Author Topic: What's the quality of Gourmet Perle food?  (Read 2483 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: What's the quality of Gourmet Perle food?
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »
 :P :P :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You know what I mean though  :rofl:

I only buy it every week - how am I supposed to know the name??  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 23:15:05 PM »
The tins are called gold, the pouches perle?  :Crazy:

ETA - I went to Sainsbury's this morning and it is £3.50 in there as well - Gourmet Gold tins that is  :evillaugh: (mine don't like them - I am still getting through the last box from when I got about 10 boxes in Tesco last year when it was £3)

Webbox are 2 for £1.50 as well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:14:17 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 22:49:21 PM »
Called in to Morrisons on the way back from my mum's today and Perle is £3.50 a box of 12 tins.  Got 4 for my Bonnie.  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 19:14:18 PM »
Its not amazing quality but imo its better she eat some wet and less dry so if she likes it then let her and cut some biscuits out!
Did she just have routine bloods or was she ailing? Fingers crossed for her next tests

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 14:07:04 PM »
I checked the Purina one and it is only 4% the same as Gourmet, Whiskas or Felix. Christine gave me a few to try when Willow was ill and I know she loved the Schmusy and it is 82% meat & meat byproducts http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/schmusy/37434

I noticed that Zooplus min order for free delivery is now £19  ;D - I think I will order some  :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 14:11:04 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 14:05:39 PM »
my amber is loving the whiskas grilled and she is very fussy!

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 14:04:49 PM »
 :rofl: Yep, my other half despairs!!! I've tried all the other brands and I KNOW that she was on Kitekat and Asda biscuits in her old home (she was handed in due to soiling in the house) and then her fosterer started her on Science Hills and her expensive tastes started there!!!

Hmm, might try Whiskers Grilled as if she doesn't like it I can always give it away  :doh:

Having said that i'm too soft and just like to see her happy (if that's possible on her tortie face!)
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 13:59:19 PM »
Rightly or wrongly I've never gone by what't in the food just if the cat likes it.

My 1st cat Tibby lived to be 26 and she only ate pilchards in tomnato sauce.
Up until Smudge went missing and then I found him dead he always ate tinned tuna and he was 13.
Bonnie prefers Gourmet and I buy it cos I don't have to throw any away - she also has the odd sheeba and PAH own make and Aldi own make but I throw some of them away.
I tried Bonnie on the new Whiskers Grilled the other week and it looks like Gourmet and she ate every bit of that - I got 10 boxes at Asda while it was £2 a box - now it's about £3.80.

I bet you spend more time down the pet food aisle in the supermarket than anywhere else  :rofl:

Good luck.

Mary

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 13:54:13 PM »
i've spent a fortune trying to get my lot on high quality food and I've tried pretty much everything that zooplus and pets at home can offer bu the bottom line isy they like whiskas and felix so that is what they get

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 13:52:09 PM »
Hehe! Thanks Bonnie!!!!!!!!

I'm kins of of the opinion that I know there's better food out there, but for my cat's happiness and my sanity I tend to give in. Many many cats live on supermarket food and are perfectly OK although i'm always willing to try things!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 13:44:26 PM »
I know this doesn't help but Bonnie says.................................. yummy yummy yummy to Gourmet  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 13:44:56 PM by maryas »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 13:29:30 PM »
Purina one wet was on offer in Sainsbury's - £4 instead of £5 a box but I'm not sure if the offer is still on.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 13:00:34 PM »
Hi Mark - ill have a look at those other foods!

Katie can definately smell when i've put the Senilife in it and I have to put it in with a whole pouch and just leave it till she eats it! I tried putting in over dried and she wouldn't touch it and there'f no way i'm putting it straight into her mouth - I prize my fingers too much!

J

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
Quality-wise, I don't think it is any better than Whiskas or Felix. You could try Schmusy from Zooplus. Also Purina One wet is very similar but with a higher meat content - 14% of named flavour I think. How do you give Katie her Senilife? - I tried mising it in Alice;s Salmon and she won't touch it. She happily eats it with her glucosamine mised in though.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:44:26 PM »
My Bungly (RIP) used to love this -only the chicken flavour though - also Smartie and Sophie like it and have a few sachets a week (along with Whiskers supermeat and RC Sensible)
FiFi won''t eat hardly any wet food only Sheba chicken and Winston only likes Felix pouches in regards to wet food and the Sheba tuna and shrimp one.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
What's the quality of Gourmet Perle food?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 12:29:19 PM »
Katie has had some funny results from her recent blood tests (high liver count whatever that means!) The vet doesn't seem to concerned and she's being re-tested in a month. They did suggest that she lose some weight though just to help in her general health  :evillaugh:

She used to free feeding on PAH own brand dried food and i've been reluctant to feed her wet food as she ALWAYS licks the gravy/jelly and leaves the chunks. Anywho, I got some of the Gourmet Perle

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/gourmet-perle-adult-cat-food-with-beef-chicken-rabbit-and-salmon-85gm-12-pack-14655

and she loooooves it! I'm feeding her around 1 and a half pouches and a wee bit of dried food. The only thing is that i'm not sure just how good this food is for her. I've tried the really high meat content food and she's just so picky!   :tired:

Should I just accept that if this is what she likes then it's best just to leave her be and get on with it? She does have the supplement Senilife as well which has lots of B vitamins and oils in it...

... any suggestions of food that's a better quality but the same texture??!! Or whether this food is really crappy in terms of quality!

Link to CatChat