Author Topic: 'Poppet' - A very special cat, looking for a very special home! (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there has been no updates will move to sorted, if there's any news otherwise please pm me  :thanks:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 'Poppet' - A very special cat, looking for a very special home!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 16:23:24 PM »
Any news?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 23:00:45 PM »
Poppet looks lovely and hope she gets a home quick before she gets too stressed. :hug:

Offline vn

• Adult Cat
Poppet is still in need of a new home. I have had to take her out of the practice as when I wasnt there people left her alone & she stopped eating. She is now being fostered by one of our receptionist but is not getting on well with the resident cat. So I desperately need to get her settled.

I also now have Geoffrey (we seem to be having a run on strays at the moment), he is an old black & white boy & prob not the most appealing to look at but he has a kind heart. He was suffering with infected bites when he came in but they are healing well now. We have done bloods on him & they were all fine so he's not doing badly for an older gentleman.
I would love to find him somewhere nice to enjoy his retirement so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 21:38:57 PM by vn »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 21:30:08 PM »
 :Luv: Bless her!

Offline vn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 21:28:04 PM »
Poppet is still looking for her forever home. Thought you all might like to see a more relaxed poppet sitting on my lap!

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 07:13:48 AM »
AWW she's an absolute darling - such a sweet face  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 21:07:49 PM »
aww, she is lovely  :Luv: keeping fingers crossed for her xx

Offline vn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 21:05:55 PM »
Poppet is still looking for a home... & here she is!

Offline vn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 12:03:56 PM »
I will get a picture of her when i'm back at work & pop it on here.
Hopefully the chance of her getting cat flu again are v small as she has been vaccinated since that episode & was fine.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 06:51:53 AM »
Poor Poppet, hopefully she'll soon get a forever home xx

Have you got a photo of her?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 18:21:28 PM »
Just a question for ptential new owner of Poppy, what is the likelyhood of the restart from the start of flu jand making her very ill again?

Poor lil girl, I hope she gets somewhere lovely to be safe for the rest of her life  :hug:

Offline vn

• Adult Cat
Hi all, 'Poppet' & myself are in need of a little help. (This may turn out to be a long story)

I am a veterinary nurse & back in 2007 a little stray feral kitten was handed into the practice I work at...this kitten was Poppet an adorable black & white girl with a beautiful black mask across her eyes. She was petrified but grew to loves us all.
We eventually found her a new home & a few days before she was going to be collected we vaccinated her.
Well this was when her trouble began, she developed full blown cat flu & her new owners no longer wanted her 
She fought so hard, lost lots of weight & I can honestly say that it was the worst case of flu I have ever seen & I have been in practice for 7 years, we all wondered whether she had enough in her to get through it even her tooth sockets were bleeding. She then turned a corner when I bought in some cat milk & never looked back.
She was Felv & fiv tested then & was negative but she did test positive to Calicvirus.

She was with us a little while until we found her a perfect home & she continued to flourish, she was neutered & settled in well, growing in confidence every day but following a house move in 2009 where she was kept in for 3 weeks, the first time she was let out she never came back.
That is until thursday when a cat that had been hit by a car was handed in, well this was poppet, very shocked by the whole event but apart from a few wounds seemed fine.

We were all thrilled that she was ok after all this time but unfortunately her previous owners although pleased to hear she was ok had moved on in the last 9 months & had got another cat.
So this is where I need your help, her owner has asked me if I can try I find her another home.
Over the past three years she has been healthly with no re-occuring problems. She has had regular vaccinations with no problems although I think these have now lapsed due to her being missing. She is 3 years old now & still a timid little girl but she is adorable once she knows you (the other night she fell asleep with her head on my hand!) I feel she needs a quiet home where she can flourish into the beautiful cat I know she is.
If anyone can help this special girl we would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks for reading.
Any questions pls ask.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:23:35 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat