while but really need to get one on there, I need more hours in the day me thinks  :Crazy: 

Glad you're finding your way round anyway.......why do newbies always find it sooooo confusing  :rofl:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 14:45:58 PM »
Hiya Dawn, i'm getting there slowly  :rofl: & yes I am Tashas' dutiful slave, by the way did you win?  Also do you still have photos on a well known auction site?  Not sure if i'm allowed to mention names  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 13:49:42 PM »
Hi Sue  :hug:  Hope you've managed to find your way round now  :evillaugh:  :rofl:  I have to agree Tasha is gorgeous  :Luv:  :Luv: I'm sure you'll love Purrs, everyone is so friendly  :shify:  ;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 13:43:09 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

Tasha is gorgeous and sounds like she has got you well trained  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 13:36:37 PM »
Hello all & thankyou for the welcome, hope you like the picture of my Tasha, beautiful isn't she?  Wasn't always so Tasha came to me 6 years ago after being a stray & fortunately she had found her way to my Aunt's but it wasn't working out as she has 3 furbabes of her own & Tasha was beating them up.  So I was lucky enough to have Tasha come to live with me, she has gone from being a long thin streak to a long large girl of about 12lb, Tasha doesn't allow me to have any other cats & she rules my life, but I love her to bits & wouldn't have it any other way!!! :rofl:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 13:20:45 PM »
Hello and welcome ;)

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 13:18:16 PM »
 :welcome:Hello from a fellow newbie
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 13:13:31 PM »
Hi Siou  :welcome: to Purrs   :)

Hope you enjoy and if ya need any help just holla  :)

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 23:58:10 PM »
Erm sorry guys, I only meant for a picture the size of everyone else's, don't know what i've done there  :-[  :-[
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 13:10:54 PM by Tan »

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 23:55:24 PM »
Hiya, thanks for the welcome & here's a better picture of my owner (hopefully),  :shify: lol

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 13:10:33 PM by Tan »

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
I'm new here so a big hiya to everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 19:23:19 PM »
I'm new here so a big hiya to everyone  ;)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 13:10:05 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat