Author Topic: Jaxs & Jill Leeds (HOMED)  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Jaxs & Jill Leeds (HOMED)
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 12:04:59 PM »
 ;D If you can start a new thread in Cats Stories that would  be great we'd love updates  :thanks:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 14:12:08 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »
Will post more pics of the babes soon xx
People scare the hell out of me !

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 10:05:32 AM »
 ;D Hurrah!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
Awww, that's great news  ;D

more photos would be lovely :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:50:50 AM by Janeyk »

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
Re: Jaxs & Jill Leeds
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »
Gosh I know - how sad am I - I just soooooooooooooooooooooo love them and I just can not stop buying toys and beds for them - lol.
Will keep my ears open for any other fur babes xx

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 11:44:08 AM »
Hehe!

Yet another FF (failed fosterer!!!)

No problems hun xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 11:42:28 AM »
Hi All Sorry for not getting in touch sooner have been in hospital - Well Jaxs and Jill have found their forever home - with me ! Jaxs has become quite dependant on me and we have built up a very strong bond and Jill is just Jill sweet and cheeky. I could not bare to part with them .
Thank you all for the support that you wonderful people have given me.
Much Love - Jen xx :rofl:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 10:47:19 AM »
Hi Jennifer-Ann,

Are Jax and Jill still looking for a home? I may have a possible home for them, but i'm just checking that the lady would take slightly older kittens xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 16:29:10 PM »
 :Luv2: Told u I waffle. I could not get near the little one at all gosh she was and still is fast. Then the most weird thing happened they all began to pester my dad and I mean pester and miracles of miracles my dad began feeding them unprompted by me. The little kitten is now a pretty girl called Millie- still can not get near her but we are still trying to trap her to get her spayed - the boys have all been done. We have built two covered feeding houses and two wooden cat houses with heating for the babes. Spud who I advertised as needing a home came along approx 7 months ago, he tested positive for fiv, however he did find his forever home with a wonderful family. We also have Victoria who visits and is quite a madam she will come to my dad , my hubby and I but growls and hisses at others. Jaxs and Jill are her babies. Even though we have a large mastif who is a nutter ( but he is our nutter ) all the cats still come twice a day to be fed, sleep in the houses and sun bathe in the garden.
I know my mam sent these fur balls to keep us on our toes and that is why I will do my best by all of them. I actually rescue wildlife, birds, mice, hedgie pigs etc so I am a bit of a nutter. I hope I havent bored you all rigid but just felt that I should share with you my story I dont know if you believe in things like this - I know I didnt before this happened to me and just before I go all of my life I have been allergic to cat and guinea pig fur, my eyes and lips would swell and I could not breathe, now I still can not go near a GP but have no bother with the cats !

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 16:10:09 PM »
 :Luv2: I feel I should give you lovely people a bit of background info on hy I am seeking a home for Jaxs & Jill, I know I can waffle but please bear with me.
My mam and I were as close as close could be, if she was not my mam then she would defo be my best friend.When she was younger she rescued a baby tom from a dustbin - they were the days when peoples cats had kittens and they were promptly drowned and put in the bin ! anyway this little chap had not drowned, he crawled into a tin of condensed milk and survived on that until my mam heard his cry- she took him hoe and he became her best friend, she called him Billy and he certainly ruled the roost in their house, the poor dog would not move if Billy said stay and Billy would crawl into the leg of my uncles bell leg trousers and go to sleep and whoa betide if anyone woke him. After a good life he died aged 19 and my mam never forgot him. When she married my dad she longed for another cat but being my dad he said no - so we always had dogs. My mam was diagnosed with copd 10 years ago and as the illness took more of a hold my mam had to use oxygen 24 hours a day and subsiquently became housebound. About three years ago in the July we noticed a black & white cat coming into the garden to drink from the bird bath and he looked stick thin , so me and my mam began feeding him on the sly, he was very timid but then twiged on ah food - thats ok. Even the barking of our mad mastif did not deter him.We called him TC, Then about four weeks later another tabby male cat began visiting and he was in a bit of a sorry state battle scares and bashed lugs. He also began feeding from us and we called him Kingpin. The joy that this brought to my mam was just fab. Sadly in the September of that year I lost my darling mam, on the day that she died I was sat in the garden when Kingpin appeared and began rubbing his head on my legs and then TC appeared and began to do the same Because of the state I was in nothing registered I jut thought oh gosh I havent fed them for 24 hours, it was not until later that night when a Tiny scrap of a kitten appeared that I realised my mam was telling me things would be ok. 

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 22:44:28 PM »
 :Luv: Still looking for their forever home- had both of them sat on my lap today and picked them both up without too much fuss ! Forgot to mention that they are both blood tested and free from any of the nasties xx

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 13:50:17 PM »
Hi thanks for the advice re Adel cp do not intend to hand the babes into a rescue as I dont want them passed from pillar to post will home them direct - I know what you mean about some of the rescues.
Hope Adel is up and running soon as I feel it will be a big miss in Leeds
Thanks again xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 12:03:02 PM »
Hi Jennifer!

Yep Janey K is right we're still on hold and with head office dragging their feet I suspect we're not going to be in a position to take in cats for another couple of months  :tired:

We're still neutering though!!!!!! Hope these babes find the right homes - just give us a shout if you need any advice on homes/areas etc. The only rescues taking in at the moment are Leeds Cat Rescue and Haworth (some of the other rescues I wouldn't touch with a bargepole!)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 20:52:37 PM »
That's good, and if I remember rightly the Adel isn't open at the moment to take in new cats, will check it out.

eta: I know their branch was on hold with head office last month so not sure whether they are taking on news cats yet.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 20:56:28 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 20:47:24 PM »
Hi I can not get through to the Adel cps - no web site or tel - its just dead and have asked a couple to place them on their web pages as I would prefer to home them direct. Thanks for the advice again xxx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 20:00:39 PM »
They are both gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: good luck finding homes for them and hope that the others are somewhere safe now  :scared: have you also tried contacting rescues in your area: http://www.catchat.org/adoption/yorksw.html

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 15:58:06 PM »
Gosh have got this the wrong way round. Looking to rehome 2 seven month old beautiful sisters. Born outside along with three other siblings, 1 got hit with a car, 1 just vanished and 1 is still on the run. Both had very little contact until they came to us, Jill the white and tabby babe is the more confident of the two who leads the way in most things, Jaxs is the black and white babe, she is rather quite shy and a little timid- however this is getting better by the day. Both must stay together as they are as close as close can be, eating, sleeping and playing together. An experieced cat mummy or daddy is needed as both girls need oodles of love , patience and understanding - the rewards will be fab. Both like to crawl under the duvet on a morning for a cuddle and fight and love to play with the bubbles out of the bath. A child and dog free home is required as neither has come into contact with the above. Both babes are spayed, flea & worm free and with time, patience and effort will become little stunners in every department. At present neither thank you for picking them up but they are getting there. If you feel you have the right home for these babes pm me and we can chat further.
thanks xxx

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
Jaxs & Jill Leeds (HOMED)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 15:45:14 PM »
As promised pictures I hope ! xx
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:50:08 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat