Author Topic: Just to say Hi from a newbiw to your website  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Feline Fi

• Kitten
Hi Fuzzies dad
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 21:20:39 PM »
Hi there, and thanks for your welcome message :) Ron has mentioned the good work you do in fighting the good cause and also the history behind Lost Cats Brighton Rescue; You started off what is now an amazing sanctuary to all the poor lost /abandoned moggies in and around this area. Well done! and Thanks  ~ as I wouldnt have these two beautiful cats CJ & Frankie that I have today or had the pleasure of meeting Ron, or had my eyes opened to all the good works done by so many cat lovers up and down the country. Your ALL  amazing  :wow:

Feline Fi
Cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human mind

If man could be crossed with the cat it would IMPROVE the man, but it would DETERIORATE the cat!

Dogs have owners, Cats have STAFF

fuzziesdad

Re: Just to say Hi from a newbiw to your website
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 15:18:44 PM »
hi fi,
I have known ron for a good few years now and he is a great guy.
two things to say here welcome to purrs and if you go and see ron don't let him put a mop in your hand.................lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »
Welcome to Purrs, i am sure Ron is very grateful for the help you have given him, and there are lots of little ways to help rescues without having to foster or on fundraisers - things like donating bedding, washing powder, stationery etc, so that more money can go towards the food and vet care for the cats in care. Good on you for taking on 2 cats though, rescues can't carry on if they can't home the cats they take in.
Dont worry about not responding to everyone - I think most of us go by the first name in our user names.
Please spay your cat

Offline Feline Fi

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 10:19:18 AM »
Hmm! You know! Sam & Ela
I never thought of it that way before, but your right a SLAVE is really a good description of what we cat lovers become  :doh:
They really are very clever, if not outright  :sneaky: creatures who know exactly how to pull at ones heart strings and get what they want. Maybe that's why I love them so much  :Luv:

Hope I've not missed anyone out, think thats one of my little worries not being used to Forums, is ensuring that I'm following the forum etiquette and not overlooking or missing someone out when replying. E.G Do members prefer to be referred to by their sign in name or by the Posted by: name ??? (I have been so busy of late  :tired:, I haven't had time to go through site and check if there is info on these sort of questions, if there is, please direct me

Thanks
Feline Fi

If man could be crossed with the cat it would IMPROVE the man, but it would DETERIORATE the cat!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 18:03:05 PM »
 :rofl: I have always believed cats instinctively know good people which is why CJ obviously decided you were going to be his slave.

Can't wait to see pic of your furbabes they sound wonderful.

BTW ... the site is really easy to navigate once you get used to it .... one really good way of keeping up with all the new posts it to click on the "Show unread posts since last visit" link which is at the top of the page just under the Purrs logo.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:07:09 AM »
maybe further down the line I can take a more active and supportive role.

It is surprising how it all starts with just taking in one cat and before you know it a full time commitment is on the horizon.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Feline Fi

• Kitten
Thanks for warm welcome :)
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:05:50 AM »
Hi there

I gototknow Ron when my sisters cat went missing and I started to search the web to see where I could post  'Lost ' notices locally, within no time a picture of Mac was on the site but sadly no sign of his return :(

No more than three weeks later, I needed Ron again as a rather large lost black cat found me! (unbelievably, in the hallway on the sixth floor of a purpose built block of flats, the only access by lift or through very heavy fire doors!!!) I posted notices everywhere and of course on Rons site, as well as him coming over to scan him in case he was chipped. The months have passed and as no response from the owners, CJ now resides with me in my new home (I named him CJ as he has very large claws and his jaws aren't bad either - ouch!)   

Ron had CJ checked over, vaccinated etc and so in this way we have kept in contact and WAIT FOR IT.................  I have now a recent addition to my feline clan and she is a lovely kitty called Frankie, yes through Ron! I'm on that slippery slope as he put it!!!   

Unfortunately, due to time restraints/work I'm unable to support Ron a much as I'd like to, but I will continue to support him by collecting goods for boot sales and in any other way I can, who know's? circumstances change and maybe further down the line I can take a more active and supportive role.

Once again thanks to all who've replied to me, bare with me a I get used to working my way around the site.

Feline Fi 

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 19:44:42 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Fi!  I'm privileged to have met Ron and I must say, I agree with you about him. Wonderful, selfless man.

PS sorry to embarass you, Ron
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 19:36:02 PM »
Hi Fi and  :welcome: to Purrs,

This may be your first forum but beware ... it's very addictive!   :rofl:

We all know Ron and his tireless work helping the furbabes of Brighton .. although we haven't all had the pleasure of meeting the man himself  :(

Do you help Ron out or did he help you with a lost/found kitty?

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 19:31:25 PM »
Hi Feline Fi
Welcome to Purrs, lovely to hear you are supporting Ron he does sterling work

Offline Feline Fi

• Kitten
Just to say Hi from a newbiw to your website
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 19:21:48 PM »
Hi There  :shy:

Not sure what to put, as I havent joined a forum before! but hey ho here I go  :-[

I wanted to get on board this site due to my personal need to support Ron from LostCatsBrighton who I have had the pleasure of getting to know over the past few months and who's never-ending concern for cats welfare, and dedication which takes him to work up to 18 hours a day some days or even into the wee small hours!!!  :tired: which amazes me  and is admirable for someone who does this work with very little other support. He is a gem of a character who is always on the go and out to help whoever & whenever he can. As I want to support him in whichever way possible and in order to vote I need to Post, promoting him in my first message is the least I can do. KEEP UP YOUR FANTASTIC WORK RON  :)

Greetings from Feline Fi    xxxx     

Link to CatChat