Author Topic: New member Introduction  (Read 1999 times)

Offline lizzy stell

• Adult Cat
Re: New member Introduction
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 20:58:39 PM »
Hello wellcome to the forum i have just joined and its brilliant,i have had some wonderful advice so far.enjoy it you feel part of a group that as the same love for cats as we do.your cats are wonderful. :welcome: :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 18:42:38 PM »
Hi Tina - welcome to Purrs to you and the Beautiful Beau (He's stunning!) and to your gorgeous little red boy who is sooooo appealing there could've been a bit of cat napping going on  :shify:  :car: but you're clearly hanging on to him!   ;D  You gotta watch us - when we takes a fancy to such wonderful puds all sorts of plots and plans take place on forum for cat-napping.  :evillaugh:  I have a (if I say so meself) ratehr handsome ginger and white boy called Paddy, who is an elderly codger gent of 19.  That's him in my avatar.   :Luv:

Hope you really enjoy having a good look round the forum, and make new friends - furry and otherwise.  :welcome:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 17:01:05 PM »
:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Your cats are absolutely stunning, those photos are excellent  :wow:

What a lucky boy Harry/Dewey is to be saved from the jaws like that - I bet your boys are over the moon with their new family member  :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 15:22:54 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Tintail: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D

Well done for rescuing Dewey (or Harry).

By the way, the approvals committee was intrigued by your user name.  Is it relevant to your OH being in the armed forces (you don't have to answer this, by the way  ;))?

Edited for grammar.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 15:27:34 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 14:00:42 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Your boys are gorgeous and I think it's safe to say Beau is a blue point siamese.  Lilac points are a lot lighter in colour.  Beau is stunning .... gorgeous eyes  :Luv2: :Luv2:  As for your little Ginger man ... goo djob you were there in time to save him from the dogs .. he is also a bit of a looker isn't he  :Luv2:

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 13:37:06 PM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Your furry family sound gorgeous, and from the pics so far they most definitely are  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 13:10:26 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs Tina,

:Luv: :Luv: gorgeous photos and well done for rescuing the poor little kitty.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tintail

• Kitten
    • My Photography Site
New member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 13:04:49 PM »
Hello!
My name is Tina and I am the proud owner of a Blue or Lilac (we haven't agreed on which exactly lol) Siamese and a little red tabby.
Our Siamese, Beau, will turn 6 this July and will always be my first "son". I got him during a particularly difficult period in my life (hubby was deployed, I was alone, I was recovering from an accident and I was just getting to walk again) and he has been my companion ever since. He truly acts more like a dog than a cat and he is really intelligent :)

In 2005 we became parents to twin boys and although Beau has been great in his role of a cat for an adult, he is really not into children. He is really tame and calm but he won't allow the kids to touch or play with him at all.

Then two days ago the boys (now almost 4 1/2) and I were getting out of the car when we saw two huge stray dogs playing tug of war with a kitten!!
I managed to extract the kitten from the jaws of the dog and he seemed really scared but in one piece which was confirmed after a well check visit to the vet.
He is 6 weeks old and we are still debating the name. It will either be Harry or Dewey (after the famous library cat). The boys are leaning towards Dewey.

So this is our newest member:

And this is our lovely Beau Hugs.

I am looking forward to meeting you all and your cats.
Have a wonderful day
Tina
Tina, mom to twins John and Cody (4 1/2)
Furmom to Blue Siamese Beau Hugs (almost 6) &
Classic Red Tabby, Merlin Luckycharm (6 weeks - rescued from the mouth of a stray dog!)

Link to CatChat