Author Topic: Urgent - Another 7 Day Cat - PTS date 27 Feb - SORTED  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: Urgent - Another 7 Day Cat - PTS date 27 Feb
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 15:44:24 PM »
Just spoken with RSPCA Putney. This cat was claimed by his owners and has now been taken home.

Thank Heavens he was claimed -

R**CA  >:(  - they want the money but not the hassel of looking after animals.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Urgent - Another 7 Day Cat - PTS date 27 Feb - (Sorted)
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 06:42:59 AM »
that's good news!

if you change the last post too it shows on the thread itself  ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:44:14 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Re: Urgent - Another 7 Day Cat - PTS date 27 Feb - SORTED
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 21:49:49 PM »
Hi

Just got back from Paddington after a 2 hour journey to get home, to read this.

Thank goodness he has been claimed  ;D - Whiskey - good name. Think I need one of those after my journey or perhaps a glass of wine :evillaugh:

Thanks to everyone who contacted the RSPCA to see what was happening and especially Moira who got through :hug:

I'll change the thread Title to sorted
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:24:06 AM by Edd »

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 21:03:22 PM »
Glad its owners have been found. such a short time what if the owner had turned up a few days after the cat was PTS how devastated would they be

I so shocked at reading this and upsets me greatly wh are they called RSPCA then???
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline cracker

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 20:38:56 PM »
So glad to hear this have been out most of the day just got in and checked  :Luv2:
New Forest Animal Rescue

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 16:30:01 PM »
The girl I spoke to said his name was Whiskey. She said he was a little bruiser and sported a number of battle scars. Just glad someone claimed him.

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 16:25:55 PM »
Phew, that was a close call. Thank goodness someone came forward to claim this wee kitty.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 16:20:50 PM »
Glad the little one is safe now.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 16:02:23 PM »
Just sat here on hold to find out -thanks for letting us know .
I got nowhere at all with the number here -whoever i spoke to left me on hold 3 times and i still never got to find out what the situation was as he said the Putney branch had closed for today !!?
They really are useless  :censored: :censored:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 16:13:10 PM by bunglycat »

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 16:01:16 PM »
Just spoken with RSPCA Putney. This cat was claimed by his owners and has now been taken home.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 15:51:39 PM »
Hoping this little one is claimed today.

Offline cracker

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 15:04:51 PM »
but if its not this cat will be pts tomorrow ?

i never think 7 days is enough to hold an animal to see if the owners come forward  :-:

is anyone able to contact them to see whats happening as edd's not around ?
New Forest Animal Rescue

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 11:20:13 AM »
Hi

There may be some good news - have telephoned the RSPCA and a lady has rung in today regarding her missing cat. RSPCA says from the description gave it looks 99% sure this little one is hers. She is going down to id the cat today - so ftb until the lady views the cat, the PTS order is on hold.  ;D

I am off to West London now to see my mum in hospital and don't know what time will be back. So if anyone can check with RSPCA later to see whether the cat has been claimed, would be very grateful. :thanks:

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »
I don't agree with the RSPCA's policy of putting healthy animals to sleep just because they cannot find a home for them, but in all honesty if people would just stop breeding pets until every single animal in a rescue centre/foster care is rehomed the RSPCA wouldn't have any healthy animals to PTS.

The RSPCA does a lot of good, but it also seems to do a lot of very nasty stuff too. Part of me is glad there is an RSPCA and part of me wishes that the money it gets was more evenly spread out to smaller groups that do seem to try much harder to keep as many animals alive as possible and do seem to work much harder to get those animals rehomed.

To give a lost cat only 7 days to be found before they give up on it and PTS seems to me like an organisation that really doesn't have the best interests of that animal at heart.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »
She works in the surgery and is getting it signed over to her. Happens fairly frequently as far as I can tell - I was highlighting the RSPCA thinks that being unwanted is an acceptable reason for a cat to be let go. The rescue lady in question is being left to pick up the pieces....quelle surprise, a small self funded rescue sorting out the mess of the largest animal charity that gets  the most donations.....

Offline cracker

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »
Society for the prevention of cruelty to animals, my backside.... >:( Hope you find somewhere. Can ask around but am currently bugging the heck out of people to home a pure black girl that's on our local Freecycle. :tired:

EDIT: Just got a message from a rescue lady stating this - Got a cat booked in for PTS Monday at a vets in (location removed). Just unwanted.... it's being paid for by the RSPCA

Seems the way to prevent cruelty is to euthanise the majority of animals in their opinion. >:(

:censored: what is wrong with people and thats a rescue lady is it  ????
New Forest Animal Rescue

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 09:05:01 AM »
Society for the prevention of cruelty to animals, my backside.... >:( Hope you find somewhere. Can ask around but am currently bugging the heck out of people to home a pure black girl that's on our local Freecycle. :tired:

EDIT: Just got a message from a rescue lady stating this - Got a cat booked in for PTS Monday at a vets in (location removed). Just unwanted.... it's being paid for by the RSPCA

Seems the way to prevent cruelty is to euthanise the majority of animals in their opinion. >:(
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 09:41:45 AM by JackSpratt »

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 08:56:24 AM »
PTS for a  :censored: ear infection!!!!!  How can they justify all the  :censored: money they get for 'rescuing animals' when they PTS for a bloody ear infection!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 07:42:52 AM »
Do we have any photos of this wee cat? It's so much easier to encourage people to home him if we have a photo.

I will post of this kitties plight on my facebook account and ask friends to share it, so we can try and find it's owner or find someone to offer him a home, even if it is only a temporary home.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 07:11:11 AM »
can we alert a local paper/radio? even if its just to post a Found notice?

Offline cracker

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 07:04:43 AM »
poor wee thing  >:( is anyone able to help it
New Forest Animal Rescue

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 00:14:21 AM »
Have had a reply from the lady that posted the 'Found Notice' - she had been contacted by the finder as she had lost her cat but this poor one is not hers. The cat was found near the Uxbridge Road, Pinner in Middlesex:

Thank you very much for your email. The cat was taken to the RSPCA in Putney . The telephone number is 03001230716 and the cats reference number is PC58853. It is still with them as it had an ear infection but I am told that if no one claims it, it will be put to sleep this Saturday.

The lady who gave it to the RSPCA had contacted me because I have a missing cat and she had thought that it may have been mine. I do so hope you can help to save the little chap. He is only 3 years old.

Please let me know if I can help in anyway

I will let her know about the posts on here and cat chat and maybe she can join?

But if anyone can help or speak with the hospital tomorrow that would be great - Am not around much tomorrow or Saturday in view of my mum.

Hope something can be done to save this little one.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Re: Urgent Another 7 Day Cat - PTS Date 27 Feb
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 22:56:19 PM »
Hi

I have just sent the poster on the National Pet Register a message to find out more details and will post when she responds.

Unfortunately, my 96 year old mum has just had a pace maker fitted tonight - so for the next few days I am trundling over to Paddington Hospital from Surrey to be with her - so will not be much use in helping this cat.

So please if anyone can help after I get a response from the lady - he is only 4 years old (that must be an estimate??).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 23:12:15 PM by Edd »

Offline cracker

• Adult Cat
Re: Another RSPCA 7 Day Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 22:47:14 PM »
Wonder if the women new they would PTS after 7 days i dont think so anyone in that area that can help it ?  :'(
New Forest Animal Rescue

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Another RSPCA 7 Day Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 22:19:38 PM »
Poor cat   :'( - being taken in by the  :bum: PCA is worse than a cat taking its chances. I really don't have any time for them and would never support them. I think word is getting round. So often when people phone us, they say they didn't phone them as they didn't want the cat to be PTS.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Urgent - Another 7 Day Cat - PTS date 27 Feb - SORTED
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 22:14:54 PM »
Hi All

Just spotted this on the National Pet Register

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/fp/3269.htm

Can anyone help this cat?

Edited to change Title of thread
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 21:50:39 PM by Edd »

Link to CatChat