Author Topic: Mum and kittens now in our care  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Feral Cat Welfare

• Adult Cat
Re: Mum and kittens now in our care
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 08:41:36 AM »
Hello Lucy and Neo

It must have felt really strange to have read about little tabby boy Neo - I've rescued hundreds of cats and kittens while involved in rescue work over the past 11 years and have called none of them Neo - the name was just waiting for this little boy.  He's coming along beautifully.  He'll now come out of his bed to chase and play with some string although he's always ready to dart away if there's a sudden movement or sound.  His lovely sister is still too nervous to think about playing but she does love to watch Neo in action.  I'll take some more pics today to show you all how lovely they are.

Offline Lucy and Neo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 22:25:59 PM »
Was just reading your post glad you could rescue them Upon looking at the pics the tabby boy is an exact of my boy Neo who we unfortunately had to be pts as he got very ill. He was 17 mths we got him from a rescue in bham he was found outside i think? Cannot belive how much of a spitting image they are same everything.  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 14:35:12 PM »
she has got such a sweet face, so glad she ended up with you

• Adult Cat
Updated pic of mum, Ester, and her two kits, April and Neo
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 14:32:21 PM »
Hi, just to let you know Ester and her two kits are doing fine, although Ester's spay wound may need another check up at the vets.  She's a beautiful and lovely natured cat, and her kittens are equally beautiful but very shy and tremble even when they're not being touched.  They obviously play a lot during the night because the toys are all over the place in the morning so it's good to know they're happy!  Lets hope someone will be willing to give them the time they need to build up their confidence.  We know they will turn out to be as sweet natured and loving as their mother.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »
what beautiful cats  :Luv: :Luv: - thanks heaven they are in your lloving care. xxxx

The horrid dog should of been out in the shed, not mum with babies  >:(

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 23:20:44 PM »
What pretty liittle things  :Luv2: Hope they find a fantastic forever home soon enough  :)

Do you have a catchat rehoming page? Might help as you're a newly formed group - http://www.catchat.org/rehoming_page.html

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 22:24:58 PM »
That's great news, well done  :hug:

lovely kitties  :Luv2: lots of luck for them xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 22:24:27 PM »
well done - they look very content to be rescued

do they seem amenable to being domesticated?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Adult Cat
Mum and kittens now in our care
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 22:06:51 PM »
Hello

Earlier on we were appealing for help for a mother cat and her kittens living in an outhouse and being constantly chased by the house owner's dog.  I'm pleased to say that we managed to bring them into care on Tuesday and, after a short stay at the vets, they were installed in their pen this morning.  Here they are, tired out after a stressful 48 hours but safe and hopefully heading for a brighter future.  The mother was already in season so another litter would have been on the way before long.  The vet thinks the tabby boy is from an earlier litter and the little white/tabby girl from the latest litter.  It's unusual for a cat to only have one kitten per litter which makes one wonder what became of the rest.  They were all ravenous but will soon realise that they no longer need to scavenge around the bins for food, which is where they were first spotted a few weeks ago.  :)

Link to CatChat