Author Topic: Mother cats and kittens living outside - fosterers in Leeds needed urgently! (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 8381 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there's been no updates will move to sorted.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Any updates please?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Mother cats and kittens living outside - fosterers in Leeds needed urgently!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 07:07:34 AM »
Did this get sorted?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Hi Rockmaiden I too would be interested to know more about your set up as I gather you are not far from me and last week in one single day RSPCA passed over 20 cats for me to deal with. Seems strange Cheshire is currently overun yet able to help elsewhere. :Crazy:

Sent you a pm :)

Received and replied thanks

Offline Rockmaiden

• Adult Cat
  • www.rspca-macclesfield.org.uk
    • Macclesfield SE Cheshire & Buxton RSPCA
Hi Rockmaiden I too would be interested to know more about your set up as I gather you are not far from me and last week in one single day RSPCA passed over 20 cats for me to deal with. Seems strange Cheshire is currently overun yet able to help elsewhere. :Crazy:

Sent you a pm :)
A dog comes when you call, a cat takes a message and gets back to you later!

www.rspca-macclesfield.org.uk

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page

Offline Rockmaiden

• Adult Cat
Yes I am part of the RSPCA but our website is down today due to server problems, working on it now.

Will send you an email.

Offline Feral Cat Welfare

• Adult Cat
Hi Rockmaiden - are you part of the RSPCA?  I've tried to click on the website you have but it won't take me anywhere. Eager to find out more!!  Please could you email me - there's a tame mum and three kittens needing help and other feral cats so I just need to know more about what you're able to accommodate/rehome, your rehoming criteria and whether you're doing this independently or as part of the RSPCA?  Email address: feralcatwelfare@aol.com.   Many thanks!  Sally

Offline Rockmaiden

• Adult Cat
I can take both mum cats and kittens and give full rescue back up if someone can get them to me as stuck for transport at the minute.

I am in Cheshire.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
I'm so sorry I can't really help but if you need transport to/from Manchester area I go across to Leeds fairly regularly and would be happy to give some moggies a lift.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Oh dear, that is some distance isn't it!!  

sadly yes!

• Adult Cat
Oh dear, that is some distance isn't it!!  Although I have rehomed a cat before to St Albans.  We had to weigh up the stress of the journey against the long term happy future of the cat, and several years later she's still a happy and much loved cat.  Thank you anyway and I'll definitely keep your offer in mind.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
shame my sil isn't still in liversedge! I'm in south buckinghamshire but if you are ever truly that stuck let me know

• Adult Cat
What a shame you don't live closer Dawn F.  Perhaps distance needn't be a problem??!   :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
what a shame, I'd do it like a shot - especially as my first cat was a feral from your neck of the woods

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
That is a shame, thanks for updating -  keeping fingers crossed for them xx

• Adult Cat
Hi there.   No, the cats are still living in the garden.  Sadly Leeds is badly lacking in accommodation to take cats.  There is no shelter and few people able to take cats into a spare room in their house.  It can disrupt things and many people are worried about the effect it would have on their own pets which is understandable.  We live in hope!  Thank you for asking.  :(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news?

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Aww so wish I could help, but you know Katie!!! Plus she's having tests done at the moment on her liver and is really not well and so has to be my main priority...

I'll have a think to see if there's anyone I know who may be able to foster... do you want a contact for the Leeds Weekly from Andy to perhaps get an article in there?

J x
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
so wish i was nearer I have two spare bedrooms - hope you can find someone to help

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :( Hope someone can help them xx

• Adult Cat
Hello

Yes, one mum cat and kittens living beneath a shed, and her pregnant sister I've now found out!

:(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
So is there still one mum cat and kittens needing help?

• Adult Cat
Hello

Thank you for bumping this up for us, but sadly, no offers from Leeds.  Lots of kind regards and good wishes, but from people living outside Leeds!  Where are all those Leeds cat lovers?!!  It's a big commitment to foster and it can seem daunting, but if done properly and with the right support it can be very straightforward and extremely rewarding.  We'll keep trying!  We have been forced into bringing the mum with her two older kittens in because the homeowner's dog kept chasing them and they were in danger.  They were also ravenous.  The little female kitten is undersized as she is the most nervous and wasn't getting the food being put down for her during the past week by the homeowner.  She's still suckling from mum.  Have just taken some photos - mum is actually tame, the kittens are not!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Bumping this up for you ... I hope someone is able to take these little ones in xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline YogiDot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yogi, Daisy, Skye, Tiggy, Sally & Charlie
Oh bless them, I wish I could help but I'm nowhere near Leeds.  I hope someone is able to help soon. 

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Hope that someone can help soon   :hug:

• Adult Cat
Hi

We've had a report about two mother cats and their kittens, one litter newborn, living outside.  One cat appears quite tame and is using an outhouse for herself and two kittens, and the other we need more information on but may be timid.  No cat charity in Leeds is able to take them in.  Do you have a spare room where you could accommodate one of these families until we can rehome them?  We will provide all equipment (and if the timid mum is feral, a fold-up pen too to keep her contained), food and vet treatment.  Mum's are wonderful to care for at first because they are concentrating on their brood and all you have to do is feed and ensure the litter tray is clean so it doesn't matter if you work full time.  You will receive ongoing support from us and we will make sure the cat and kittens go to good homes (we carry out pre-homing visits).  We would prefer fosterers without very young children as the mum's will need peace and quiet.  Please email asap feralcatwelfare@aol.com. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:51:22 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat