Author Topic: Hi from Surrey!  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Hi from Surrey!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 23:56:46 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Your furbabes are gorgeous.  My parents recently installed the secur-a-cat system in thier garden and it is absolutely wonderful - can't recommend it highly enough.  It is non-intrusive and does the job wonderfully.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Johelian

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 23:27:37 PM »
Thanks so much for your warm welcomes!  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 23:03:51 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs. love your cats  ;D

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 21:39:39 PM »
:welcome:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 21:34:06 PM »
Hi ya welcome to purrs! Lovely kitty kats you have  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 15:11:13 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Johelian

Your boys are gorgeous  :Luv:

I have asked for a brochure from Secur-a-cat as they seem to be well-liked here, but any other advice people can give me would be great - Im particularly concerned about mounting things on the fence that is my neighbours responsibility! ;)

I had the same concerns, before I installed the catproofing I took some photos that I had printed from teh internet round to my neighbours and asked if they had any objections. They were all fine about it but I did end up installing a new fence on both sides, one side was actually alongside my neighbours existing fence but their's was quite old so I wasn't happy screwing into it as it was not very secure. If the neighbours existing fence is in good condition then you can just ask if they mind you screwing the cord along the top. Nothing protrudes onto their side so it won't affect them at all.

If you need any more questions answering then there are quite a few of us on here that have Secur-a-cat so ask away, also the lady who runs it - Roz - is a member on here, she is very helpful and I'm sure she'll be able to any technical questions relating to your specific garden.

Offline Johelian

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 14:54:47 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!  :Luv:

Clare I live in Camberley, so very close to you! :) I was thinking about installing a second fence, but the problem is that it will end up taller than the fence already there so it may look a bit weird to the neighbours...we get on quite well with them so I think I may have to just go and have a chat about it with them as mentioned! Its really only my black and white boy Frazier that goes wandering (he was neutered late in life, and I think has retained a lot of tomcat spunkiness!), and he does wander quite far across the road etc which worries me a lot. Our road is very quiet, but even so it only takes one car...Reese is far more laid back and spends his time in the garden, and is less of a concern, but even so I would like to know that they are safely contained!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 14:02:45 PM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs - I'm a Surrey gal, whereabouts are you?  I'm in Woking  ;D

Your babes are gorgeous by the way  :Luv2:

I've no experience with catproofing at all, but one idea if your neighbours won't let you place things on their fence is to install another fence inside your own boundary, that way you can do what you like  :naughty:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 13:50:48 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs Johelian, glad you've found us  ;D

Your cats are gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

Regarding the catproofing - I've not had to do this myself because my cats are safe but def a good idea if you're near roads to keep your cats safe.  I'm sure some peeps will come alongsoon who have experience with this to give you good advice.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 13:48:02 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Johelian: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D

A number of our members have cat-proofed gardens and will be able to advise.  My own counsel would be to discuss your plans in detail with your neighbour before you start!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Johelian

• Kitten
Hi from Surrey!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 13:29:49 PM »
Hello!
I'd like to introduce myself and my two mogs - Reese, grey tabby, and Frazier, black and white bruiser! Reese I bought from an advert online, as I had always wanted a silver/grey tabby; Frazier is my rescue boy, who was found abandoned in a flat. I adore them both and they bring so much to my boyfriend and I's lives!

I havent been on a cat forum in a while now, and am looking forward to getting back into kitty chat! First advice Im sure I will need from you guys is regarding catproofing the garden, its a totally new endeavour to me and I am terrified about the cost and how it will look! I have asked for a brochure from Secur-a-cat as they seem to be well-liked here, but any other advice people can give me would be great - Im particularly concerned about mounting things on the fence that is my neighbours responsibility! ;)

Jo
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 13:31:33 PM by Johelian »

Link to CatChat