Author Topic: Kitten wanted  (Read 6135 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Kitten wanted
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 09:16:52 AM »
Did your cousing eventually adopt a kitten Michelle?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:19:02 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 14:35:50 PM »
Thanks BM -
Find out if she still wants to rehome it and we can try and get my cousin intouch with her ...leave them to sort things out

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »
Poor lad. I hate it when all people care about is recouping their losses, like the animal is an investment and not a living, individual family member. Makes me cringe.

Let us know how you get on.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 10:36:08 AM »
just been into the shop and the girl isnt in until 12 so i'll go back later.  i left a message with the manager to get her to ring me and she mentioned that the girl was hoping to get 30 quid back on the basket.   told her that i wasn't asked to rehome a  :censored: basket and that she'll have sell that to some other mug.  i can see me falling out with people over this little fella.  the girl who has the kitten is the daughter of a couple that i've been friends with for over 20 years.  fortunately they are sensible people so if necessary i'll have to involve them. 
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 07:09:44 AM »
actually i don't think she will.  she's somebody who's always had dogs (and looked after them well).  she's just moved into her own place and thought that a kitten was a nice idea.  unfortunately as is so often the case, she didnt look much past the "awwwwwwww" stage. i'm hoping she hasn't changed her mind about rehoming him.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 22:11:55 PM »
yep.  she's been told, believe me.  when i was 1st asked if i wanted it i said no straight away but when i heard how inadequate the care (of lack of) that it's been receiving was i knew i had to get it out of there.
:hug: And hopefully she won't get another one.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 21:46:20 PM »
yep.  she's been told, believe me.  when i was 1st asked if i wanted it i said no straight away but when i heard how inadequate the care (of lack of) that it's been receiving was i knew i had to get it out of there.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 21:47:07 PM by Bonkers Mad!!! »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 20:52:15 PM »
he's only being fed once a day 

That is animal cruelty  >:(

And surely breaks the 5 freedoms laws?

People like that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near animals - that is just so horrible. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows kittens need regular feeding, just like babies - horrible woman  >:(
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 20:54:11 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 19:38:51 PM »
Ahhh. Oh well, worth asking. ;)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 19:19:38 PM »
Cheers BonkersMad - I had sent you a message on FB about that kitten

JS - they are in Bromley so abit too far from Blackpool but thank you   :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 19:15:42 PM »
Nicky has ALWAYS got young cats in. And by that I mean six to eight months. Would you like me to ask her? Whereabouts is your cousin?

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 19:15:19 PM »
i've sent a message to the person i know with the kitten that needs rehoming.  he is 13 weeks old and black.  the girl who has hm is not a bad person, just not very clued up about cats.  she doesnt like him trying to swipe food from their plates (he's only being fed once a day  :-:) and she is worried that her dog is going to retaliate to the swipes shes been getting.  typical scenario, thought a cute kitten couldnt possibly require any work and has found out the hard way.  i've sent her a message on fb but if she doesnt get back to me tonight i'll pop into her shop tomorrow  ;)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Kitten wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 19:01:57 PM »
My cousin is looking for a kitten ( i'll talk them  into 2  :evillaugh: )

Lovely family with 2 children, over the age of 5.
Very large detached house with large garden.

I'd rather try and find them rescue kittens......
So if anyone can help

Link to CatChat