Author Topic: anyone going to the CPL open day in September?  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: anyone going to the CPL open day in September?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 12:47:42 PM »
I didnt know that Ela, I thought you would get alot more from them.

I suppose we do really, we get headed paper, leaflets, and occasionally you can apply for a commemorative pen which is purchased out of funds people give to HQ in memory of their cat. When a branch is set up they are provided with a few essentials e.g. Couple of traps, Crush box,  Chip scanner, Woods Lamp. Answer phone. Not sure about a computer but a few years ago every Branch could apply for £1000 towards a computer etc. (You know a few years ago when they were more expensive.)
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 12:36:10 PM »
I didnt know that Ela, I thought you would get alot more from them. I have given to HQ before but these days I have been helping branches - my latest thing is buying eBay things off CP branches registered on there... combines two interests  :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 10:22:04 AM »
thanks Ela, with hindsight I wish I had put the money to a local CPL I hadn't really realised the structure and how money was distributed, thing is the main CPL makes it so easy to set up the direct debit!

Branches cannot  accept DD however they can accept donations by Standing Order and the Treasurers of branches have the forms.

It is surprising how many people think they are donating to their local Branch or if the donate to HQ they pass it on to the local Branch. Although I must say the local branches do get a grant from HQ, ours was less than £800 last year which is about 1 weeks vet bill. Also every branch in the County receives a grant for vouchers, our this year is almost £14000, although I have used up many thousands already and that is only from Feb 1st. Still I can ask for more.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 10:12:53 AM »
Ooh the adoption centre in York has an open day in July  ;D I think i'll go check that out  :Luv:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 09:30:20 AM »
thanks Ela, with hindsight I wish I had put the money to a local CPL I hadn't really realised the structure and how money was distributed, thing is the main CPL makes it so easy to set up the direct debit!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 09:10:26 AM »
There are loads of Shelters/adoption centres that have open days, they are the centres that are HQ sponsored and have some paid staff and are usually much bigger than the branches and have all the cats in one place. If you go to www. cats.org.uk then home a cat, then find your nearest CP, a map of the UK will come up, if you click on your area there will be 3 options 1) Shelters/adoption centres. 2) Branches, some of these will also have open days but due to the fact that all Branches are manned by unpaid slaves volunteers they often don't have the capacity or environment (as usually it is private homes that are used for fostering to have open days. 3) shops.

Of course the National Cat centre at Haywoods Heath is really the best place to go as it is where The CP HQ is and also an adoption centre with I understand up to 200 cats, it cost hundreds of thousands  of pounds and has every facility you can think of.

Everyone that sponsors cat cabins is invited to open days as a matter of courtesy but of course everyone is more than welcome.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 07:32:06 AM »
the one in Wales is at Bridgend Adoption Centre in Mid Glamorgan on 18 May and the Scotland one is Kirkintilloch Adoption centre in Glasgow 27 July - Haywards Heath is on 7 September which is the one I'll be going to

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 15:57:44 PM »
the england one is def Haywards heath but I'll have to check the others, it sounds quite interesting and it would be nice to meet someone from here!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 15:53:10 PM »
There is only one National cat centre and that is in Haywards Heath, then there are  29 HQ sponsored Shelters/adoption centres and  there are the 260+ branches who are the peasants of CP world.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 23:15:46 PM by Ela »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 15:21:08 PM »
I will check on the papers they sent out when I go home, they are at the three national centres I think - I got an invite because I sponser a kitty cabin!

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 11:53:47 AM »
where abouts is the scotland one? and when?

sarah x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 10:49:05 AM »
I think different Sheltlers have different open days throughout  the year. I know the Derby Shelter usually have one in June

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 07:28:33 AM »
there is one at Hayward Heath, one in Scotland and another one that I've forgotten

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 18:00:54 PM »
Is that at Haywards Heath?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
anyone going to the CPL open day in September?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 15:40:43 PM »
just wondering??

Link to CatChat