Author Topic: My lovely boy Chico.. RIP  (Read 2350 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: My lovely boy Chico.. RIP
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 13:52:26 PM »
What a stunning boy, and I'm sure he's so proud of you that you're opening your heart and home to more babes in need, just like he was when you found each other  :hug:

He'll be running free on the Bridge with all our other babies, I hope the Purrs babies have some kind of meeting place up there where they all keep an eye on us  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 13:39:53 PM »
What a beautiful boy, he'll be safe and sound at Rainbow Bridge by now, waiting for you until you are ready to collect him  :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 13:36:04 PM »
He really was a gorgeous boy - and I am so glad you have found room in your heart and home for two new needy fuzzballs :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »
Chico  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Godbless sweetie xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 23:35:58 PM »
What a handsome boy ands so like my Misa  :hug: :hug:

I have added him to our Roll of honor for 2 yrs ago.

RIP Chico you lovely boy

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 22:57:46 PM »
Chico will always be your special boy :hug:

but I am glad you are going to offer a home to two cats without one - you'll find that in no way will they diminish your love for Chico

but I'm sure they will enhance your life
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 22:01:35 PM »
What a handsome boy Chico was. Such a sweet story and nice he had a hood home with u

I am sure he will be happy at the bridge x
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline mummymaz

• Adult Cat
My lovely boy Chico.. RIP
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 21:41:28 PM »
Hello!

I'm new  :shy:

I've introduced myself in the appropriate thread but stumbled upon this thread and couldn't help telling you about my Chico ..

Here's his story:

In 2004 we (my friend and i, we lived together) got a little kitten called Coco, i never liked cats before we got Coco and really she shouldn't have made me love cats at all as she hated me! She is a proper grump and always scratched and bit at me for no reason but hey ho, i loved her regardless.

My friend was seeing a lad who lived about 20miles away and she started seeing a big fluff ball cat called Chico always hanging around, always wanting food and a fuss. She told me about him and told me that she'd found out his owners had had a baby and just shut him out, didn't try and find him a home or anything, just shut him out of their house so he was sleeping outside and getting fed at her fella's place cos they felt sorry for him  :(

One day we went round there and as i was getting out of the car there he was, it was love at first sight for me - i sat on the driveway for 30mins fussing him and telling him how handsome he was and that was it, he was mine. I took him home that night.

Chico was always a cautious thing, always watching your feet (we assumed he'd been kicked at some stage) but he was so loving, he was also very stupid and on several occasions we'd find him with a gormless look on his face looking at the rain, sat in the middle of a puddle!! Coco and him had a fraught relationship but eventually tolerated each other, well she bullied him and he let her !

In 2008 around bonfire night Chico wasn't himself, this didn't worry us at first as he hated loud noises but after a few days we realised that there was something wrong, he'd gone off his food and was hiding behind a chair - we agreed to take him to the vet -  went to work and my friend popped him down to the Vet's surgery - she called me in hysterics - it was heart failure. I flew home but he had been taken away to a special ICU unit about 10miles away, they told us they'd call us if there was any change, he picked up a bit around 8pm so we went to bed that night telling the nurse to let us know if anything changed. At 4am my friend came into my room, he'd gone.. slipped away gently in the night, there's nothing anyone could have done they said when we got there.

He was all wrapped up in a blue blanket, the life gone from his eyes - we cried heart sore and fussed him one last time.. Our Cheeks had gone to Rainbow Bridge before his time as he was only 7 but he's there waiting for me, I'm sure of it.

So there you go, that's my story. I've not been able to have any other pet since then, my friend moved out and took Coco with her at my request. Now I've been given the chance to re-home 2 unwanted cats, I'm taking it as the love i got from Chico for a few years was worth it, i wouldn't have swapped it for the earth. So that's where i am at the minute, ready to re-home but always remembering and loving my first boy, my Chico
**mummy to all the cats**

Link to CatChat