Author Topic: Loving and safe home needed for Siamese boy - Hampshire (Homed)  (Read 7817 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Loving and safe home needed for Siamese boy - Hampshire
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 17:16:21 PM »
I was about to post a similar thing. I had lunch with Sharon today and she said she would like to get a boy Siamese as company for Bella - who as we know is very laid back. As Julie (and Christine and Kirst  :evillaugh: )  & I know, where Sharon lives is cat paradise. No roads and plenty of parkland to play in if/when Charlie regained his confidence under Sharon's care. Sharon's cats have been safe there for 14 years as has her brother's cats nearby, including Jesiri who recovered from a broken pelvis.

btw Dave - Sharon is not only an experienced Siamese owner, she is also the homing officer for our branch (Canterbury) of Cats Protection. It would be great if this worked out  :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 17:23:51 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 17:00:45 PM »
...and Julie,  :shify:

Someone we both know via this forum - very experienced and dedicated Siamese owner - lost her beloved boy last week and I know she would not turn away from another needy Siamese... and I believe in fate, kismet, signs from higher beings etc.  :innocent: But she still has an elderly female so maybe it's all just a nice idea but no more than an idea in MY head.  :tired:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 16:50:18 PM »
Oh wow! Charlie is so lovely. :Luv: Welcome to Purrs, Dave....and Julie,  :shify:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 16:47:06 PM »
Hi, Dave!  :welcome:

Charlie looks adorable and won't be waiting long I have no doubt.  :)

Are you absolutely certain Charlie would not settle with one other cat? Say an elderly and very chilled out one?  :shy: I have a reason for asking but it's a long story.  :shify:

Offline Dave_s

• Kitten
Loving and safe home needed for Siamese boy - Hampshire (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 16:26:45 PM »

Can you offer Charlie, a very affectionate 5 year old Siamese boy a loving and safe home?

Charlie has had a bit of a rough time recently. In January of this year he was attacked by a dog and despite being quite badly injured he managed to make a full recovery.

Understandably though, this has left him extremely fearful of other animals and he gets quite anxious if they are in the house. As a result of this Charlie would have to be re-homed as an only pet.

With no other animals to worry about Charlie is quite possibly the most loving cat I have ever known and wants nothing more than to give bucket fulls of love. His favourite place is purring away on your lap or cuddled up next to you on the bed. He loves sitting on the window sill watching the world go by (or cat TV as I call it!!) and will play for hours with his toys. He really is a very gentle and chilled out fella.

Charlie has a bit of a sensitive tum and so can only be fed Royal Canin Sensitive 33 otherwise he has a tendency to be sick. As long as he is fed the Royal Canin he is absolutely fine.

Charlie has had quite a few of his teeth removed due to having Calici early last year. Since receiving treatment Charlie has had no further teeth or gum problems.

All of Charlie’s Vaccinations are up to date and he is also microchipped. When being vaccinated Charlie does not require the Leukaemia part as he acquired the antibodies against this disease as a kitten, which means he can never contract it. The vet says this is extremely rare.

Due to his anxiety about other cats and dogs it may be best if Charlie is homed as an indoor cat. He has been used to going out in the past but for the first few months at least it would be best for Charlie to learn to feel safe in his environment before seeing how he would get on outside.

Although he may well end up being an indoor cat I can not re-home Charlie to anywhere which is near a busy road. And I would prefer to do a home check before agreeing to re-home.

Charlie is with me at the moment just south of Basingstoke in Hampshire.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 20:17:00 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat