Author Topic: Origin of breeds - fun  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Origin of breeds - fun
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 15:39:40 PM »
 :rofl: : :rofl: So true
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Origin of breeds - fun
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 15:23:42 PM »
Found this posted elsewhere and it tickled me so I thought I'd share

How did we get the breeds we have. You will here many stories, but here's the REAL scoop  Add to it as you see fit

Aby - original cat was supposed to be all one color, but someone left the paint brushes out and the aby walked over and under them - so all abys now come out with ticking from the splatters of paint.

Burmese - was originally an all white cat, however, a baker left the oven open, the cat jumped in and by the time the baker found out, the cat had turned to a nice shade of brown; all kittens were born brown from that point on.

Cornish Rex - since they originally were barn cats, the cats shared the barn with a flock of sheep and one nite the sheep rolled over the cat. The resulting waves were created and the kittens came out wavey from the one cat.

Devon Rex/Sphynx - we all know they really are from outer space aliens - two races - one with a pixie head, the other alien was from a very hot planet and had bald heads/bodies.

Ocicats - the swiss cheese mice got together and poked holes all over an aby (with the paintbrush coat) and the kittens came out spotted like swiss cheese.

Persians - we all know the cats are born with normal faces. Persian breeders secretly take the kittens and keep pushing them into doors till the face flattens out.

Siamese - one black cat got caught between two doors and while trying to get out, the body became skinny and the color ran to the head, feet and tail - resulting kittens had all the color drained to the ends.

Link to CatChat