Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Insurance
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 17:42:30 PM »
Yes there will be a waiting time on all the good insurances too make sure you are not trying to insure and already sick cat and havent told the truth!

M&S gives a better deal than Sainsuries and thats why I changed from them to M&S

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 16:16:45 PM »
M&S have paid for all the testing we have had done on Maisy to find out why she keeps scratching even though all tests have come back negative.  We also have the no excess policy so claim for all vets visits including diagnosis and prescription food.
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 15:33:42 PM »
I personally get mine insured, wait the 14 days and then take them for their blood tests. I have had them paid back when done on vets recommendation, but my vet said I should be able to get them back if I have them done annually and they then show something. HAve you had a quote from Sainsbury's?

Tell you what - the quotes are varying wildly! - just phone Tesco they quoted £44.40 for the two of them - and they don't cover dental treatment unless arising from an accident, compared to £24.57 for the two from M&S ! No havent tried Sainsbury's - just gonna do that!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 15:26:28 PM »
I personally get mine insured, wait the 14 days and then take them for their blood tests. I have had them paid back when done on vets recommendation, but my vet said I should be able to get them back if I have them done annually and they then show something. HAve you had a quote from Sainsbury's?
Please spay your cat

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 15:14:38 PM »
It will include the cost of tests required for diagnosis,   But best check your policy wording to be sure.

Is Jasper already insured or have you taken out a policy for him? 

Hi Susanne, thanks - no he's not insured yet - but I've just rung M&S for quote and they gave me a price of £24.57 per month for both Jasp and Zeta. The only thing is can't make any claim for 14 days! presume thats standard with most policies? I've never had pet insurance before, so this is all new to me   ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 15:00:02 PM »
It will include the cost of tests required for diagnosis, provided they are not standard preventative care.  At least mine does.  When Jaffa has his senior blood panel I considered claiming (in the end it cost less than the excess) and they said that because Jaffa had had some vomiting they could just say that the tests were to investigate that (although the vet had actually recommended a follow up blood test after his pre-op bloods before his dental showed highish renal values).  So if your vet recommends blood tests the cost should be covered.   But best check your policy wording to be sure.

Is Jasper already insured or have you taken out a policy for him? 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 15:01:33 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 14:53:34 PM »
Can you help clarify what pet insurance actually covers?

Does it usually just cover treatment after diagnosis of an illness - or will it cover the cost of tests required for diagnosis?

The reason I ask is that I suspect my new arrival Japser has failing kidneys/poss hyperthyoidism too, so when I request tests, or when my vet recommends tests - if I've got him  insured, will the cost of those tests be covered do you know?

Link to CatChat