Author Topic: Maincoon Cross needing urgent foster home, Currently in Nottingham (HOMED)  (Read 17928 times)

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Wow what fantastic photo's!! It is great to see our rescue cats in there new homes so happy and well cared for, and Thomas certainly looks to be happy!

Thank you x

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
Hi there
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/347781775
Have added a few more pics of Thomas.  We finally finished our cat fencing but it took Thomas about 20 mins to discover the weakness in our system and disappear overnight!  He has stayed out all night a few times and turned up for breakfast so hopefully we can now keep a track of him!  He hasn't managed to get out of the garden since, so fingers crossed!  We have also been getting to know a few of our neighbours a bit better as Thomas has been visiting and been INSIDE their houses! lol  On a couple of ocassions he left his collar behind so they knew who to call!  He's now a full fledged raw fed cat!  He's completely lovely.....

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Aww thats fantastic to hear  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
that's lovely to hear  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
I'm obviously loving Thomas too much (we haven't changed his name) - the vet said he had put on 0.4kgs in 3 weeks!!  Slap on the wrist for me.....  He's loving it in the garden and is being very good - it's really nice to watching him playing with the others :-)

All's well....

~X~

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I think you should have had him indoors for 4 weeks atleast before letting him out and have him chipped if he isnt already  ;)

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
When would you say I should think about letting him out?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Ab Fab pics esp of Thomas at the mirror  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
Glad you like them! x  Thanks for your extra photos too! x

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Oh wow loving the pictures, esp the one of them all in and picture 12 where he is touching paws with one of your others  :Luv2: :Luv2: Aww I am so happy, he is such a loving laid back boy and really deserves this forever home  :Luv:

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
I've added about 6 more pics to the old link http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/347781775  just so that you can see him with the others.  He's so relaxed now and just tucked into minced whole rabbit without JWB added.  It's like he's always been here.  Amazing!

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
It's giving me this lovely warm feeling in my tummy reading this... I am thrilled for you - and Thomas of course!  :Luv:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
He is!  We're experiencing a whole new range of trilling/chirruping noises.  He's very chatty......  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I bet he's a really happy chappie now, look forward to photos  :Luv:

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
He has a pal!  He's really friendly with my Norwegian - they were chasing and play fighting most of the day yesterday!  Bless!  Still crushing a little JWB into his raw but he's tucking in and really enjoys the bone in rabbit.  Will try to sort more photos of playful moments.

~x~

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Great news  ;D

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Awww thats brilliant news!! So happy :D

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
Glad to report that Thomas has settled in really well.  We've just got back from our weekend away and he's mixing with the others - no more hissing and swiping and he was really pleased to see us!

~x~

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :Luv2: love the photos - he is a lovely cat  :Luv2:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
How's Thomas doing?

Found these phots on my camera from the last day at mine, thought you might like them?

Sniffing the dog statue, he always thought it real, good job it wasnt as he kept attacking it  :rofl:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Awww its sounding soo good :D  I noticed here he isnt a big eater really where as Sky had a emdless pitt for a stomach  :evillaugh:

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
Another happy rehoming! Yippee Thomas! It sounds like you've landed yourself a fantastic new forever home. You deserve it  :hug:

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
Well, we allowed Thomas to mingle overnight and all went well, apart from the occasional wailing.  He seems much more comfortable with the others - allowing them to lay quite close but he still hisses and swipes if they try to touch him.  They really want to play....  He's not hiding away much at all now and is playing with toys.  I was watching him playing this morning and he was making happy chirruping noises while he played.....made me smile!  He loves his cuddles and my son loves cuddling him.....so good all round!  ;D  He's eating raw but in small amounts.  I have some whole rabbit mince and bone in chunks arriving today - hopefully he'll enjoy that as much as the others do.  All going well, so far  :wow:

~x~

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
I love thomas and so pleased he has a nice new home  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Lovely pictures! :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
They hiss back but I haven't seen any swipe!  It was funny last night....I saw Thomas run out of the room after one of them and then he came running back chased by another!  I'm sure they'll sort it out between them.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Has any hissed and swiped at him back? Sky did that and he never bothered again lol  :evillaugh: Thomas and my cat hit it off fine, my cat is so laid back also. Its good your boys are moving in and laying near him relaxed wanting to make friends  :Luv2:

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
He's settling a little more.  He played ball with our PB - that's as close as he's comfortable with at the mo.  He goes from allowing them near him to hissing and swiping.  He has been lying behind the tv in the evenings but last night he came out and splayed out on the sofa and looked quite happy.  We're still keeping him separated whilst we're not there as he does occasionally chase them and he's separated at night.  I don't think it will be long before he's OK to be left with them.  The PB and NFC are desperate to be friends.....even when he's hiding they go and lay near him.  My MC x (14 this year) - isn't too happy but I'm sure he'll come around!

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Awww bless him xx

How is Thomas being with his new brothers?

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
I know!  I like the one of my other MC x using the hooded litter tray.  He saw the kittens using it when they were small and thought he'd have a go too! x

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Awww there all gorgeous!!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
Have added pics of his new brothers to the link.  Sadly, the black NFC in the pics died in January but we still have his brother, the Black Smoke.

x

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR

He made that noise on the first 3 nights here, started normal meoww, which each time got louder and ended up in what i called a temper one which sounds like what you have described. He was crated though.. Then he got use to the routine here as I let him have downstairs at night time and took the dogs upstairs. Never had the noise then..

Glad he is eating bless him.. he should settle real fast, he did here and learns routine real fast also.. Never had no problems except him not liking dogs and attacking them ;)

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
He had his first bowl of raw last night.  He's shown no interest up until now in raw or freshly cooked chicken.  We had some dried treats which he did like so we crushed them up and mixed them with the raw and he ate it!  8)

He's been a good boy so far - apart from the wailing!  Boy - can he make some noise!  A sort of strangulated screaming at times......  I think he wants to go out  :sneaky:

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
Ohh there lovely. Look at him in the mirror, he did that on my cooker door as its mirrored. I love picture 3 with him playing with the toy and the tabby cat there  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
lovely photos  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/347781775

Trying to find another way to do this!  In the meantime, you can look at the slideshow.....

~x~
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 23:05:15 PM by CatLover2 »

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
I didn't realise that.  It seemed like a possible explanation - but obviously not!

Ah well....what's done is done!  I guess we'll never know.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
His ears were already like that when he was taken to the vets and released again though (for neutering) If a vet did those ears they need to seriously think how good they are as the scarring on the edge is dreadful, my vet said they looked to of been done by some one with no experience.. He was also taken to Burton Joyce rescue to be neutered, a rescue wouldnt allow that would they?

Offline CatLover2

• Adult Cat
So, the vet reckons that his ears were cropped by a vet as, if the story about him being neutered and re-released is true, they do that to identify feral cats already neutered??  She said they usually clip one ear "but maybe they did both as he would look funny" !! 

~x~

Link to CatChat