Author Topic: cats v OH's  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Karon

• Adult Cat
Re: cats v OH's
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 18:44:19 PM »
I just asked Hubby this question, and he said he'd keep the cats for the following reasons:

They don't need new clothes

They don't take up all the bed

They eat the same as him (didn't know hubby had felix for dinner)

And the boys (furry and human) want me out next week :shocked: :lol:

LOL, my OH would give me the cats for the second reason -  they do take up all the bed.  And they snore  :rofl:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 17:12:24 PM »
If you have troubles with you OH, it should be him to go  :evillaugh: True cats are in a way like kids- they need you to feed them and so on, a man is big enough and ugly enough to feed himself  :rofl:

My cats didn't choose to live with me, I chose them to live with me- so in reality since I wanted them here, its upto me to take care of them  :)

In my opinion an adult can take care of themselves  ;D

Oh and if its just light hearted...my cats everytime  :rofl:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 16:38:14 PM »
My Oh sort of got the idea we came as a package deal on my first date - I had to go home early as Toerag wasn't in when we left and I mithered all through dinner!

We then got together and he adores all the Clan cats, never bats an eyelid at new arrivals, vets bills or the food bill, we only considered the cats when we moved to this wonderful location nearly 4 years ago - we could have been living in a ruin but the location is cat safe and thats all that ever mattered, we also mortgaged ourselves to the hilt and one of us has always worked away from home for the money - OH leaves on Sunday night for 3 years in Hull with fortnightly visits home!

OH advises we will never split up as he couldn't choose from the Clan who he would want but did advise the dogs were mine!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 09:55:47 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: Mosi has it in writing now Susanne  :rofl: :naughty: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 08:31:07 AM »
No contest.  The cats come first.

Offline Cat_Crazy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 11:48:01 AM »
Luckily OH is completely smitten with the cats. It was him who returned home one day with a cat carrier, containing Kitty (who at that time was about 4 months old)  :Luv2:.. he had heard she was in danger of being put out on the streets so decided to re-home her. She is now 100% daddy's princess.. at soon as he sits down anywhere she will be there, curling up on his lap, purring loudly. And he fell head over heels for Jess... so we rehomed him too!.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 10:42:55 AM »
Steve loves the cats as much as I do,  if we split up there would be a serious battle about custody of them.  But if I had to choose between cats and husband,   erm lets just say it will be Ripley on my arm at the Cat Chat party  :rofl:

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 10:30:52 AM »
Hmmm am I the only one who has an OH who isn't a cat person in the slightest?

My first reaction would be the cats. Then I thought about it and without my OH myself and the cats would be totally homeless as it's his house! Life is never simple is it!

Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 09:43:03 AM »
(and in the event of my untimely demise I think Mark offered to adopt?  :rofl: ).

Yes I know the drink smells like Almonds - there is amaretto in it - drink up!  :shify:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »
My OH is allergic to cats, but when we met, I had 5 of the furry mobsters (now sadly down to three who live with my mum, 2 are on the rainbow bridge, Bootsie and Rankin) so he knew, that no matter what, we would end up with cats, allergy or no allergy!
When I was in the process of getting Benji, OH acted like he wasn't bothered, it was my thing, he didn't really care, blah blah blah, only he plays for ages with Benji, I come home to find them both cuddled up together, he tickles his tummy and despite rolling his eyes when I baby talk, it seems its acceptable for him to baby talk Benji!  :shify: :shify: I think I am not the only one who  :Luv: Benji! OH has turned into a proper cat slave! :)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 09:07:04 AM »
When my ex and I split up I got custody of Max, then when I met J he was told pretty early on that its love me love my cat  :rofl:

He suffers with very bad eczema, and always reqeusted that when anything happened to Max, we have a break from cats to see if his skin improved at all ........... then 3 weeks later along came Poot lol, he couldn't bear an empty house either  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 08:51:29 AM »
my oh was the one who put me on to cats in the first place, we had only been going out about 4 weeks when he found a three week old feral kitten and handreared it - how could I  not like him!  in the unlikely event that we ever split up i'm having Star and Oscar and he is having Amber and Tilly

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 23:30:41 PM »
I am an OH-free zone too, Noah is the love of my life and no other man is coming between us.  :Luv: I don't see the responsibility any different to having children, the only reason I would rehome is if I wasn't able to care for Noah properly any more (and in the event of my untimely demise I think Mark offered to adopt?  :rofl: ).
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 22:31:08 PM »
Misa - tell your mum I don't know what she means about icons looking bed - look ok to me.

Don't worry Misa - no bloke will take your place.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Misa

• Hero Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 22:25:38 PM »
Being i am a cat...............amyone who didnt love me would be out the door  ;D

My Meowmy says she cant get in as her so has to use me till tan helps  and why do the icons look so bad

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 22:06:34 PM »
 :winner is:

:boxer:   :C:   :A:   :T:   :cat laugh:

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 20:20:51 PM »
I just asked Hubby this question, and he said he'd keep the cats for the following reasons:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 20:15:19 PM »

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 20:03:47 PM »
Feline boys first in this house too despite Hubby being here first.

Hubby always moans that the boys come first, but like Mark said they are dependant on us for everything and can't speak for themselves.

I however am allergic to the boys but rehoming them doesn't even come into the equation.

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 19:36:08 PM »
Its not just my Oh then? He reckons he'l have the cats i'll have the dog :rofl:

Offline Karon

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 19:34:57 PM »
The cats would win every time.  My OH seems to think if we split up he gets custody of the cats - over my dead body    :rofl:

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 19:20:58 PM »
I don't have to worry about that. OH Always says if we were to split Up they would stay with him, i dont think so! He loves them just as much as i do :)

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 19:15:35 PM »
100% the OH would go and the cats would stay without a doubt.

If i had the Cats before the OH i prob would not have OH now lol
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 18:59:27 PM »
OH always says I care more about the cats. Our cats love us unconditionally and they are dependant on us - that is my excuse an I am sticking to it  :P  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 18:53:34 PM »
Nope Rosella , mines just the same xx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 18:47:48 PM »
I have no OH either - BUT the cats have and always will be the love of my life and always come first over everybody !

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 18:43:04 PM »
Am I the only one with an OH that would rather he be rehomed than disturb our furries?  :)

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 18:39:51 PM »
definitely the cats.  i only obtained an OH last october and he is aware that my cats come first and fortunately we don't live together.  like 925dancer it was part of the criteria so finding out that he has 2 cats was a deciding point.  that and the fact that he also told me (sheepishly) on our first outing that he likes foxes and pigeons  :evillaugh:.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 18:30:32 PM »
I'd definately rehome the OH.

Mine knows this.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 18:24:24 PM »
Well, I don't have an OH but it is one of my top criteria for selection :evillaugh: There is no way I could be with someone who didn't like the cats for whatever reason, I'm allergic and I still have them!

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 17:58:14 PM »
Yay!!

Im not the only one then!!!   ;D

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 17:56:21 PM »
There is no contest there - I would pick my cats every time
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
cats v OH's
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 17:50:48 PM »
Ok, id had a little to drink sat night and me and OH were chatting about the cats, he has a rash on his hand, due to sun allergy, he said if he was allergic to the cats would I rehome them...

I said NO!!! straight away, id rather rehome him!!!

Looking back, now sober, i really do think id pick the cats!!!

Who would you lot pick???

Link to CatChat