Author Topic: Another escapee Catchatter  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Another escapee Catchatter
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 06:37:29 AM »
Lovely photos Helen  :Luv: :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline sweepster

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 22:52:08 PM »
Ta muchly  ;D A few more pics...

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 07:07:32 AM »

Hi Helen - lovely to read your post and to see your beautiful furbabes  ;D   Florence is just wisely banking up against an other hard winter, bless her.  ;)  Sweep looks like yer typical "nortie tortie" and Emily looks like a deep thinker.  Welcome to Purrs to all four of you.  :welcome:

Offline sweepster

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 22:25:43 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Must send my invisibility cloak to the dry cleaners...  I spent several days reading through about 7 pages of posts on the Rescue & Rehoming section  :Crazy:  Very interesting to see the perspectives of those who are deeply involved in rescue.

Florence says compliments are all very well but you can't eat them.

:thanks: for the welcomes!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 21:40:40 PM »
Hi there!  :)

I've seen you buzzing around here but never posting.... thought you were from the Inland Revenue at one point.  :evillaugh: Glad to see you have broken your silence.  :naughty:

What lovely puds you have!  :wow: Florence looks a bit self conscious, bless her. Tell her good things come in ample packages!  ;) :briggin:

Anyway... have fun.  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 17:54:18 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, many of us are on the CC lists  ;D

Your caqts are just stunning  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 14:21:18 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, sweepster: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 14:15:04 PM »
Hi there and  :welcome: Helen
great stories about your cats and photos would be lovely! I'm another CC Top Catter btw  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline sweepster

• Adult Cat
Another escapee Catchatter
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 13:59:01 PM »
Hi,

I'm Helen - I've been tarting around Catchat for a while now and am also one of their volunteer writers for the Top Cat section.
I'd like to introduce my furry rabble...

Sweep will be 4 years old in May.  She was the tiny runt in a litter of 7 feral kittens in the Leicester RSPCA shelter.  Apparently she had got herself wedged in the chimney part of a plastic cat bed/dolls house they had in their pen, which the staff had to saw apart to retrieve her - so we felt it necessary to call her Sweep.  She came to live with us at 12 weeks old, and apart from a rabid dislike of strangers (and even the OH on occasion  :evillaugh:) and a propensity for getting herself locked in various neighbours' garden sheds, she's just about perfect  :Luv2:

Florence also came from Leicester RSPCA, as a 4 year old 'stray'.  She had, in fact, been found to be microchipped after she was handed in, but her owners decided that they didn't want her back  :shocked:  She now around 7 yrs old and an affectionate, if rather swipy, furry heffalump of a cat.  She has ongoing 'issues' with her weight, probably partly in consequence of being kicked out and having to scavenge for food.

Emily is almost 3 years old and came to us from Cats In Need, a small rescue in the Nuneaton/Hinckley area, at about a year old.  She was one of a pair of female feral kittens which a woman was apparently duped into buying for her young daughter.  The family were unable to cope with them and eventually handed them into rescue.  Emily's sister was rather dominant and remained very aggressive with humans, so the fosterer decided to try separating them; Emily became much easier to socialize after this, while her sister was rehomed as a feral/outdoor cat.  Emily is skittish but very affectionate, and is determined to master the art of catching flies... one day...  :innocent:

Link to CatChat