Author Topic: Cat windowsill seats...  (Read 2448 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Cat windowsill seats...
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 21:34:57 PM »
2 very royal looking cats - fantastic.  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Love how Hank has his paws hanging over the edge in the top pic.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 15:01:42 PM »
No problem  :hug:

They might come in handy if we get rid of the sofa in the bay window in the kitchen as Kylie likes to keep track of invading cats from there  :evillaugh:

These look quite good - this is the cheapest. There are 3 sellers and one of them is charging £18.99 for the same thing + their postage is higher than this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cosy-Place-Window-Seal-Seat-Board-Cat-Kitten-Pet-Bed_W0QQitemZ120537082804QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Cats?hash=item1c1091ebb4#ht_1006wt_941
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 15:07:01 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 14:57:21 PM »
Oh Mark, I am sorry. :hug: I couldn't remember which cat it was for but I remembered it was you.

I think it's a great idea, not so sure my landlord would though....

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 14:39:55 PM »
Can't remember the name of the post but someone wanted ideas regarding cat windowsill seats. Got this in an email:

It was me that posted about them for Willow. Thanks anyway.

I wanted one for outside. I bought a deep shelf and 2 clamps from B&Q but took them back for a refund as they were never used  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 14:28:49 PM »
excellent idea, got to move soon so something for the new place, or maybe I'll get somewhere with deep sills :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 14:27:25 PM »
that's a great idea, and has the merit of minimizing the amount of light blocked out by the cats, which is usually a problem with beds actually on a windowsill, or an activity centre put in front of the window
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Cat windowsill seats...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 14:21:04 PM »
Can't remember the name of the post but someone wanted ideas regarding cat windowsill seats. Got this in an email:

Hilary from Vancouver created this pair of window perches for her two boys Hank (orange) and Truman (Tuxedo) and they seem to be a perfect fit! She used the trusty old IKEA Ekby Bjarnum brackets and Jarpen shelves mounted just below the window sill. To create cozy cushions that don’t slide off the shelves, Hilary smartly stitched some twill tape to the corners of two faux sheepskin cat beds and tied the beds to the shelves. Nice solution! And they can be easily removed for cleaning.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat