Author Topic: Sometimes I despair  (Read 1604 times)

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
Re: Sometimes I despair
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 08:54:37 AM »
Our first (and only  :() Christmas ith Luna, I did pretty much all of my Christmas shopping online. One day a huge parcel arrived full of goodies I had ordered and once I had emptied the box, Luna laid claim to it. I didn't have the heart to take it away, so we ended up keeping this giant box in the middle of the living room right up until her death the following April. She loved that box! She bury herself in all the tissue paper at the bottom and then explode out of the box on unsuspecting passersby. She even caused the mother-in-law to spill tea down her jumper, such was her surprise! :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 22:58:50 PM »
Love the pic of Haggis   :Luv2: :Luv: :hug:- welcome to purrs and don't be shy of putting photos on - we love 'em.

Lovely photos of Clapton Mark.  :Luv2:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
Clapton spent most of his time in the bedroom last year, but when Willow became really ill, she spent more time in there so Clapton decided to find a new spot. Despite the dozens of cat beds, human beds, sofas etc, he chose the hard wood floor in the dining room  :Crazy: (under the radiator  :shify: ) as a temporary thing, I put a large cushion down and ordered yet another bed to replace it with. He refuses to use it. First I put the bed in place of the cushion but he found the cushion (I had just moved it to the middle of the room) and slept on that  :Crazy: - I put the cushion back with the new bed next to it - no luck - then I tried putting a worn jumper in the bed to encourage him to use it. Several months down the line and.............

It is covered in fur and in need of a wash, but as he spends at least 99% of his time there, I haven't got the heart to remove it.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:22:59 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline McHaggis

• Adult Cat
  • Haggis & Rosie
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 10:31:22 AM »
 :gpoint:
I understand exactly what the little monkeys do . Having spent a fortune on cat toys and furniture I am amused if not a little bewildered that Haggis much prefers to chase scrunched up tin foil around the kitchen for hours. (although he loves the turbo track too).  :lol2:

A cat makes all the difference between coming home to an empty house and coming home :) :) :)

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 19:06:49 PM »
My washing basket with what was clean washing in a few years back was first claimed by Misa, then by Franta and followed by Ducha.............Its very very furry and dont even know what is in there any more  :rofl:

I have a radiator bed for Ducha who last year slept in it but now sleeps in it lying on the sofa upstairs ............sigh

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 14:21:01 PM »
My older sister is having some home improvements done and gave my mum a couple of chairs to put on Freecycle. Blossom has laid claim to both chairs, so my Mum doesn't have the heart to give them away.  :Luv: I still have a long woolly cardigan I call "Tobys cardigan" because he slept on it a lot when he was with us.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 13:12:33 PM »
The moment a plastic bag hits the floor my Elvis on curled up on it!  :innocent:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:25 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl:  I think we can all say we despair at a very similar story to that and we will never win.

I dropped some tissue paper on the floor the other day when I was taking a new blouse out of the bag - Bonnie sat on it for ages and ages and ages - it's still there for her now, I don't have the heart to take it away.  :Crazy:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
Sometimes I despair
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 00:22:36 AM »
When we got Pepsi I bought her a hooded lovely bed from work, plus a radiator bed from eBay. She decided to sleep on the top of the sofa and has flattened the back down a bit to make a little nook. I've tried putting cosy fleeces and scarves (she loves scarves  :Luv: ) and cushions in the little sleeping nook to make it more warm and cosy but come downstairs in the morning to find she's decided to sleep somewhere else. However, one day I slung OH's dressing gown on the back of the sofa and she's made a little nest out of it, which means that OH can no longer use it and it's absolutely covered in cat hair  :evillaugh: . I also put one of our scraggy thin cushions on the back of the other sofa the other day while I was tidying and she's completely claimed that too, she sits on it all day and is currently curled up asleep on it, despite it being blanaced precariously on the corner. Well, I guess if it's what she likes.....  :innocent:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Link to CatChat