Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Hi
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 23:07:03 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs he is gorgeous and dont for get to insure him......we recommend AXA to all LOL

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 21:39:20 PM »
:welcome:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 21:37:32 PM »
Hello welcome! Cortez is a lovely boy! Thanks for shearing us your story  :Luv:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 13:52:17 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Skarloey: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 14:47:23 PM »
Hi Louise  :welcome: to Purrs,

So pleased you not only managed to find yourself a new "owner" (cats do rule the house as you are already finding out) but you have also managed to join the best and friendliest cat forum on the net (you really have done very well  :evillaugh:).

Cortez is absolutely stunning and it's lovely to see he has retrained your husband and Jackson in one fell swoop ... he's obviously a very clever kitty.

I'm sure you'll have a great time on here and please feel free to ask any "cat" questions however silly you may think they are. 

Looking forward to getting to know you and of course hearing all about Cortez's antics  :evillaugh:

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr, Rossi & Oliver
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 13:43:13 PM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

These cat's aren't daft you know, you think it was a chance meeting that night, but these furries know who to pick to take them home and and look after them  :evillaugh:

Sounds like he's landed on his paws anyway  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 12:22:08 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Cortez is gorgeous,  and what a lucky boy!  :Luv2:

my husband gives him nightly paw massages!! I wouldnt have beleived it if I hadnt have seen it with my own eyes!!!
Louise  x

My cats are wondering whether Cortez might like a big brother  :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 12:08:40 PM »
 :rofl:  Louise - we were the same - dreaded the knock at the door where someone would claim our little Suki.  (she was our first ever cat).  One woman saw our ad and came round, but said she definitely wasn't her cat.  She was so disappointed, and we were so relieved.  I really felt for her, but it would've been awful parting with Suki when she'd grown so much into our lives.  And she was so tiny, she should never have been out - she even had a shabby white flea collar round her neck which was way too big for her - she couldn't have been much more than 9 or 10 weeks old at the time.  OH nearly ran her down in his bus - she was caught by a gust of wind and skittered and bowled across the road in front of him.  Intrigued, he stopped the bus to see what it was, and we ended up with a kitten.  :-:   

I love the nightly paw massage  :evillaugh: 

Offline skarloey

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 12:02:50 PM »
Hello
Thanks for the warm welcome. We are in Suffolk.
I have heard about Petalcleanse and will give it a try if the symptoms become too much, I am finding  antihistamines and eye drops are doing the job so far.
I still worry that someone may claim the Kit but that seems less likely as time goes by. He was only about 4 months old the vet thinks but its hard to tell. Hopefully in the next week or so we will get him chipped and neutered. My son and husband would be distraught if someone claimed him now...my husband gives him nightly paw massages!! I wouldnt have beleived it if I hadnt have seen it with my own eyes!!!
Louise  x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 11:30:30 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

lovely photo and lovely story too  :Luv2: :Luv2:

just a thought but if you suffer allergy symptoms then Petal Cleanse may be worth a try if you've not tried it,  lots of peeps use it with good results (I should use it more often too)

http://www.biolife-international.co.uk/shop/page/4?shop_param=
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:34:19 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
 :welcome:

that is a lovely story, he is lucky to have found you!!!

I have a lab too, she is very tolerant of our two cats who jump on her, attack her tail & even whack her on the nose!!!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 11:22:23 AM »
 :evillaugh:  Hi Skarloey - welcome to the forum  :welcome:

That's more or less how we acquired our very first cat too - like you had been committed dog owners all of our lives, and hadn't planned on a cat.  She came, she saw, she conquered.  The rest (as they say) is history!

So glad you're enjoying life with your new kitty and that's he's licking you all into shape (including Jackson  :Luv:

What part of the UK are you in? 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »
he is lovely!  cats work in mysterious ways lol - welcome to the forum

Offline skarloey

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:14:16 AM »
Here a picture of him and his new brother Jackson the Dog

Offline skarloey

• Kitten
Hi
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:12:55 AM »
Hello
Thought I'd intoduce myself. I f anyone had told me a few weeks ago I would be on a cat forum I would have thought they were mad!! We have always had dogs and sadly lost our dear old Lab at christmas. We missed him him crazy especially our other dog, we had been toying with getting a rescue dog when events took another turn. To cut a long story short , on a journey out one cold night to get a takeaway (somewhere we never normally go) my husband shouted at me to stop the car. There a couple of feet in front of the car was a kitten looking at us. My husband got out and the Kit let him pick it up. We knocked on nearby doors but noone knew anything of him. So at a loss of what to do we collected our takeaway and brought it home. The Kit immediately sorted the dog out much to our amusement and the next day we went about trying to find his owner. This was all to no avail,, noone had reported him missing and to be hones tnoone was much help. I was worried as I have a cat allergy but after very wheezy and sneezy few days that has not been a problem. We have had the Kit checked by our vet and apart from fleas and being thin he has no porblems. He has in fact practically doubled in size since his arrival and nothing has caused so much joy and laughter we could not imagine life without him. His hobbies now include jumping from lap to lap reprogramming laptops and attacking my crochet! Anyway hope I have not bored you all too much and hope you enjoyed the story of our Kit.. he is now called Cortez (the killer).

Link to CatChat