Author Topic: Hooded litter tray  (Read 5717 times)

Offline dizziblonde

• Adult Cat
Re: Hooded litter tray
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 18:33:17 PM »
I have to take the door off hooded tray for the tripod to be able to get in and out easily, but just have a bog-standard Pets at Home jobbie - the cover's more to stop me walking into the litter when walking around barefoot at night with the lights off to be honest!

As for litter tray liners - never used them, what I do do is chuck the local free paper at the bottom of the tray as I found it removed the whole "having to scrape stuck on litter off the bottom of the tray with only a carrier bag between your hand and it all" experience - and, with the quality of what's in our local free paper, it's a fair statement on the quality of the journalism in there. I also have a sign on the door at the moment warning any party election leaflets will be used for the same way as well - has reduced the barrage of political propaganda no end!

Trying to type with a cat determined to lie across your arms on the computer keyboard isn't easy.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 13:43:37 PM »
there must be someone at battersea suitable (I did read you were being homechecked didn't I???) they were overrun only a few weeks ago

Offline isabella

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 13:10:16 PM »
The cat we were going to foster has sadly passed away. RIP little Timmy. So we're looking to rehome from a shelter now. Some things are never easy are they.

Offline isabella

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 20:38:39 PM »
Wow, that is crazy! Looks nice though...

Re the liners, I wasn't planning on using these as liners per se, more as Mark suggested so I can use them to scoop out the, urm, solid leavings quickly. In my experience they tend to rip and tear when the kittys scratch about, so they're not ideal really. The lady gave me two full packs of liners, i rekon she found the same!

Milly's Mum, one of the cats we were hoping to foster has actually been taken, so waiting to hear from the pther one and fingers crossed we'll hear from them soon!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 18:51:29 PM »
Good idea to foster isabella  :wow: good luck finding your first charge  8)

Offline KC

• Adult Cat
  • Esme
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 11:23:15 AM »
It is extortionate, but cool and an extra place to sit. Think I'll get out the tools this weekend...

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »
 :Crazy:

Note mad cat lady in shawl  :evillaugh: (you would have to be to spend that much on a litter tray  :evillaugh: )

tbh, I would rather know if there is something in the tray that needs dealing with. I would hate the idea of my cats having to step in their own mess. We certainly know if Alice has been  :sick: - I keep a supply of Wilkinsons medium food bags. They are really big so they are easy to use like a glove to pick solids up. I tie the bag and bin - done!  :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:04:08 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 10:53:43 AM »
That is cool. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline KC

• Adult Cat
  • Esme
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »
I want Santa to bring me this one:

www.kattbank.com

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 09:26:33 AM »
tray liners are often best avoided

I actually agree - they seem to make more mess rather than less! ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 08:48:42 AM »
tray liners are often best avoided

Offline isabella

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 23:51:04 PM »
Thanks for all the advice, it's been really appreciated!

I actually managed to get a cage, hooded litter tray, deep uncovered litter tray, tray liners and a few other bits and bobs from a lady on freecycle, who's cat had just passed away. She really is a wonderful woman and it solves the problem so easily.

now just to hear back from the few people who have golden oldies to foster and we'll see what happens!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 08:31:58 AM »
That looks great but it actually looks quite small and I don't think many cats would like the steps.

I have this one.  It's seriously big.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter_litter_boxes/hooded_litter_box/19586

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 21:07:18 PM »
You have to remember that some cats dont like closed in litter trays, some will use them if door is taken off but every cat is different.

My misa is too big for a closed in tray also  :rofl:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 19:08:54 PM »
No offence, Isabella, but that's the most bonkers thing I've set eyes on for a while.

I've seen these before and thought exactly the same - just making extra cleaning too for yourself too  :tired:

I prefer open trays, simpler the better for me (and the cats  ;) )

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 16:26:33 PM »
Tescos extra have a standard type one on sale for around £8. I liked that too, but I'm not sure it would actually make much difference.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 14:15:12 PM »
The Marchioro ones are good. PAH used to sell them but now sell the Clean "n" tidy one which is quite small but still OK. (also only £10)

This is the marchioro one. I always remove the flap and don't bother with the filters. I always bag the "solids" straight away. No filter in the world would disguise Alice's leavings  :evillaugh:
http://www.valupets.com/pets/litter-trays-and-cat-loos/katloo-bill-2t-*-anti-slip-feet-*-2-filters/20142.html

I bought my Marchioro ones in PAH and one of them is 5 years old and still going strong.

Cats Best OKO is great litter as it is clumping organic wood chips. I wouldn't use anything else.

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
No offence, Isabella, but that's the most bonkers thing I've set eyes on for a while. Look at those ickle stairs!  :rofl: :rofl:

PAH usually do an adequate hooded tray.  ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »
I use the normal pets at home ones - to be honest if the tray is cleaned regularly it shouldn't smell

Offline isabella

• Adult Cat
Hooded litter tray
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 12:10:05 PM »
Hi everyone,

What hooded litter trays could you recommend? I would love one with odour filters.

I've seen this tray but how much??? It has got a cool little stairway to get into it that's apparently meant to reduce litter tracking but no idea if it works.

http://www.ideas-4-pets.com/booda-cleanstep-litter-box-pearl-ppp-p-3514.html

Thanks!

Link to CatChat